By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will the BF5 Failure Slow The Tide of SJW Agendas in Gaming?

Will BF5 Fiasco scare other companies from pushing agendas in games?

yes 29 42.03%

no 40 57.97%

Total:69

Do you think that the recent BF5 pre order disaster will make a difference, and perhaps scare other companies away from injecting SJW agendas in to their games? 

I think gamers made a clear and strong statement that they dont want diversity agendas in their games and hitting these companies in their wallets is going to send a message. Will it make a difference long term? IDK. But in the short-mid term I think it will.

Around the Network

It depends on how well TLOU2 will sell. One more lesbian kiss and that might just be the breaking point.

If people don't like something they speak with their wallets. Regardless of if there's an agenda for this or that. Money talks no matter what side people are on. So we'll see. This games sales will only determine the fate of Battlefield as awhole, it wont effect the industry very much overall.

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
It depends on how well TLOU2 will sell. One more lesbian kiss and that might just be the breaking point.

I think that will do fine. However I doubt a game with a gay male protagonist would do well, as I could see that significantly effecting sales. That will probably be a future battle in the industry though.

If BF5 under performs (I don't think it will fail) it would be for a lot of other reasons than tEA and Dice pushing a political agenda.

The first and foremost reason would be battlefront 2 and the bad rep and stigma EA and Dice earned from that. No matter what Dice did with BF5 there would be some gamers who would never buy it or buy it at launch due to the microtransactions policies. EA has been pushing a lot of shit on consumers with their past few games and their rep hasn't been good lately. Battlefront 2 under performed and that lack of trust is hurting bf5. Heck I'm interested in the game but no way will I buy it at launch it near launch because I am worried about the games dlc policy.

There is also the face that this holiday season is very competitive with massive games. CoD, Red Dead, Fallout, Smash and Pokémon. Usually in a year when a BF game releases just one, or maybe two game outsell it. But there is a list of maybe 5 games that will most likely outsell it. Every holiday is competitive, but this year it's just a tad more so and it might hurt BF more.

Then there is also the reaction of EA to the controversy where they flat out started insulting anyone who didn't agree with them. Battlefield has been a marketing and PR nightmare.

Forgetting the controversy, the reveal trailer blowed ass. It was no where near the awesomeness of the bf1 trailer. And that certainly hurt the games appeal

Around the Network

If Battlefield V ends up a failure it is because of more than their silly little virtue-signaling. People have a general disdain for EA right now, and Battlefront 2 and microtransactions are still fresh in peoples mind. It's going to take more than one game for any apparent agenda to be abandoned.

Doubt it. Developers will just label anyone, who doesn’t blindly throw money at them, as bigots and then try even harder.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

AngryLittleAlchemist said:

I still fail to see how TLoU 2 is “SJW propaganda”. It’s 2 chicks that made out. Big whoop. It’s not trying to take a historical event and rewrite to be more “gender inclusive”, or toning down any form of humor or violence to avoid offending anyone who isn’t a straight white male. In fact, the whole thing looks quite brutal. Even if someone is “offended” by two girls making out, I don’t see how that somehow detracts from the fact that everything else about the game looks great. 

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

bananaking21 said:
If BF5 under performs (I don't think it will fail) it would be for a lot of other reasons than tEA and Dice pushing a political agenda.

The first and foremost reason would be battlefront 2 and the bad rep and stigma EA and Dice earned from that. No matter what Dice did with BF5 there would be some gamers who would never buy it or buy it at launch due to the microtransactions policies. EA has been pushing a lot of shit on consumers with their past few games and their rep hasn't been good lately. Battlefront 2 under performed and that lack of trust is hurting bf5. Heck I'm interested in the game but no way will I buy it at launch it near launch because I am worried about the games dlc policy.

There is also the face that this holiday season is very competitive with massive games. CoD, Red Dead, Fallout, Smash and Pokémon. Usually in a year when a BF game releases just one, or maybe two game outsell it. But there is a list of maybe 5 games that will most likely outsell it. Every holiday is competitive, but this year it's just a tad more so and it might hurt BF more.

Then there is also the reaction of EA to the controversy where they flat out started insulting anyone who didn't agree with them. Battlefield has been a marketing and PR nightmare.

Forgetting the controversy, the reveal trailer blowed ass. It was no where near the awesomeness of the bf1 trailer. And that certainly hurt the games appeal

This.

Also, if including male and female characters is the thing preventing people from buying this game - I feel very sorry for the fragile minds of those freaking out over such a trivial thing.
The main reason this game should bomb is because it is an EA game. EA has been exploiting its userbase and screwing up successful IP. Plus all of the studio closures that have occurred because of EA. 
EA is a prime example of a bad business. Not all businesses are inherently corrupt - EA definitely is.

I feel like if it under performs, it has more to do with EA's response and poor PR than the diversity itself.

For developers to stop pushing agendas as a whole, we would not only need BFV for fail, but also TLoU2, Horizon 2 (first had some obvious SJW themes in it, as fantaic as the game was), Gears 5, etc would have to fail as well.

I am not saying these games should or will fail, I am simply saying that is what would have to happen. One game would do little in the grand scheme of things.

Last edited by Shiken - on 24 August 2018

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261