By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Are genital preferences transphobic?

the-pi-guy said:
o_O.Q said:

my pronouns are rex and rey... i hope that to be consistent you'll refer to me as rex right?

Yep, rex.  

Nearly everyone has preferences about what to be called.  Try calling your coworkers Harris.  See how many get upset that you aren't referring to them, the way they want to be referred as.  

i wasn't talking to you, i was talking to alara and i've changed my mind, i now want to be referred to as king

Around the Network
Jaicee said:
Pemalite said:

LGBT was the term most frequently thrown around even in the early 90's.
I stands for Intersex.

It's become habit for me to list the extra's, but certainly not required.

I'm pretty sure I remember the T coming into the mainstream around the turn of the century.

Anyway, that makes sense on the I. Okay.

I was using the term in school, in the 90's. - And there is even evidence it was being used in the 80's.

LGBTQ was also in use in the 90's

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

the-pi-guy said:
o_O.Q said:

i wasn't talking to you, i was talking to alara and i've changed my mind, i now want to be referred to as king.

Sorry for interrupting your private conversation.  

Sounds good, king.  

Desertghost said:

But every person is born in one of two groups one group has chromosomes XX and the other has chromosomes XY. This difference in genetics affects their physical appearance, their muscles, and ability to procreate. Would you not want to define that somehow?

Actually, some people are born into other categories such as XXX, XXY, XXXY, and XXXX.  Of course, these are extremely rare, they still happen.  The most common is XXY, with somewhere in the range of 3.5 to 7 million people on the planet.  At that scale, thats hugely significant.  

Additionally, some people born into XX are born with hormonal irregularities that cause them to have a penis, and similarly for some people born into XY to not have a penis.  

"Sorry for interrupting your private conversation. "

it wasn't a private conversation, i'm just saying that i'm wondering if alara was going to be consistent or not

"Sounds good, king.  "

thank you so much for validating my identity, if you did not i would have been hurt

Preference =/= fear. That's literally not how it works.

*My signature from 2011 which I'm too lazy to change*

Currently awaiting the arrivals of:
Kid Icarus Uprising
Resident Evil: Revelations
Tekken 3D: Prime Edition
Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D
Beyond the Labyrinth
Heroes of Ruin
Luigi's Mansion 2

Pemalite said:

I was using the term in school, in the 90's. - And there is even evidence it was being used in the 80's.

LGBTQ was also in use in the 90's

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT

That's certainly interesting! I definitely don't remember that. Of course, I also had only limited access to the scene back in middle and high school, so I figure it's possible I missed a lot.

Around the Network
Jaicee said:
Pemalite said:

LGBT was the term most frequently thrown around even in the early 90's.
I stands for Intersex.

It's become habit for me to list the extra's, but certainly not required.

I'm pretty sure I remember the T coming into the mainstream around the turn of the century.

I always wondered how the T got in before the I. You know, Intersex people have always been a thing. Intersex people really fall between the two sexes physically, while Transgenders only do so mentally.

Shaqazooloo0 said:
This isn't an actual question right?
I mean basically these people would be saying that non-bisexuals are bigots and wrong...

Exactly. 

WolfpackN64 said:
Jaicee said:

I always wondered how the T got in before the I. You know, Intersex people have always been a thing. Intersex people really fall between the two sexes physically, while Transgenders only do so mentally.

Despite intersex/chimera always being a thing, it didn't gain the scientific understanding until relatively recently, societal acceptance of course then lags behind that.

A podcast that I listen to said it better than I can even attempt to... but I'll try.

There are people who were historically downtrodden. Maybe they were minorities. Maybe they were geeks. Maybe they were homosexual. You sympathize with those people. You want them to have equality. When they get that equality, you realize that they were assholes just like everybody else.

Last edited by d21lewis - on 27 August 2018

Ka-pi96 said:
Pemalite said:

Despite intersex/chimera always being a thing, it didn't gain the scientific understanding until relatively recently, societal acceptance of course then lags behind that.

huh? As in more than 1 species?

As in more than 1 reproductive organ.

d21lewis said:
A podcast that I listen to said it better than I can even attempt to... but I'll try.

There are people who were historically downtrodden. Maybe they were minorities. Maybe they were geeks. Maybe they were homosexual. You sympathize with those people. You want them to have equally. When they get that equally, you realize that they were assholes just like everybody else.

What about Equity?