Forums - Gaming Discussion - 195 Rapid-Fire Questions About Call Of Duty's Blackout

curl-6 said:

You should add more to the thread title, at present it reads like clickbait spam.

As for the topic, Activision are idiots for not putting COD on Switch. 4 COD games passed the million mark on the freaking Wii of all systems. And the technical gap was far greater then.

Which makes me think that there is more to this story than meet the eyes.  If I were to make a wild guess I would say that Nintendo - Activision relations are not in good terms at the moment.  And no, Im not talking about "X company hates Y company because of reasons".  Business are not ran based on feelings.  There is a lot of logistics, contracts and agreements before games of this budget are put on any specific console.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
flashfire926 said:

So you are encouraging developers to put out a sub-bar product to earn a quick a buck? That's exactly how we got WWE 2K18 on Switch.

You can port a PS4/Xbone game to Switch without it being WWE 2K18 levels of awful. Doom, Wolfenstein II, Outlast II for instance are of acceptable quality despite the necessary technical cutbacks.

Why would they spend the resources on it? Those games compared to COD are small peanuts. The opportunity cost of segmenting their teams more may not even be worth the time. Especially considering how tight the dev cycles are on those games. The next two games are already well into production and they cut enough corners as is.

outlawauron said:
curl-6 said:

You can port a PS4/Xbone game to Switch without it being WWE 2K18 levels of awful. Doom, Wolfenstein II, Outlast II for instance are of acceptable quality despite the necessary technical cutbacks.

Why would they spend the resources on it? Those games compared to COD are small peanuts. The opportunity cost of segmenting their teams more may not even be worth the time. Especially considering how tight the dev cycles are on those games. The next two games are already well into production and they cut enough corners as is.

You don't need to segment your teams, that's what porting houses are for.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series X will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

curl-6 said:
outlawauron said:

You don't need to segment your teams, that's what porting houses are for.

That's a fair suggestion. I know Activision doesn't really like to do the delayed release (as it messes up the gap/recovery in between each title), but as far as one-offs. It could certainly be done. They haven't done much work with contracted dev teams since the awful Call of Duty Declassified. Apparently that wasn't quite the outside devs fault since they had less than 9 months to develop and release it, but I don't think we'll see another out-of-house Call of Duty game in a while.

If Switch were to get an COD, I think it's be a remaster/collection. I'm kinda surprised there hasn't been a Modern Warfare collection yet. 

I'll be laughing at the CoD sales decline

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~
Around the Network

Incredibly clickbaity and misleading.

He is the design director. He has absolutely no idea or influence on any kind of port. He laughed because he is not the right guy to talk to. He even fucking said it. Anything else is pure conjecture by the interviewer and/or editor of the article. Stop fucking victimizing yourself.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

wombat123 said:

After seeing the responses from Nintendo fans, I expect the guy to go on twitter proclaiming how much he loves the Switch and later post a picture of a Switch with games that he lifted from somewhere else.

The guy never laughed at the Switch in the first place. OP is trying to mislead people. Read the article.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
wombat123 said:

After seeing the responses from Nintendo fans, I expect the guy to go on twitter proclaiming how much he loves the Switch and later post a picture of a Switch with games that he lifted from somewhere else.

The guy never laughed at the Switch in the first place. OP is trying to mislead people. Read the article.

This must be sarcasm because vivster said it, so he did laugh at the Switch?

jason1637 said:
Black Ops 4 wouldn't run well on the Switch.

Says who?

curl-6 said:

COD3/World at War/MW1/Black Ops didn't run well on Wii, but they still sold over a million a piece.

I think the big difference between those games and Black Ops for is that... They kinda ditched the Singleplayer to the curb with Black Ops 4.
Online isn't exactly the Switch's strong point, especially in handheld mode where it has to dangle off another mobile device.

flashfire926 said:

I'm playing the devil's advocate here I know, but I don't think COD has any chance of even running on the Switch. And let's face it, most other modern (PS4/XB1) triple-A, realistic graphics games can't either. Sports games are significantly less demanding, so they can run cleanly.

If a game is a 60fps title on Xbox One, I don't see why it couldn't run on Switch at say... 30fps.

flashfire926 said:

Doom/Wolfenstein are an exception because their engine (ID Tech) is probably the most scaleable engine in the industry (allowing Doom to run on a potato). ID software are outright wizards when it comes to their tech, and are very experienced veterans in game development (though I'm not trying taking any credit away from the Switch itself to be able to rum those games, as you have to remember, that this is a handheld as much as it is a home console).

The porting wasn't done by ID Software though, it was done by Panic Button.

You are correct that ID Tech 6 is extremely scaleable... However, the counter argument is that Doom/Wolfenstein has a significantly more demanding and complex rendering pipeline than say... Call of Duty which has never been known for it's visual fidelity since the CoD 2 days.

In general, if a game is 60fps on the Xbox One, then I don't see why it couldn't be 30fps on Switch+Downgrades.

outlawauron said:

If Switch were to get an COD, I think it's be a remaster/collection. I'm kinda surprised there hasn't been a Modern Warfare collection yet. 

Give it time... I wish Activision would get off their posterior and give Modern Warefare 4 the Xbox One X enhanced treatment.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

@Pemalite
Did my report get through? Are we gonna do something about this travesty of a thread?