By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
CosmicSex said:
Mandalore76 said:

Kaepernick didn't kneel during the anthem when he was the 49ers starting QB in Super Bowl XLVII.  The start of his protest coincided with when he found himself as the back-up QB to Blaine Gabbert, and suddenly wanted out of his contract.  There are reasons why people find him disingenuous.

I don't care when he started it and for what reason.  I know that it is real and it needs to be talked about.  Because, it is bigger than him.  He wasn't the only one doing it either.  He because the poster boy for it but regardless of whether you like what he did or not, it needs to be talked about. 

CosmicSex said:
Mandalore76 said:

Kaepernick didn't kneel during the anthem when he was the 49ers starting QB in Super Bowl XLVII.  The start of his protest coincided with when he found himself as the back-up QB to Blaine Gabbert, and suddenly wanted out of his contract.  There are reasons why people find him disingenuous.

I don't care when he started it and for what reason.  I know that it is real and it needs to be talked about.  Because, it is bigger than him.  He wasn't the only one doing it either.  He because the poster boy for it but regardless of whether you like what he did or not, it needs to be talked about. 

I heard you the first time.

Around the Network
dx11332sega said:
Carl said:
Loony far right idiots are salty as fuck over it and it's hilarious.

Good on Nike and good on Kap for sticking it to 'em.

Why are you insulting convervatives it was unnecessary it makes you whatever your into look aggressive and doesn't make you look good whatever party you support?

I'm insulting the far right.

If you want to defend the far right, feel free.

Conservatives care a lot about free speech until it's speech they disagree with

CosmicSex said:
Aeolus451 said:

What kind of race baiting questions are those, Sharpton? Colin didn't do any of that for some noble cause. He's an idiot who made some piss poor excuse for why he was being disrespectful to the country. 

Yes trying to start a conversation about black people being killed by the police is stupid and disrespectful to 'the country'.  

As a black person who has witnessed it, I can tell you that wanting to stand up for my life in this country isnt a piss poor reason. It won't stop because black people will NEVER die for you.  Got it.  Nope.  You don't get it.  Lol.  It's okay.  Just know that it won't stop because we think our live are worth fight for.

You are all like "how dare you speak up for yourself"?  

What did you witness?

KLAMarine said:
CosmicSex said:

Yes trying to start a conversation about black people being killed by the police is stupid and disrespectful to 'the country'.  

As a black person who has witnessed it, I can tell you that wanting to stand up for my life in this country isnt a piss poor reason. It won't stop because black people will NEVER die for you.  Got it.  Nope.  You don't get it.  Lol.  It's okay.  Just know that it won't stop because we think our live are worth fight for.

What did you witness?

An unconscious unarmed black man being beaten by cops with their nightsticks. The crowd told him to stop and was horrified.  But he wouldn't.  I couldn't stay to watch.  

But I know that whatever hangups people have with protests is misguided and shameful.  This is not okay and we will NEVER stop talking about it until it is taken seriously. 

Its like this stuff is invisible to people.  I don't care if they cancel the whole damn NFL and people protest by burning their shoes with them on. 

Around the Network
KLAMarine said:

Machiavellian said:

Does that mean if you do not die, you have not sacrifice anything.  Or are you saying you must serve in the military in order to be considered sacrificing anything.  Just wondering because anytime I hear someone talk about sacrificing something they throw in pictures like this.  I guess the rest of us must be trash then if this is what it really means to sacrifice.

To give ones life for a cause many would consider 'sacrificing everything'. Of course, just because you don't give up your life doesn't mean you're trash, it just means you were only willing to go so far.

Going back to the Nike ad, I find the wording unfortunate. Did Colin really 'sacrifice everything' when he's got a big marketing deal with a huge corporation like Nike?

I could say more but I'll leave it at that for now...

Yes giving your life is the ultimate sacrifice but it's not the only one.  Using one extreme doesn't disqualify another.  I remember when this first came out and a friend of mine asked me what did I think about the whole thing.  I told him that I do not believe Kap understand where he is going and where it would end.  I told him I wonder if Kap is committed to what he believes because the end result will be him getting fired, whatever he is protesting about will be turned to something else and that any message he will try to present will be twisted to represent what people want to hear not what he wants to say.

As to did Colin sacrifice everything, depends.  Just because he got a marketing deal with Nike now doesn't mean he did not sacrifice anything before.  The key will be where does he go next.  Do he really want to take the next step.

As for Nike, this is very interesting choice for them and I know they had to do the numbers before going with Kap.  I would love to have been in the meeting when this was brought up.

CosmicSex said:
Aeolus451 said:

What kind of race baiting questions are those, Sharpton? Colin didn't do any of that for some noble cause. He's an idiot who made some piss poor excuse for why he was being disrespectful to the country. 

Okay. You're strawmanning me with this race stuff and acting like I'm in the KKK. I'm not white enough.The conversation about police brutality has been going on for decades outside of football. Since you keep bringing it up, I'll poke some holes thru your theory. Colin's particular claim isn't based on reality these days and it's race baiting. Statistics don't support what he's saying. I'm sure that blacks committing the majority of the murders/robberies in the US per year and perpetuating that "resist the cops" mentality have something to do with the frequency of police interactions and escalation of those interactions. 

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2013/crime-in-the-u.s.-2013/tables/table-43

"In shootings in these 10 cities involving officers, officers were more likely to fire their weapons without having first been attacked when the suspects were white."

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/12/upshot/surprising-new-evidence-shows-bias-in-police-use-of-force-but-not-in-shootings.person

I wonder if you work for Al Sharpton or something.

There's a ton of reasons why those idiots are "taking a knee" since he started sitting/kneeling later on. It's not about a specific issue. It's disrespectful of a millionaire football player to virtue signal during the national anthem at football games for any reason. 

Yeah, let's put our shoes on fire, that'll teach them! Reminds me of when angry mobs are burning the flag of a country they don't like.

SpokenTruth said:
SecondWar said:
The backlash just symbolises blind loyalty. But there seems to be a good number of people who just don't want to hear about it. They would say, protest in a different way - but how exactly? To some people it appears to be 'unpatriotic' to highlight issues that dampen a belief of so ething that is believed to be perfect, an obsession some people seem to have taken to practically religious extremes.

Im am curious however. If I was to wear a blindfold during the anthem, as a symbol of blind loyalty, how would that be received?

Aeolus451 said:

Did you just say he came up with his reason for kneeling after the fact? 

KLAMarine said:

"protest in a different way - but how exactly?"

Not in the middle of work.

Guess we'll just go back to 16 hour work days, no overtime, no paid time off, no vacations, child labor, etc... Yeah, never protest at work.

Or even before the clock starts.  Because the game hadn't even started yet.  Because taking a knee before the game and taking a knee during the game mean two very different things.

KLAMarine said:

What is his stance? I don't even know. I do know he's a face on a Nike ad about 'sacrificing everything'.

Hold on.  Did you just admit you have no idea what he is even protesting about? 

OMG.  This is why they still take a knee.  You put your head in the sand, don't give a damn what the purpose is and then proclaim disrespect of the flag and anthem.  This is privilege, people.  This is "I can ignore the issue because it doesn't affect me" privilege.  This is "I can claim indignity without knowing anything about it" privilege.  You have the luxury of not having to deal with the very issues that Kaepernick and others are protesting and therefore you also have the luxury of redirecting their protest into your protest of them.

OMG this. All of this! 

Carl said:
Loony far right idiots are salty as fuck over it and it's hilarious.

Good on Nike and good on Kap for sticking it to 'em.

Are you ka-ping or something? If you're gonna do this, at least try to be a bit correct. Alot of normal right leaning people don't like it because it's just virtue signaling that's very disrespectful to the country and it politicizes America's favorite sport.