By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony Boss: Fortnite On PlayStation 4 Is The Best Experience For Users

Anyone else glad arrogant Sony is back?

Around the Network
John2290 said:
Thank you Sony for telling the truth, bad wording and you forgot to mention the platform that are superior like K&M players on beastly PC's but yes, Parity can not be achieved and it is unfair to the ps4 player base, the majority who don't complain about thing like this on the internet to play against someone on a bus not paying attention to the 360p displayed to them or a K&M player. We pay you for your closed service and I for one am thankful this won't bleed into the games I play online on my ps4.

You do realize that Sony DOES have crossplay with mobile and PC, right?

Ironically the platform that is on similar ground as PS4, is the one they black off.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Ka-pi96 said:
I hope they stand firm on their position. I don't want cross play on PS platforms, ever.

I'm with you buddy!    I hope they clamp down even harder!

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

😹 I very much like honest companies. Both Nintendo and MS didn't want crossplay with Sony in the previous gen so why should Sony care about it now? MS and Nintendo trying to pull a PR stunt with this crossplay stuff. They only want it so they don't have to compete against the size of Sony's player base.

Liquid_faction said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

lol, this isn't Metal Gear Survive or something, it's Fortnite. No platform it's been released on needs any help with its player base. It's like... literally the most popular game around. This excuse is as much nonsense now as it was when people drug it out for other games that need zero help in player base, like Minecraft, or Rocket League.

As if we needed any proof this is just steamy PR bullshit, you have the fact that they lock your account hostage if you ever log onto a PS system even just for a skin. This is about money, nothing more. #4theplayers lol.

Of course, Fortnite doesn't need any help in the playerbase area. But what happens when another game that is less popular than Fortnite comes around. Infinite Warfare (or was it Advanced Warfare) for the Windows Store version had so little players, that it had to issue refunds days after the game was bought. It could happen, especially since PSN is 2-3 times bigger than the other competition. Nintendo and Xbox want Crossplay because it benefits them, there is literally nothing for them to lose if they get Crossplay. Sony on the other hand, because of its current dominance in the market, has a lot more to lose. There is a group of 10 friends that want to play Fortnite, 4 of them want to get a PS4. If they all want to play together, the other 6 would have to buy a PS4. Now if Crossplay was implemented, the other 6 could buy a Switch or Xbone. That is six players that could potentially go to the Playstation ecosystem, but because Crossplay was available, go somewhere else.

Don't get me wrong, the whole locking down your account is stupid and I condemn that. It was a scummy move all around, but I'm also a realistically looking at Sony as a business. People seem to forget that these are businesses and they will do everything they can to get money. I don't have any imaginary expectations that Sony will treat their costumers like they are family. No business does that. Period. If all this outrage actually slowed down the sales of the PS4, then Crossplay might be implemented. But it seems like people just want to jump on the bandwagon and post their opinions online while also play and buy PS4 games. 

Yes that is what is happened, just say it. We want money we want our console to grow further. Nothign wrong with a business wanting that lol.

Saying experience of a game is a cheap cop out. Why would I as a gamer care if I am playing someone with an inferior version? If it gives me a competitive advantage than so be it.

Fuck this is no different to say Unreal tournament when it first come out. Most countries were still on dialup and on 500-800ms lag lol. When I was playing against someone on cable I had to predict here they be not where they were on screen. Did the cable guys complain about us dialup guys? fuck no it make it better for them to get easy kills to get higher on the leaderboard.

Around the Network
Liquid_faction said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

lol, this isn't Metal Gear Survive or something, it's Fortnite. No platform it's been released on needs any help with its player base. It's like... literally the most popular game around. This excuse is as much nonsense now as it was when people drug it out for other games that need zero help in player base, like Minecraft, or Rocket League.

As if we needed any proof this is just steamy PR bullshit, you have the fact that they lock your account hostage if you ever log onto a PS system even just for a skin. This is about money, nothing more. #4theplayers lol.

Of course, Fortnite doesn't need any help in the playerbase area. But what happens when another game that is less popular than Fortnite comes around. Infinite Warfare (or was it Advanced Warfare) for the Windows Store version had so little players, that it had to issue refunds days after the game was bought. It could happen, especially since PSN is 2-3 times bigger than the other competition. Nintendo and Xbox want Crossplay because it benefits them, there is literally nothing for them to lose if they get Crossplay. Sony on the other hand, because of its current dominance in the market, has a lot more to lose. There is a group of 10 friends that want to play Fortnite, 4 of them want to get a PS4. If they all want to play together, the other 6 would have to buy a PS4. Now if Crossplay was implemented, the other 6 could buy a Switch or Xbone. That is six players that could potentially go to the Playstation ecosystem, but because Crossplay was available, go somewhere else.

Don't get me wrong, the whole locking down your account is stupid and I condemn that. It was a scummy move all around, but I'm also a realistically looking at Sony as a business. People seem to forget that these are businesses and they will do everything they can to get money. I don't have any imaginary expectations that Sony will treat their costumers like they are family. No business does that. Period. If all this outrage actually slowed down the sales of the PS4, then Crossplay might be implemented. But it seems like people just want to jump on the bandwagon and post their opinions online while also play and buy PS4 games. 

Well said.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Intersting choice of words, and probably correct. not correct in the sense of objective truth, but in the persuasive sense. Looking around here several Sony fans love the comment, a few people are like "poo poo, Sony", but not like anyone is changing their buying habits, on this statement,and Sony just reminded you that PS4 is the "superior" "console.
I personally love the idea of crossplay and i fact this remimds me to look up how to enable it before I play again tonight.

Aeolus451 said:
😹 I very much like honest companies. Both Nintendo and MS didn't want crossplay with Sony in the previous gen so why should Sony care about it now? MS and Nintendo trying to pull a PR stunt with this crossplay stuff. They only want it so they don't have to compete against the size of Sony's player base.

not true there was a game on Wii u and ps4 that would've had crossplay but Sony blocked it https://nintendotoday.com/nintendo-on-cross-play-for-wii-u/

dragon quest x also has crossplay with all platforms but that's Japan only. Care to guess why they allow cross-play with 3ds, switch and Wii u  with DQx in Japan but not games in the west?

still funny seeing people acting like this isn't anything more than a money move for sony

Baddman said:
Aeolus451 said:

not true there was a game on Wii u and ps4 that would've had crossplay but Sony blocked it https://nintendotoday.com/nintendo-on-cross-play-for-wii-u/

dragon quest x also has crossplay with all platforms but that's Japan only. Care to guess why they allow cross-play with 3ds, switch and Wii u  with DQx in Japan but not games in the west?

still funny seeing people acting like this isn't anything more than a money move for sony

Yes, Nintendo have indeed allowed cross play since at least as far back as the Wii U/3DS, which is technically last gen for Nintendo.

https://nintendotoday.com/nintendo-on-cross-play-for-wii-u/

Liquid_faction said:
Finally a head of Sony has the balls to say something. It might not have been the right answer, but at least its better than "We'll look into it." The right answer would have been "Why would we help out other platforms by inflating their player base?" That's all that cross play will really do in the end.

The funny thing with Sony is they defend this to the end of the earth, yet all of their other products directly compete against the same ecosystem they are defending. I watched their IFA event yesterday and they were promoting Netflix, Hulu, Vudu, Amazon Video, and Google Play Movies and TV, but not single mention of PlayStation Vue or PlayStation Video.

I agree it is nice to see them take a stance, but it is definitely the wrong reason. Your absolutely right that their stance should be we are not going to open up our ecosystem to help the competition. It would just be nice if the in fighting would end, and they would all work towards the same goal, with this same mentality.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL