By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do You Purchase Games From Annualised Franchises Like FIFA, NBA 2K, Call of Duty, etc.?

Do You Purchase Games From Annualised Franchises Like FIFA, NBA 2K, Call of Duty, etc?

Yes, every year 97 8.96%

Yes, but only every other year 64 5.91%

Yes, but only once or twice each generation 167 15.42%

Used to, but not any longer 250 23.08%

No, never 505 46.63%

Total:1,083

I tend to buy every Call of Duty, that ended with this release though.
Why? Single player.

I would happily go back on a rainy day and fire up an older game and complete the campaign.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network

Nope

The only sport I'm interested in is football, and I really only buy the games when the Jets are having a really good season. So, no.

Nope, really don't see the point in them, I mostly play single player games outside of a few exceptions such as Overwatch/Rocket League and those games do not come out every year, there's just one and addon's/updates for them both are free since the games have come out.

I guess if I was interested in football I could see the logic behind buying one of those games, but even then, last years versions of the games are about 1/10th the price they were last year, is it really worth an additional 60e to make sure that player X is on team Y when you're playing these games?

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

I just buy them on a "Whenever I feel like it" basis. The yearly franchise I probably buy the most is Pokemon, but even then, not every time (usually skip the deluxe versions). As for the others, I usually buy the newest one when it's been a while since the last one. Might get Black Ops 4, since I haven't gotten a COD game since Advanced Warfare. Last year I went for NBA 2k18. On a side note: Wow, MyCareer loves to just bleed your wallet dry. If you plan to pick up an NBA 2k game, I'd suggest staying far away from that mode.

I can't say I've ever been bothered about the existence of these yearly franchises. Sometimes I want all-new experiences, but other times I just want to play the stuff I know I'll enjoy, just with a different coat of paint or new features here and there.

Around the Network

I used to buy then got bored of the yearly entries and their franchises, so I stopped

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Yes if we count Assassin's Creed.

No. I don't think I've ever even bought a game out of an annualized franchised in it's relevant timeframe. I'm not interested in sports games or CoD and the only Assassins creed games I own I've bought several years after their initial release.
The clostest thing would be mainline Pokemon games, but since I tend to skip the remakes/enhanced versions at release and get them used later on, that's not really yearly either.

I do buy Pro Evolution Soccer (PES) every year since 2004. I also buy COD every year this generation. FIFA 18 every couple of years and eventually Battlefield whenever it is released.

Not really, it has a tendency to ring as watered down and corporate cookie-cutter to me, and I'm not really a fan of sports games unless they are more arcadey (The Bigs, Forza Horizon, Burnout, NFL/NFL Hitz, etc).

I was a regular buyer of the Guitar Hero and Tony Hawk series back in the day back when those were a thing, at least the first 4 or 5 games..

I've bought some of the COD games, but I pretty much limit it to Black Ops series, and the first couple MW games. I've played a bit of the AC franchise but mainly just 2 and 4 (because the pirate theme rules), though I might pick up Odyssey eventually as the Roman theme is pretty badass, being something of an Ancient Roman history buff.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden