By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do You Purchase Games From Annualised Franchises Like FIFA, NBA 2K, Call of Duty, etc.?

Do You Purchase Games From Annualised Franchises Like FIFA, NBA 2K, Call of Duty, etc?

Yes, every year 97 8.96%

Yes, but only every other year 64 5.91%

Yes, but only once or twice each generation 167 15.42%

Used to, but not any longer 250 23.08%

No, never 505 46.63%

Total:1,083

Nope, I used to buy cod, battlefield, assassins creed but lost interest in them quickly.

Around the Network

Just NBA.

I'd buy FIFA or NFS when it's 10eur the year after, and once a generation.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

My friends and I have only been getting CoD games by Treyarch because they know how to do Zombies mode right, so that's like one every 3 years.

I do for Forza, but its situation is very different from say COD or every sports title. From COD4 to Black ops 3 I bought every year. Skipped IW, MWR, and WW2. Will be trying out Black ops 4 for its more faster paced BR mode, see maybe if I hop back onto the yearly COD bandwagon again if MW4 is next year.

Around the Network
Machina said:
Barozi said:
I own every CoD but BlOps IIII will be the first I won't buy.
I also play every FIFA game, but don't have to buy them due to EA Access.

Why's that?

I dropped out of the CoD cycle after MW2 I think it was (I was just burnt out by it and didn't get hooked on the multiplayer at all compared to previous ones), with the exception of WWII which came free with my PS4 Pro (and did nothing to change my view that I made the right decision all those years ago to stop buying them).

To have stayed on the CoD train all the way up until now is quite the commitment.

There's no campaign.

Also singleplayer FPS are pretty rare these days, whereas there were plenty of them last gen. That's part of the reason why I still enjoy them very much.

The only IP I do that with is Assassin's Creed. I skipped Syndicate and Rouge, and never played the handheld titles, but I was there every year for...

AC
AC2
Brotherhood
Revelations
AC3
AC4
Unity

Now I have Origins ready to go later this year with the intent to buy Odyssey in Jan. What can I say, they have done a good job turning things around it would appear and I am not eager to jump back in. Glad they went back to taking breaks though with the 2 years before Origins and the announced 2 year break after Odyssey however. That extra time might have been what they needed to truly evolve the IP like they have been.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Just MLB the show but I never get those on day one.

I usually buy an older version, 'cause especially sports games don't change much from one year to another. Paid €4.50 for FIFA 17 and I've got a ton of value from it. Sucks it's not updated to the the latest transfers but Roma with Salah is miles better.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

buy them used when new years version comes out. bargain bin $4.00

steve