By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will the BF5 Failure Slow The Tide of SJW Agendas in Gaming?

Will BF5 Fiasco scare other companies from pushing agendas in games?

yes 29 42.03%

no 40 57.97%

Total:69
EnricoPallazzo said:
No. Because it is alnost like a religion. They are fanactics and close minded to reason. Which is funny because usually they are also against religion.
Anyway, the trend will go on for wla while. It will take a few more failures for the companies to wake up and not "woke up". The impact on sales from sjw media is much lower than the impact from straying away from your playerbase. Kingdom Come Deliverance is an exampke. Excelente sales despite the nonsense sjw crazyness.
As for myself, I will play BFV only after a very good bundle deal with dlcs and unfortunately TLOF2 is going the same way.

I’m sure you didn’t play TLOU either because Ellie was kissing a girl in the first game already.

Around the Network
LGBTDBZBBQ said:
DialgaMarine said:

I still fail to see how TLoU 2 is “SJW propaganda”. It’s 2 chicks that made out. Big whoop. It’s not trying to take a historical event and rewrite to be more “gender inclusive”, or toning down any form of humor or violence to avoid offending anyone who isn’t a straight white male. In fact, the whole thing looks quite brutal. Even if someone is “offended” by two girls making out, I don’t see how that somehow detracts from the fact that everything else about the game looks great. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MCm0fYYTp8

Sony 1st party studios = SJW studios

I was going, to post robingaming video abt ND agenda, Even ND employees has said similar things along the lines of EA Patrick calling out gamers as sexist. hope this incident is noticed by ND and don't run their mouths, especially Neil, there were some reports that neil was unhappy that Kratos had a son and not daughter. Thank God he is not the head of SSM or else we wouldn't have gotten God of war

flashfire926 said: 

"Again, people are misunderstanding what the issue is."

Let's examine this:

"No one has a problem with a woman being on the front cover.Or being playable in the game."

Contrasted with

"The woman in the first trailer was slightly questionable, but was given a pass by many (including me)."

Contrasted with

"Yes, we all know Battlefield was never THAT realistic, so whatever."

Contrasted with

"If those comments never occurred I (along with many others) would've probably given it a pass."

You keep switching from selective wording to all-inclusive wording. So is it everyone, or no one, or some people, or no people? If you admit that a certain amount of people do view the problem as the inclusion of women, then how could you possibly state definitively that people "just don't get it, man!" From what I've seen, the notion that women shouldn't be in the game at all is as popular as the "it just needs to be more historically accurate, mannn!" notion (which is probably just made up mostly of people who didn't want to see women in the game anyways).

Seriously, when you have to start making excuses because you know that admitting a large portion of the backlash is coming from people who are unreasonable, you should really think about what you're fighting against in the first place. It reminds me of something someone (can't remember who) said about Charlottesville.  (Paraphrasing) "I don't care if you were protesting taxes, if you are willing to march with white supremacists just to get a 'reasonable' goal done you should rethink your strategy."  I would never say that in regards to something as silly as a video game protest, but at least have some introspection. 

"Calling people "uneducated" and "sexist" for not believing that women were in the front lines of british forces having prosthetic arms and blue face paint and wielding cricket bats. "

By the way this is either A ) A straight up lie B ) A misinterpretation or C )  A cocky clever way to show the huge contrast between claims of lack of education while simultaneously showing off unrealistic things. But even C, which would be quite clever, isn't effective ... because it's addressed in the very statement you are talking about. 

""These are people who are uneducated—they don't understand that this is a plausible scenario, and listen: this is a game," he added."

You could make a case that the comment is pretty stupid because it isn't very substantive, but I think when he said people are "uneducated" he is clearly not talking about prosthetic arms. He even caps it off by punctuating that it's just a game, so even calling out the contrast doesn't work well. 

Sad thing is, the comments given by the developers and EA are just as dumb as what the fanbase have stated. Really, there is no defending a company as shitty as EA or a developer as lolbad as DICE. But if gamers won't be standing for the stupidity of these companies, they should at least call out the stupidity in their own echo chamber. 

Ka-pi96 said:
Shadow1980 said:

Yeah. That'll teach companies to not put in a protag that isn't a white hetero cis male.

In all seriousness, I cannot understand the mental process going on when someone looks at a trailer for an action game, sees a woman as a protagonist (at least where they feel one should not be), and has an absolute total freak out and expresses a deep-seated "need" to bitch about it on the internet and threaten (or actually go through with) a boycott. So Battlefield V won't be a total sausage-fest. So what? "It's not realistic?" Again, so what? It's a video game. You fucking play it. Y'know, to have fun. You can't have fun because your WW2 shooter has a woman? Why? What's your malfunction? Video games are only superficially realistic, and they have to be because they wouldn't be fun. If we really wanted it to be realistic, why not ensure every bit of tech is absolutely period accurate to the day and functions exactly as it did in real life (including all the jams, breaks, limited ammo, no half-mag reloads, etc. And while we're at it, why not have realistic injuries and permadeath as features to really ramp up the tension of potentially getting mowed down by MG42 fire two seconds after the boat ramps come down on Normandy? Maybe disease and hours of marching and non-combat activities to give it that added touch of authenticity.

But I honestly doubt that "realism" was the driving force of the complaints. 18 years ago EA put a woman front and center in a WW2 game:

And we didn't hear a fucking peep. Then again, this was before social media, before the onslaught of manchildren that was Gamergate, before every wingnut on the internet decided to openly and loudly scream "ESS JAY DOUBLE-U!" at everything that offended their warped and fragile sensibilities. I've read the comments on Youtube and elsewhere in the months since the reveal. The whole "muh historical accuracy" is a smokescreen. And the whole "Well, that EA rep said such and such" thing, well, he wouldn't have said anything had the usual suspects kept their traps shut and not had a rage fit. Honestly, I wish everybody left, right, and center would learn to just shut the hell up and learn to enjoy a game, movie, etc., based on its quality. Is the gameplay and story good? Then shut up and play it. Seriously, it's shit like this that makes me wish the internet wasn't a thing.

That's a really poor argument. You may not care about historical accuracy in games, but not everybody is you! There are plenty of people that do enjoy historically accurate settings in their games. So maybe stop with the ignorance and accept that different people value different things in games and just because it's not something you care about doesn't make their complaints illegitimate.

These folks who care so much for historical accuracy sure pitched a fit when Mafia III showed an uber-racist USA in that era. At that point historical accuracy wasn’t so important. Hmm...?

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

Ka-pi96 said:
FentonCrackshell said:

These folks who care so much for historical accuracy sure pitched a fit when Mafia III showed an uber-racist USA in that era. At that point historical accuracy wasn’t so important. Hmm...?

I know nothing about Mafia III so don't even know what you're referring to. But regardless of whether people complained about it's accuracy or not that doesn't change the fact that some people do care about historical accuracy and it is a legitimate complaint.

You’re correct that people do care about historical accuracy. As long as it supports the history they want to tell. The history they’re comfortable with. 

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

Around the Network

People take their toys way too seriously these days.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
flashfire926 said: 

Let's examine this:

"No one has a problem with a woman being on the front cover.Or being playable in the game."

Contrasted with

"The woman in the first trailer was slightly questionable, but was given a pass by many (including me)."

Contrasted with

Contrasted with

"If those comments never occurred I (along with many others) would've probably given it a pass."

You keep switching from selective wording to all-inclusive wording. So is it everyone, or no one, or some people, or no people? If you admit that a certain amount of people do view the problem as the inclusion of women, then how could you possibly state definitively that people "just don't get it, man!" From what I've seen, the notion that women shouldn't be in the game at all is as popular as the "it just needs to be more historically accurate, mannn!" notion (which is probably just made up mostly of people who didn't want to see women in the game anyways).

Seriously, when you have to start making excuses because you know that admitting a large portion of the backlash is coming from people who are unreasonable, you should really think about what you're fighting against in the first place. It reminds me of something someone (can't remember who) said about Charlottesville.  (Paraphrasing) "I don't care if you were protesting taxes, if you are willing to march with white supremacists just to get a 'reasonable' goal done you should rethink your strategy."  I would never say that in regards to something as silly as a video game protest, but at least have some introspection. 

"Calling people "uneducated" and "sexist" for not believing that women were in the front lines of british forces having prosthetic arms and blue face paint and wielding cricket bats. "

By the way this is either A ) A straight up lie B ) A misinterpretation or C )  A cocky clever way to show the huge contrast between claims of lack of education while simultaneously showing off unrealistic things. But even C, which would be quite clever, isn't effective ... because it's addressed in the very statement you are talking about. 

""These are people who are uneducated—they don't understand that this is a plausible scenario, and listen: this is a game," he added."

You could make a case that the comment is pretty stupid because it isn't very substantive, but I think when he said people are "uneducated" he is clearly not talking about prosthetic arms. He even caps it off by punctuating that it's just a game, so even calling out the contrast doesn't work well. 

Sad thing is, the comments given by the developers and EA are just as dumb as what the fanbase have stated. Really, there is no defending a company as shitty as EA or a developer as lolbad as DICE. But if gamers won't be standing for the stupidity of these companies, they should at least call out the stupidity in their own echo chamber. 

So you are defending EA comment about "being uneducated and sexist" as a mere misinterpretation, and yet you went on to break down his comment and misinterpret it to make a point, hmmm irony or contradiction. 

Hmmm lets contradict some more. So anybody with a knowledge of history will easily point toward women in WW2 with Prosthetic arm went home there weren't many on the front line to begin with, besides Russian snipers and medic duty, Secondly there is difference between having an authentic WW2 experience and expecting a realistic potrayle of WW2, for example everybody knows car handling in GT is not 1:1 of their real life counter part, but if it starts to handle like NFS thats a problem.  Third point many people who are labeling this as something against women are conveniently omitting the fact people also complained about a dude weilding Katana, but we have to ignore it coz its a dude, and doesn't suit the agenda of calling people sexist.

If nothing else, it'll definitely have EA questioning whether or not it should attack its fans.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

taus90 said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Let's examine this:

Contrasted with

Contrasted with

Contrasted with

So you are defending EA comment about "being uneducated and sexist" as a mere misinterpretation, and yet you went on to break down his comment and misinterpret it to make a point, hmmm irony or contradiction. 

Hmmm lets contradict some more. So anybody with a knowledge of history will easily point toward women in WW2 with Prosthetic arm went home there weren't many on the front line to begin with, besides Russian snipers and medic duty, Secondly there is difference between having an authentic WW2 experience and expecting a realistic potrayle of WW2, for example everybody knows car handling in GT is not 1:1 of their real life counter part, but if it starts to handle like NFS thats a problem.  Third point many people who are labeling this as something against women are conveniently omitting the fact people also complained about a dude weilding Katana, but we have to ignore it coz its a dude, and doesn't suit the agenda of calling people sexist.

"Sad thing is, the comments given by the developers and EA are just as dumb as what the fanbase have stated. Really, there is no defending a company as shitty as EA or a developer as lolbad as DICE."

Literally the next line my guy! 

And what flashfire is criticizing IS a misrepresentation because the developer was not talking about prosthetic limbs and cricket bats. However, the comment the developer made was dumb (just from the simple fact that it is technically wrong in regard to what they've shown), as I said "You could make a case that the comment is pretty stupid because it isn't very substantive". 

Nothing in your comment is substantive because it either doesn't apply or is literally addressed in my comment. I am fully aware there are completely different sides that just happen to fall under the anti-EA flag. In fact, I say it in the comment! Wow! 

Ka-pi96 said:
FentonCrackshell said:

I know nothing about Mafia III so don't even know what you're referring to. But regardless of whether people complained about it's accuracy or not that doesn't change the fact that some people do care about historical accuracy and it is a legitimate complaint.

I dont understand what he is trying to say.. USA wasn't racist back then?? Also there is a difference between expecting historical accurate WW2 and authentic WW2 experience, which BF1 managed to deliver, an authentic WW1 experience, but it wasn't historically accurate. So nobody expected Accurate portrayal of WW2 but an authentic WW2 experience.