By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Aeolus451 said:

Are you ka-ping or something? If you're gonna do this, at least try to be a bit correct. Alot of normal right leaning people don't like it because it's just virtue signaling that's very disrespectful to the country and it politicizes America's favorite sport. 

If normal right leaning people are putting those issues above the continued racism in American society, fuck 'em.

Around the Network

Overall its a pretty joke campaign. Kap hasn't sacrifice ''everything'' or really anything. Like others have said,instead of people burning shoes and doing things like that, people should really be protesting the sweatshops and the treatment of those people.

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

It's also funny to see American patriots and nationalists burning American products and intending to boycott an American company.

Carl said:
Aeolus451 said:

Are you ka-ping or something? If you're gonna do this, at least try to be a bit correct. Alot of normal right leaning people don't like it because it's just virtue signaling that's very disrespectful to the country and it politicizes America's favorite sport. 

If normal right leaning people are putting those issues above the continued racism in American society, fuck 'em.

Like the left is? They're constantly ignoring cases of racism like that new york times writer and South Africa. "Do as we say, not as we do". At least the right understands the definition of racism and is against it regardless of who or what race does it, they just don't virtue signal about it.

Aeolus451 said:
Carl said:

Like the left is? They're constantly ignoring cases of racism like that new york times writer and South Africa. "Do as we say, not as we do". At least the right understands the definition of racism and is against it regardless of who or what race does it, they just don't virtue signal about it.

-shrug-

I was laughing at the far right, you're the one who got defensive and brought normal right leaning people into it.

Around the Network
dx11332sega said:

I think Africans americans should fix there own cities because I watched on youtube an independant african that said they should worry about africans killing africans more than cops killing africans because it is higher like 200 percent vs a small percent of cops treating africans indiferent IDK I might be missinformed and this is more important than africans in general he also said the something about africans commiting more crime due to bad influence to rap about calling another african the N or B word and undermining women as hoes and thats warping the black communities and rap influence hate to cops which is why cops are extra careful when approaching an african some cops panick and make the dicision though there are few bad cops that hurt africans on purpose but these aren't majority of American cops way of thinking and the the country is focusing on the few incidents with cops and he feels more terrible that blacks lie cheat steal murder other blacks than any other race why is noone talking about that he says?

User was Banned for Racism due to this post - cycycychris

Whoa, whoa, whoa, hold on.  Where do we go to protest an improper ban?

KLAMarine said:
SecondWar said:
The backlash just symbolises blind loyalty. But there seems to be a good number of people who just don't want to hear about it. They would say, protest in a different way - but how exactly? To some people it appears to be 'unpatriotic' to highlight issues that dampen a belief of so ething that is believed to be perfect, an obsession some people seem to have taken to practically religious extremes.

Im am curious however. If I was to wear a blindfold during the anthem, as a symbol of blind loyalty, how would that be received?

"protest in a different way - but how exactly?"

Not in the middle of work.

Technically for him 'the middle of work' is during the game, not the pre-match build up.

Carl said:
Aeolus451 said:

-shrug-

I was laughing at the far right, you're the one who got defensive and brought normal right leaning people into it.

That's because you basically called the right leaning people who don't like this stuff, far right then insulted them several times. 

"Loony far right idiots are salty as fuck over it and it's hilarious."

I'm glad you're a ex-mod if you're really like this.

SpokenTruth said:
SecondWar said:
The backlash just symbolises blind loyalty. But there seems to be a good number of people who just don't want to hear about it. They would say, protest in a different way - but how exactly? To some people it appears to be 'unpatriotic' to highlight issues that dampen a belief of so ething that is believed to be perfect, an obsession some people seem to have taken to practically religious extremes.

Im am curious however. If I was to wear a blindfold during the anthem, as a symbol of blind loyalty, how would that be received?

Who is this image aimed at?

SpokenTruth said: 
KLAMarine said: 

Guess we'll just go back to 16 hour work days, no overtime, no paid time off, no vacations, child labor, etc... Yeah, never protest at work.

Or even before the clock starts.  Because the game hadn't even started yet.  Because taking a knee before the game and taking a knee during the game mean two very different things.

But as far as I know, Colin's initial point wasn't about work conditions. It was something to do with police brutality.

SpokenTruth said: 

KLAMarine said: 

What is his stance? I don't even know. I do know he's a face on a Nike ad about 'sacrificing everything'.

Hold on.  Did you just admit you have no idea what he is even protesting about? 

I know it has something to do with police brutality. Taking a knee however is something of a vague gesture. It's no substitute for written word.

SpokenTruth said:  

OMG.  This is why they still take a knee.  You put your head in the sand, don't give a damn what the purpose is and then proclaim disrespect of the flag and anthem.

The knee gesture isn't about police brutality anymore?

SpokenTruth said:  

You put your head in the sand, don't give a damn what the purpose is and then proclaim disrespect of the flag and anthem.

When did I do this? My head is in this thread, not in the sand.

SpokenTruth said: 

This is privilege, people.  This is "I can ignore the issue because it doesn't affect me" privilege.  This is "I can claim indignity without knowing anything about it" privilege.  You have the luxury of not having to deal with the very issues that Kaepernick and others are protesting and therefore you also have the luxury of redirecting their protest into your protest of them.

I'm willing to bet there's people in the tens, if not, hundreds of millions who were never affected by police brutality.

CosmicSex said:
KLAMarine said:

What did you witness?

An unconscious unarmed black man being beaten by cops with their nightsticks. The crowd told him to stop and was horrified.  But he wouldn't.  I couldn't stay to watch.  

But I know that whatever hangups people have with protests is misguided and shameful.  This is not okay and we will NEVER stop talking about it until it is taken seriously. 

Its like this stuff is invisible to people.  I don't care if they cancel the whole damn NFL and people protest by burning their shoes with them on. 

Is there video footage of this incident?

SecondWar said:
KLAMarine said:

Technically for him 'the middle of work' is during the game, not the pre-match build up.

His employers might define it differently: "the instant the uniform is on, you're at work" for example.

pokoko said:
dx11332sega said:

I think Africans americans should fix there own cities because I watched on youtube an independant african that said they should worry about africans killing africans more than cops killing africans because it is higher like 200 percent vs a small percent of cops treating africans indiferent IDK I might be missinformed and this is more important than africans in general he also said the something about africans commiting more crime due to bad influence to rap about calling another african the N or B word and undermining women as hoes and thats warping the black communities and rap influence hate to cops which is why cops are extra careful when approaching an african some cops panick and make the dicision though there are few bad cops that hurt africans on purpose but these aren't majority of American cops way of thinking and the the country is focusing on the few incidents with cops and he feels more terrible that blacks lie cheat steal murder other blacks than any other race why is noone talking about that he says?

User was Banned for Racism due to this post - cycycychris

Whoa, whoa, whoa, hold on.  Where do we go to protest an improper ban?

Because making sweeping generalizations about an entire race without taking socioeconomic factors into account is proper behavior apparently