By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony Boss: Fortnite On PlayStation 4 Is The Best Experience For Users

If he truly believed that he would let they play their friends so they would always win and feel superior, then brag to friends and those end up buying PS4 to not have the disadvantage.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

I don't want cross play ever either. Any title that has it like rocket league and fortnite with pc I switch it off. It is indeed an inferior experience for me compared to playing just ps4 players. I don't like it and don't want it.

KLAMarine said:
deskpro2k3 said:
damnit, I wanted to slaughter all those android/IOS/switch users. Oh well~ /s

on a serious note, his explanation makes perfect sense. This is mostly the developers fault for not finding a parity for balance purposes. I don't understand the complainers at all.. it's like they want to break the game even further.

What are you blaming the devs for?

I probably missed it but so far I haven't seen them stepping up to clarify anything. They're responsible for not just making the game but also making sure that there is balance for whenever they decide to make it maltiplat/crossplay.

Last edited by deskpro2k3 - on 01 September 2018

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Kerotan said:
I don't want cross play ever either. Any title that has it like rocket league and fortnite with pc I switch it off. It is indeed an inferior experience for me compared to playing just ps4 players. I don't like it and don't want it.

Yeah! I don't like something so no one should have it, even as an option! Excellent logic.

PortisheadBiscuit said:
Defenders of Sony's asshole tactics on high alert today lolol

That is just a reaction to the dog piling.

Baddman said:
Aeolus451 said:

It's a money move for them all but by Sony not giving in, they lose out. Players will just choose the console with the bigger player base for multiplatform online games and Sony has the better single player games.

you're right but this move has made me buy my niece a switch so she can play Fortnite and Minecraft with my kids as my kids have an Xbox and switch already and my niece only had a ps4 seems like now sony will lose out as I will only purchase v bucks for my niece on her switch account now as opposed to her ps4 account

But that won't stop you or others from buying games for a PS4.

Around the Network
EricHiggin said:
KLAMarine said:

Being able to access an account IS part of the experience and the PlayStation experience is hampered compared to the X1/Switch experience.

PS players can't access their accounts? Since when?

Ever since they bought a Switch.

deskpro2k3 said:
KLAMarine said:

What are you blaming the devs for?

I probably missed it but so far I haven't seen them stepping up to clarify anything. They're responsible for not just making the game but also making sure that there is balance for whenever they decide to make it maltiplat/crossplay.

I feel they've been clear enough.

Fight-the-Streets said:
Didn't read through the whole thread, so someone probably brought up the following point already: Just implement an option, those who want to have the superior PS4 server play only with PS4 players and those who want to play with those from other platforms too use the other option, it's as simple as that.

Giving players the option would be ideal. Good luck convincing Sony of it.

RavenXtra said:
Kerotan said:

Yeah! I don't like something so no one should have it, even as an option! Excellent logic.

It's just 1 little frogs opinion. I'm not Sony and I'm not enforcing it. Turns out Sony actually want pc Cross play. 

Personally I think if someone wants to play with us on ps4 they should buy a ps4. Sony clearly don't want xbox to get it because god knows how many people in friends circles bought a ps4 to play with their buddies who wouldn't otherwise. I've personally met so many on games like gta etc who said they used to be on xbox but switched because most of their friends are on ps4.

Edit:

You could say oh Sony should just allow all of us to populate xbox servers for them. Well I'd say MS should in return release their exclusives on psn. They want us to share our bigger player base. They should share their games in return. You're giving people a reason to not own a ps4 with this move so only fair you give people a reason to do the opposite. 

Never mind.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

twintail said:
Zkuq said:
This is a terrible excuse. Sony would have been better off staying silent than saying this.

Saying they think PS4 offers the best experience is not really saying anything on the matter.

There's pretty much no way this is the real reason. Instead of having the spine to tell the truth and say it's because the competition would benefit from this more than Sony, Sony comes up with an excuse that seemingly makes sense while trying to make PlayStation look better.