By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will the BF5 Failure Slow The Tide of SJW Agendas in Gaming?

Will BF5 Fiasco scare other companies from pushing agendas in games?

yes 29 42.03%

no 40 57.97%

Total:69
Shiken said:

I feel like if it under performs, it has more to do with EA's response and poor PR than the diversity itself.

For developers to stop pushing agendas as a whole, we would not only need BFV for fail, but also TLoU2, Horizon 2 (first had some obvious SJW themes in it, as fantaic as the game was), Gears 4, etc would have to fail as well.

I am not saying these games should or will fail, I am simply saying that is what would have to happen. One game would do little in the grand scheme of things.

Jesus. Why not have the entire gaming industry crash and burn? That'll show those SJWs!

Last edited by Moren - on 24 August 2018

Around the Network
DialgaMarine said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
It depends on how well TLOU2 will sell. One more lesbian kiss and that might just be the breaking point.

I still fail to see how TLoU 2 is “SJW propaganda”. It’s 2 chicks that made out. Big whoop. It’s not trying to take a historical event and rewrite to be more “gender inclusive”, or toning down any form of humor or violence to avoid offending anyone who isn’t a straight white male. In fact, the whole thing looks quite brutal. Even if someone is “offended” by two girls making out, I don’t see how that somehow detracts from the fact that everything else about the game looks great. 

That's just it though. Much of the controversies surrounding "SJW Propoganda" doesn't actually have anything to do with SJWs. Inclusiveness is not an idea that is mutually exclusive with SJWs or the far left. 

SJW in gaming is bad there should be any gore or sexual freedoms its a damn game thats why rating systems exist
being liberal is good it means progress to allowing minorities to have an equal chance and other positive things such as not letting those who hit rock bottom to starve to death or their kids to die of a fever do to not being able to afford health care
BFV is not failing so wth? It looks amazing! not perfect but still better than fortnite and that new COD abomination also better than destiny
I am not a woman or handicap hater so why would i not buy the game? if racist misogynists are so angry at a trailer leading to them not playing is only see that as a win :D

seeing you love doom so much, how can you be happy conservatives try and blame doom for children becoming satanists and mass shooters?

wow do lesbians make your blood boil?

Around the Network

So, what's the controversy here? It's a video game, not a documentary. Battlefield is already nowhere near being an accurate simulation of war, so who cares about the inclusion of women as playable characters? 

Seriously, conservative snowflakes get triggered so easily.

P.S.: Women did, in fact, fight in the war. 

While i do agree that battlefield V does seems like SJW pandering. I do think some are going overboard and trying to attack certain works that have their own original characters and don't try to change history/existing characters. One example would be the A Hat in time dlc where the developers added a black character in the game. there were some people calling it SJW pandering when it's clearly not. the other example is the Last of us 2 where people got mad over two girls kissing. Ellie was already an established gay character so i don't understand the fuss. In some cases it seems to me people hate something just because it's reprensenting a group that those people don't like. so they yell SJW! to try to disguise their hate towards that group.

morenoingrato said:
Shiken said:

I feel like if it under performs, it has more to do with EA's response and poor PR than the diversity itself.

For developers to stop pushing agendas as a whole, we would not only need BFV for fail, but also TLoU2, Horizon 2 (first had some obvious SJW themes in it, as fantaic as the game was), Gears 4, etc would have to fail as well.

I am not saying these games should or will fail, I am simply saying that is what would have to happen. One game would do little in the grand scheme of things.

Jesus. Why not have the entire gaming industry crash and burn? That'll show those SJWs!

Why would I do that?  I do not get triggered by SJW nor do I get triggered by the things they fight against.  I just want to play good games.

I was just simply saying what it would actually take to stop the political agendas being pushed in games.  The only other option is to just play games and hope the fad dies on its own.  At the end of the day, all the crying and moaning will not change a thing.  Where one game fails, another pushing a similar agenda will succeed and the cycle will continue.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

xbebop said:

So, what's the controversy here? It's a video game, not a documentary. Battlefield is already nowhere near being an accurate simulation of war, so who cares about the inclusion of women as playable characters? 

Seriously, conservative snowflakes get triggered so easily.

P.S.: Women did, in fact, fight in the war. 

That's part of what I find so funny. A lot of people who are trying to make it look like this isn't about women or "SJWs" say something along the lines of "Ohhh if they put it on the eastern front it would be accurate and no one would care!"

yes, the hundreds of thousands of people who are fighting against DICE are totally historians who wouldn't care if the genders were relegated to a few maps /s

Doesn’t really matter one way or another, whenever there’s a main character who’s not as heavily white male as Marcus Fenix and Nathan Drake there will be backlash. There was no agenda behind Lost Legacy and there was still heavy backlash. Also, it’s funny to see the whole SJW thing become a topic time and time again from the people who hate the SJW thing. I’m a black male and have been playing as a white guy for decades and have taken no issue with it. But the moment one of these guys have to play as a minority (race or gender) these topics start popping up. Hell, I still can’t get over the fact that some people skipped/disliked Horizon: Zero Dawn because they weren’t allowed to play as a male character. Most of these people can play as a mutant lizard or any form of alien creature and be fine with it. But the moment their main character is a black/female human they throw a tantrum because it’s “unrealistic”.

Last edited by FentonCrackshell - on 25 August 2018

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!