By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
SpokenTruth said:
Mandalore76 said:

For context though, he was 8-8 as a starter in 2014, 2-6 as a starter in 2015, and 1-10 as a starter in 2016.  Kaepernick was showing signs of not being a "decent QB" long before he started kneeling during the anthem.  Ironically, he didn't start his protest until he was trying to get out of his 49ers contract when they tried replacing him with Blaine Gabbert.  2015-2016, with the exact same team, Gabbert was 4-9 as a starter while Kaepernick was 3-16 (meanwhile, Jimmy Garoppolo rattled off 5 wins in a row as soon as the 49ers signed him late last year).  More wins, less headache.  And it wasn't just the kneeling.  It was the wearing of "Cops are pigs" socks, and Fidel Castro t-shirts as well.  He turned himself into a sideshow.  You combine that with only 3 wins in your last 17 starts, and that's pretty much a recipe for no team wanting you on their roster.

Let's just ignore that wins are far more dependent on just the QB.

2014 - 16 games started - 3,369 yards, 20 total TDs, 10 INTs, 86.4 rating.
2015 - 9 games started - Out for rest of season because of shoulder injury.
2016 - 12 games started - 2,241 yards, 18 total TDs, 4 INTs, 90.7 rating.  Defense ranked 32nd in the NFL.

2017 had a new head coach/offensive coordinator, a new general manager and a much better defense.

He's a better QB than you are trying to paint him as.  And even if not a starter, he could easily have played 2nd or 3rd string on damn near any team in the league.

I pointed out that Gabbert won more games in less starts with the same teammates/coaching staff prior.  As for 2nd and 3rd string, the sideshow he created around himself, that I also pointed out, made that an undesirable situation for any team looking to fill those positions.  

Around the Network
Aeolus451 said:
Guess Nike doesn't know about "go woke, go broke". Alot of sports fans are mad over the NFL becoming more political and the viewership is dropping. https://www.forbes.com/sites/jonathanberr/2018/08/28/the-nfls-ratings-probably-will-continue-to-decline/#6a072b026666 The NFL has finally stopped them from kneeling and won't touch Colin. ESPN has gotten political and as a result, there ratings keep dropping/losing subs. https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/espn-loses-500000-subscribers-april/

Don't these dumbies know that sports viewers are mainly conservative except with certain sports. 🙀 What possessed Nike to do this...

They made an inspirational ad.  The 'Just do it' campaign isn't new.  Its about fighting through adversity.   These are noble causes and stories mentioned in the ad.  When you see black people, in general, does it make you angry?  Would it be better in your opinion if black people were denied the right to free speech? 

SpokenTruth said: 
KLAMarine said: 
So how much is Kap sacrificing in this ad campaign?

Any chance at a career in the NFL ever again. 

Nike money sounds good though...

Even seen one with Hitler. The phrase could have been much better worded.

Nike - Just Don't

Chapter 11 - Just File It

Seriously though, they chose a guy who spends his time on his knee's to promote shoes. I mean common. 

The comparison to Al Bundy is also hilarious. 

Mar1217 said:
Aside from having a distaste towards big brands humanizing themselves.

The "Just do it" looks like a bad rip off from our dear Shia LeBoeuf

The just do it campaign first started in 1988 so Shia LeBeouf actually ripped it of from NIke.

Around the Network

The backlash just symbolises blind loyalty. But there seems to be a good number of people who just don't want to hear about it. They would say, protest in a different way - but how exactly? To some people it appears to be 'unpatriotic' to highlight issues that dampen a belief of so ething that is believed to be perfect, an obsession some people seem to have taken to practically religious extremes.

Im am curious however. If I was to wear a blindfold during the anthem, as a symbol of blind loyalty, how would that be received?

I support this, more companies should support Kaepernick. Then we'll see how much stuff they can burn/destroy before they're homeless. :D

KLAMarine said:

SpokenTruth said: 

Any chance at a career in the NFL ever again. 

Nike money sounds good though...

Does that mean if you do not die, you have not sacrifice anything.  Or are you saying you must serve in the military in order to be considered sacrificing anything.  Just wondering because anytime I hear someone talk about sacrificing something they throw in pictures like this.  I guess the rest of us must be trash then if this is what it really means to sacrifice.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
COKTOE said:

To make liberals forget that child slaves assemble Nike shoes?

Did you watch Tucker Carlson last night too?  

Tucker Carlson actually made a good point a couple of days ago when he put Uber, Amazon and Walmart on blast for not paying their workers a living wage.  But then he returned to his usual dumb self by saying that a non violent and peaceful protest represents a threat to America. 

jason1637 said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

I know, but that's like ... every ad campaign for a useless product, ever. It was especially bad, but it didn't stick out as that much worse than the other ones I have seen.

1) Pepsi isn't a useless product. 

2) The Pepsi ad featured Kendell Jenner not a Kardashian. They're cousins but still.

3) The ad was controversial because it had a terrible messege. The ad was saying that drinking Pepsi can solve serious problems like police brutality and racism.

2) Actually they are sisters they just have a different father I really shouldn't know this since I don't care for any of the Kardashian's.