By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - What's the greatest song ever made, in your opinion?

definitely this one!

Around the Network

LuccaCardoso1 said:

I'd probably say Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen, just because of how grandiose it is.

Impossible question, but yeah, when I'm making a list, I pick Bohemian Rhapsody to top it as well.

Diamonds and Pearls - Prince

Sales prediction, PS4: 122 Million, Xbox one: 50 million, Switch: 105 million. 

This is a difficult choice when it comes to a single band. Imagine doing it for a genre or a decade. And you want us to do it for "all time?"

I like any answer that has Queen, Sigur Ros, or Pink Floyd in it. And certainly something off GnR's Illusion double disk set would qualify as well. Good picks so far for sure.

The theme to Star Wars is pretty awesome as well, as is the theme from Requiem For a Dream.
Radiohead has some pretty great contenders on Kid A including The National Anthem.

Of course we can't forget to consider the Eagles' Hotel California or Wings' Band on the Run or Beatles' Day in the Life.

Argh....it's really, really difficult.

The real answer is probably something like "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star," a nursery rhyme from the 1800s put to the music of "Ah! vous diraj-je, maman" from 1761. There's absolutely no denying the infectiousness of this song and its longevity.

Around the Network

Billie Jean or Smooth Criminal. Can't decide!

HoloDust said:
haxxiy said:

So... you basically agress with me and my reasoning, but seems irked for some reason?

If I lied and mentioned a random single from a english band of the 60s and 70s, as it often happens, would it be more acceptable?

You wouldn't be really lying - as I said, although OP was not very specific, his own choice kinda set the tone - at least that's how I look at it, I'd be surprised if he really thinks that's actually the best piece of music of ALL time.

I wasn't very specific on purpose, I wanted to see how differently people interpreted the word "greatest". I don't necessarily think that Bohemian Rhapsody is the best piece of music of all time. I honestly would not be able to tell you what my favourite song of all time is if you asked me. But I do think it's the greatest, in one sense of the word.

B O I

I'd say Comfortably Numb by Pink Floyd

Seriously, that guitar solo at the end is amazing.

I find surprising that some here also chose Pink Floyd songs.

ELO - Mr. Blue Sky or REO Speedwagon - Keep on Loving You

It's hard to pick just one song. But Bright Eyes by Art Garfunkel is definitely up there, and it has been one of my favourite songs since I was a kid.