By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What exactly do you consider to be "SJW agenda" in games?

Does the inclusion of women in BFV bother you?

Yes 15 22.06%

No 53 77.94%

Total:68
ResidentToxy said:
Aeolus451 said:
Think of a list of things Anita or some other sjw wants to change or do in gaming to suit their politics. That's a sjw agenda.

If you were to label where I sit on the political sphere, it would be left. However, even I think that Anita is a fucking muppet. Creating generalisations does not make your point look good. Lumping people together without any nuance whatsoever is a silly practice that needs to go away. 

SJW is not a synonym for the entire left. It has a specific meaning. *shrugs Is Anita not a progressive and a feminist? The only difference is that she specifically focuses on video games which pisses off gamers who are both right leaning and left leaning. She's the run of the mill activist who's in it for the money. 

Around the Network
Aeolus451 said:
This is already explained by multiple users in the threads you're referring to. I doubt that you're interested in a discussion or the answers that anyone might give considering the way you framed this.

Like Feelco said, moral high ground is everything to these people.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

OdinHades said:
I really don't care. If some people decide to make a game, they have the right to do whatever the hell they want in my book. I will just decide if I like it or not. That is all. If I was so keen on having a game with any political agenda, I would just make it myself. But generally, I am in favor of artistical freedom. Whether or not an artist is driven by political motives doesn't matter. He can do whatever the hell he likes in his work as far as I'm concerned. So bring on WW2 games with transgender soldiers. I probably won't buy it, but I won't cry about it either.

But that's just me, what the hell do I know.

Your right. No body is denying their freedom to make such a game. But when said game performs bad and they start saying its because your a nazi that hates women, basically saying what ever reason you give to not buy this game is invalid just throw insults at you, then it becomes a problem.

I think that if they decide to make such a game is  fine, but they have to accept the repercussions . If they dont appeal to the majority its on them. Cuz thats the thing, cheese companies really believe that the vocal minority is really the bulk of their consumers. The same mistake Marvel comics did. They have to know that its a much smaller fanbase the one they are pandering to. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

If something is a deliberate departure of norms, accompanied by social shaming of those that disagree (as racists, sexists, homophobes) then it's usually SJW.

What really bothers me is that gaming is becoming more and more political. Few years ago no one would give a flying duck about that. Nowadays everything is offensive and overanalyzed to death. Honestly, who cares?! Can't people just enjoys their games? 

In case of BFV I'm more curious about the gameplay and microtransactions than anything else. Personally I enjoyed BF1 very much and I'm pretty sure this iteration will be at least as good. Well selling BO3.5 DLC $60 rehash edition is what gamers should be really worried about, and not about something which is completely irrelevant.

Around the Network

Some people claim this is just to make more money with an extended player-base, but how do you explain the woke2broke syndrome?

Well if many of the people complaining about women in BFV just don't want to play as a woman...so what? I don't care who or what I play as, but some people do. Maybe because its what they are used to or maybe they can relate more with a male protagonist? Why are people so mad at them all of a sudden? The response to them used to be "Well then youre gonna miss out on a lot of great games." Now its "You hateful, evil piece of woman hating shit!" What changed?

Last edited by KLXVER - on 26 August 2018

Aeolus451 said:
ResidentToxy said:

If you were to label where I sit on the political sphere, it would be left. However, even I think that Anita is a fucking muppet. Creating generalisations does not make your point look good. Lumping people together without any nuance whatsoever is a silly practice that needs to go away. 

SJW is not a synonym for the entire left. It has a specific meaning. *shrugs Is Anita not a progressive and a feminist? The only difference is that she specifically focuses on video games which pisses off gamers who are both right leaning and left leaning. She's the run of the mill activist who's in it for the money. 

My bad. I have encountered people that just lump the Left as all being SJW. That being said, SJW shouldn't be a derogatory term. Actual social justice is worth fighting for. However, looking for issues where there are none (insert Anita Sarkeesian and other delusional online figures) is not social justice, it is stupidity.

Ka-pi96 said:
Unrealistic diversity is the most obvious example. Like a cast with diverse ethnicities etc in a game set during modern times makes perfect sense, but something historical being changed to fit some "quota" is just ridiculous. A good example is when people bitched about there not being black people in Kingdom Come: Deliverance. Yeah, because black people were so common in medieval Bohemia...

Instead of bitching maybe those people should make a game set in medieval Africa instead. Then it could be all black people, and you know what I'd actually be interested in such a game. I enjoy historical games, especially if they're set in a region/time period I don't know much about so that would be a pretty cool idea for a game. And hey, I'd be happy if there weren't any white people in it too, since you simply wouldn't find white people in (sub-saharan) medieval Africa anyway so it would be as it should be.

I remember when Resident Evil was set in Africa. So many complaining about the zombies only being black people and that it's racist for white cis heterosexual muscular Chris Redfield only killing black people, EVEN WHEN IT MAKES TOTAL SENSE. So Capcom had to include white zombies in RE5 while you won't ever encounter so many white people in Africa. That's exactly what's going on right now too. For the sake of not offending people, now in particular SJWs, LGTBs and feminists, they include people with different skins, sex and sexual orientations even when it doesn't make any sense or when it doesn't represent the director's view of the game. 

No, you won't ever get your medieval game set in Africa with solely black people. Not now when everybody's offended by everything. 

HintHRO said:

I remember when Resident Evil was set in Africa. So many complaining about the zombies only being black people and that it's racist for white cis heterosexual muscular Chris Redfield only killing black people, EVEN WHEN IT MAKES TOTAL SENSE.

True, some people tried to play the racism card.

HintHRO said:

So Capcom had to include white zombies in RE5 while you won't ever encounter so many white people in Africa.

Not true as far as I remember. Do you have some screenshots of the white zombies they inserted after the critizism?