By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
SammyGiireal said:
COKTOE said:

To make liberals forget that child slaves assemble Nike shoes?

Protesting Nike's sweatshops is actually a more Noble crusade, than protesting Nike because they paid Kaepernik for an ad as they officially joined his crusade.

And I would agree with you on that. :)

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
jason1637 said:

1) Pepsi isn't a useless product. 

2) The Pepsi ad featured Kendell Jenner not a Kardashian. They're cousins but still.

3) The ad was controversial because it had a terrible messege. The ad was saying that drinking Pepsi can solve serious problems like police brutality and racism.

1) Sure it is

2) Just shows how relevant it was 

3) That's not really any different from ads about "world peace" though, which has been a popular marketing tactic for a long time for just about any product

Those ads are stupid and deserve to be shat on.

jason1637 said:
I don't agree with the kneeling buy Kaepernick did something he believed was right and didn't back down so he deserves to be in the cover. He's also a decent QB.

For context though, he was 8-8 as a starter in 2014, 2-6 as a starter in 2015, and 1-10 as a starter in 2016.  Kaepernick was showing signs of not being a "decent QB" long before he started kneeling during the anthem.  Ironically, he didn't start his protest until he was trying to get out of his 49ers contract when they tried replacing him with Blaine Gabbert.  2015-2016, with the exact same team, Gabbert was 4-9 as a starter while Kaepernick was 3-16 (meanwhile, Jimmy Garoppolo rattled off 5 wins in a row as soon as the 49ers signed him late last year).  More wins, less headache.  And it wasn't just the kneeling.  It was the wearing of "Cops are pigs" socks, and Fidel Castro t-shirts as well.  He turned himself into a sideshow.  You combine that with only 3 wins in your last 17 starts, and that's pretty much a recipe for no team wanting you on their roster.

Smh why dont they donate all their nike apparel they no longer want to the homeless veterans they pretend to care about

remember kids, at the end if the day Nike is just a faceless corporation that sells overpriced shoes to idiots who have no idea what the value of a dollar is. and youll keep buying them anyways just because your head is so magically far up your own ass that youre convinced having a swoosh on the side of your shoe makes it better

Around the Network
jason1637 said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

1) Sure it is

2) Just shows how relevant it was 

3) That's not really any different from ads about "world peace" though, which has been a popular marketing tactic for a long time for just about any product

Those ads are stupid and deserve to be shat on.

I don't really disagree. And I do think that Jenner one was worse than the others. I was saying that I didn't understand the huge amounts of vitriol overall. 

Baddman said:
Smh why dont they donate all their nike apparel they no longer want to the homeless veterans they pretend to care about

Or better yet, sell the apparel and donate the money to army veterans. Deny Nike new customers and donate to a good cause.

Bad decision to kneel during the anthem. Seems a distraction to bring up the issue of free speech when the original intent was to try to address police brutality.

Yerm said:
remember kids, at the end if the day Nike is just a faceless corporation that sells overpriced shoes to idiots who have no idea what the value of a dollar is. and youll keep buying them anyways just because your head is so magically far up your own ass that youre convinced having a swoosh on the side of your shoe makes it better

You sound like an idiot. Nike shows are great.

⚠️WARNED: Flaming ~ CGI

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 05 September 2018

So how much is Kap sacrificing in this ad campaign?