By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony Boss: Fortnite On PlayStation 4 Is The Best Experience For Users

And mobile is not an inferior experience? lmao.

Around the Network
jason1637 said:
forevercloud3000 said:
I am so sick of having people trying to make XB1/Switch/PS4 crossplay happen, its not going to happen. These companies are competitors and for Sony to allow such a thing is to directly play into their competitor's hands. They want to take away the incentives that Sony offers that have people choosing it over the others in droves. Exclusivity has always been the name of the game in Video Games. It is the deciding factor of why you choose COD over Battlefield, XBox over Playstation, etc, etc. Exclusive features are what define them and userbase is one of the largest selling factors.

Do you know how many times people used "Well all my friends had a 360 so I got a 360" as a decider?

"Well it isn't Fair."
What isn't fair is trying to get one company to do work for their competition when they have continued to exclaim they don't want to.

"Sony is standing in the way of progress. It is important now because we have never been closer."
WHAT!? The only change in the game is the Switch, which arguably NEEDS to be crossplay because it is at the largest disadvantage with online userbase on the fact it just came out. All this is is a role reversal. Sony INVENTED crossplay back in PS3 era and extended the offer to xbox and got a firm denial. Because Microsoft knew what Sony knows now, its a selling point. Now that Xbox players are at this huge disadvantage on userbase and friend groups are separated in a different manner they want Sony to be the one to bend? Come on now. Back when it was PS360 if you had PS3 but all your friends had 360 and you wanted to play with them.....you got a damn 360. End of story.

People threatening boycotts also makes zero sense. Sony still has Crossplay with both PC and Phones.....of Which they completely eclipse What is possible with PC/Phone/XB1/Switch combined......thats how much of a lead Sony has. You would be leaving the largest circle just to make a point that is ridiculous from the start.

I remember when the PS4 Pro was launching Sony was saying something about it helping them compete more with PCs. So by having crossplay with PC who they consider to be a competitor and not consoles doesn't make sense.

That could mean a lot of things. They could have meant compete more with power (IE not be so far behind in Mid to high grade specs). Yet ultimately, Phones and PC are considered very distinctive outliers in the gaming space. Their usage never seems to effect Console game success by any large margin. Those two platforms also do not have any one entity that owns or controls it's gaming space, at least in a way that conflicts with their own. Which is likely why Sony has no issue playing ball with those two platforms.

There are soooooo many potential issues that can/will arise with crossplay that no one has definitive answers on how to deal with. Namely, cheating.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Defenders of Sony's asshole tactics on high alert today lolol

PortisheadBiscuit said:
Defenders of Sony's asshole tactics on high alert today lolol

Thats just it, there is no asshole-ish tactic. This is literally Sony doing what the industry has had in place since forever and a loud/vocal minority trying to make a stink because they are not being catered to.

It is simply because some's platform of choice is at a great disadvantage this generation that we are even having this conversation. Que.....no one was this rabid about it when Sony had Crossplay with PC and MS didn't want it then.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

What a likable comment...

Around the Network

I don’t even know how this could objectively be true.

LudicrousSpeed said:

Seems arrogant Sony is back.

Liquid_faction said:
Finally a head of Sony has the balls to say something. It might not have been the right answer, but at least its better than "We'll look into it." The right answer would have been "Why would we help out other platforms by inflating their player base?" That's all that cross play will really do in the end.

lol, this isn't Metal Gear Survive or something, it's Fortnite. No platform it's been released on needs any help with its player base. It's like... literally the most popular game around. This excuse is as much nonsense now as it was when people drug it out for other games that need zero help in player base, like Minecraft, or Rocket League.

As if we needed any proof this is just steamy PR bullshit, you have the fact that they lock your account hostage if you ever log onto a PS system even just for a skin. This is about money, nothing more. #4theplayers lol.

More like "For the Player's money", heh

jason1637 said:

"Sony won't allow Fortnite players on PlayStation to play against their friends with other consoles – because those people are having inferior experiences.

The company might allow people to take part in cross-platform play on other titles, said the company's boss. But Fortnite on PlayStation will not get that privilege, he said.

And that's because the best experience is to play on PlayStation, he said. So allowing other people to play would be a compromis"

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/gaming/fortnite-playstation-sony-cross-platform-xbox-switch-cross-platform-play-a8516081.html?amp&utm_source=reddit.com&utm_source=reddit.com

This is just sad. Sony should just say because it's because of the money.

Oh, wow. "For the Players" LMAO

It is going to be curious how Sony will handle Rocket League's cross-platform IDs. It will probably be just like Fortnite.

EricHiggin said:
EricHiggin said: 

PSVR doesn't count?

KLAMarine said:

Seems more of an add-on than a platform.

I guess if your talking different platforms and not different experiences, which is mostly what those other platforms offer, isn't it?

If you want to be picky, the Switch can also be three different experiences and with no additional expense.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

we have the switch that runs it sub 30 fps last time i played it but its f2p.
than xbox runs it great but its not f2p you need gold to even be allowed to play it (defeating the entire f2p part).
ps does both it runs the game great and its f2p no ps+ needed.
so i will take ps over the other 2 any day.

as far as crossplay goes i dont want and dont need it. bunch of fanboys from any other platform screaming how your choice of platform is the worst. which is accompanied by the well known fanboy swearing