By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony Boss: Fortnite On PlayStation 4 Is The Best Experience For Users

Am I in 2006 again?

Around the Network
TomaTito said:

It is going to be curious how Sony will handle Rocket League's cross-platform IDs. It will probably be just like Fortnite.

EricHiggin said:

I guess if your talking different platforms and not different experiences, which is mostly what those other platforms offer, isn't it?

If you want to be picky, the Switch can also be three different experiences and with no additional expense.

Also should keep in mind that the 4 systems which do not include the PS4 lists "smart phones" I mean, android and ios are two completely different OS's and devices, to say they are the same is like saying that ps4/X1 are the same.

On topic though... this is terrible PR statement, one of those times when he would have done better to just not say anything or just punch the reporter who asked the question then run away making zoidberg noises, anything would be better than saying this shite from a PR point of view imo. X1X offers a more powerful system, PC is more powerful, Switch offers more versatility and free (cheaper in the future) online access. In what way exactly is the ps4 the best way to play the game? I mean, even if you're talking about the ps4p you still have the x1x and pcs which mash it in terms of power.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

I don't care about crossplay and the only people I'm likely to play Fortnite with have a Switch already, so I'm set. Sony can do what it wants. But the account locking thing was very anti-consumer and the message I take away on that is that if you're ever dumb going to start pumping money into a game with this sort of model, don't do it on a Sony console. Also, don't link your account on anything to a Sony console. If Fortnite players want to send a message they should start new accounts on other platforms and let their Playstation accounts wither on the vine, but I guess Sony doesn't see that happening which is why they are doing a victory lap.

forevercloud3000 said:
PortisheadBiscuit said:
Defenders of Sony's asshole tactics on high alert today lolol

Thats just it, there is no asshole-ish tactic. This is literally Sony doing what the industry has had in place since forever and a loud/vocal minority trying to make a stink because they are not being catered to.

It is simply because some's platform of choice is at a great disadvantage this generation that we are even having this conversation. Que.....no one was this rabid about it when Sony had Crossplay with PC and MS didn't want it then.

I don't know if you're choosing to ignore a big part of this situation deliberately or not, but it's not ONLY about Sony not allowing cross-play. If they don't want to have cross-play then that's a decision they have every right to make, even if the 'reasons' they've given for it have been bullshit since we all know the real reason. (They think they'll sell more PS4's by refusing it). It's also every right of the consumer to voice their displeasure at said decision since cross-play can only be good for the future of games. 

The difference with Fortnite though is that this is Sony literally claiming that they now own people's accounts if they even logged onto a PS4 with it a single time. For a game that is not even theirs for crying out loud. If someone had an Epic account for a while, if they even logged into PS4 once Sony now wants to say that account is theirs and can no longer be used on things like Switch, Xbox, etc. At this point that's not just 'refusing cross-play', that's literally affecting other people's games and systems they choose to play on. Tons of people literally had to leave their older accounts that they had already put a lot of work into behind and restart because of it. 

If you don't think that's an "asshole-ish tactic" then I don't know what to tell you. 

It would hurt Sony to do crossplay. It is like asking them to give the PS4 out for free. I don't know why these delusional individuals think that you can just ask for things and they will be given.

Around the Network

So there will be no PS5/PS4 crossplay in the future for some gams because the PS4 will be inferior?

And why are they allowing PS4Pro/PS4 crossplay in Fortnite despite the PS4 being the inferior console?

Why have they advertized PS4/PS3 crossplay or PS4/Vita crossplay or PS3/Vita crossplay or PS4/PS3/Vita crossplay in so many games in the past despite the PS3 or the Vita being the inferior console?

deskpro2k3 said:
damnit, I wanted to slaughter all those android/IOS/switch users. Oh well~ /s

on a serious note, his explanation makes perfect sense. This is mostly the developers fault for not finding a parity for balance purposes. I don't understand the complainers at all.. it's like they want to break the game even further.

What are you blaming the devs for?

GribbleGrunger said:

If you need a PS4 to play your friends, you buy a PS4 to play your friends.

What was the argument back in the day when XB1 owners needed a reason to counter the higher resolutions on the PS4? Oh, yeah, I read it that many times I don't know how I forgot: 'All my friends play on the XB1 so that's why I bought it.' Mmmm ... why would they need an XB1 to play with their friends? I can't for the life of me think why.

This narrative is brought to you by your friendly neighbourhood MS. 'Because they're the good guys.'

Microsoft ARE the good guys here. They're not abducting people's Fortnite accounts.

In addition, one thing I really like about them is they're not locking otherwise-XBox exclusives to XBox. They put some of those games on PC so if you have a capable PC, you don't need to buy an XBox. I call this "giving people more options" and it's pretty f***ing great!

forevercloud3000 said:
I am so sick of having people trying to make XB1/Switch/PS4 crossplay happen, its not going to happen. These companies are competitors and for Sony to allow such a thing is to directly play into their competitor's hands. They want to take away the incentives that Sony offers that have people choosing it over the others in droves. Exclusivity has always been the name of the game in Video Games. It is the deciding factor of why you choose COD over Battlefield, XBox over Playstation, etc, etc. Exclusive features are what define them and userbase is one of the largest selling factors.

Do you know how many times people used "Well all my friends had a 360 so I got a 360" as a decider?

"Well it isn't Fair."
What isn't fair is trying to get one company to do work for their competition when they have continued to exclaim they don't want to.

"Sony is standing in the way of progress. It is important now because we have never been closer."
WHAT!? The only change in the game is the Switch, which arguably NEEDS to be crossplay because it is at the largest disadvantage with online userbase on the fact it just came out. All this is is a role reversal. Sony INVENTED crossplay back in PS3 era and extended the offer to xbox and got a firm denial. Because Microsoft knew what Sony knows now, its a selling point. Now that Xbox players are at this huge disadvantage on userbase and friend groups are separated in a different manner they want Sony to be the one to bend? Come on now. Back when it was PS360 if you had PS3 but all your friends had 360 and you wanted to play with them.....you got a damn 360. End of story.

People threatening boycotts also makes zero sense. Sony still has Crossplay with both PC and Phones.....of Which they completely eclipse What is possible with PC/Phone/XB1/Switch combined......thats how much of a lead Sony has. You would be leaving the largest circle just to make a point that is ridiculous from the start.

"They want to take away the incentives that Sony offers that have people choosing it over the others in droves."

>No one I know of is asking Sony to give away their exclusive games.

"Do you know how many times people used "Well all my friends had a 360 so I got a 360" as a decider?"

>What's the count so far?

"What isn't fair is trying to get one company to do work for their competition when they have continued to exclaim they don't want to."

>If you think that's unfair, get a load of this!:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1N-TTwYIJw

"Back when it was PS360 if you had PS3 but all your friends had 360 and you wanted to play with them.....you got a damn 360. End of story."

>I appreciate the history lesson but the year is 2018 now, not 2013. We're not in the PS360 era anymore but Sony certainly helps it feel that way sometimes.

"People threatening boycotts also makes zero sense."

>Some have reason to feel upset.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vqhSAyAcjo

They probably should've said because they're winning, that would've at least been understandable...

Some forum troll is head of Sony now? What the heck.

forevercloud3000 said:
Mr Puggsly said:
This argument is completely invalidated by having crossplay with mobile and PC devices.

Maybe he meant inferior Userbases. Both Phone and PC have far more potential in rivaling Sony there, hence they are worth taking the L with Crossplay. 

He said inferior experience, try again funny guy. But I'm sure you got a witty response about how great Fortnite is on a touch screen and going below 30 fps.

Sony is taking the anti consumer option. Which is fine, Sony is allowed to do that. Its funny when Sony is praised for it though.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)