By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Are genital preferences transphobic?

Absolutely not. This sort of logic makes it hard to support this kind of movement.

Around the Network
Jaicee said:
setsunatenshi said:

Is it only me who finds it strange that you referred to penises as "male" penises. Are there other kinds of penises? If so, are those less disgusting than the male ones? :D

Well technically our species also includes unisex people who are born with a mixture of male and female body parts. However, they are 1% of the population and not the same thing (usually) as transgender people.

You're right though: that the penis is a male part is something that shouldn't require clarification, I don't think.

setsunatenshi said:

I think that's quite a stretch there on the female penises :D

but you really find them gross? really? it's just skin and flesh like any other part of the body lol

To me, that's like saying that a gun is just a hunk of metal. Like a gun, a penis is designed to serve a certain kind of purpose. If one (as me) doesn't like that purpose, she may find it repugnant.

1 out of 100 people are born with female and male organs? that seems a bit of an overestimation no?

repugnant is a really strange word, it seems a bit weird that anyone would actually feel repulsion for something like a penis. i'm not talking about the act of doing anything sexual with it, just the fact of it existing or even seeing it. sorry to say but it seems a bit of overcompensating and going too far on it. could it be a case of the lady doth protesteth too much? lol

the other purpose is to urinate, pretty sure women do the same if I recall my biology lessons :D

This can't be a serious question.

Absolutely not.

setsunatenshi said:
Jaicee said:

Well technically our species also includes unisex people who are born with a mixture of male and female body parts. However, they are 1% of the population and not the same thing (usually) as transgender people.

You're right though: that the penis is a male part is something that shouldn't require clarification, I don't think.

To me, that's like saying that a gun is just a hunk of metal. Like a gun, a penis is designed to serve a certain kind of purpose. If one (as me) doesn't like that purpose, she may find it repugnant.

1 out of 100 people are born with female and male organs? that seems a bit of an overestimation no?

repugnant is a really strange word, it seems a bit weird that anyone would actually feel repulsion for something like a penis. i'm not talking about the act of doing anything sexual with it, just the fact of it existing or even seeing it. sorry to say but it seems a bit of overcompensating and going too far on it. could it be a case of the lady doth protesteth too much? lol

the other purpose is to urinate, pretty sure women do the same if I recall my biology lessons :D

Honestly you seem pretty strange holding these opinions, I dont know anyone that doesnt find penises gross, most of my friends find feet disgusting as well. Are you a doctor? You may be desensitized and so not really ave any emotions about it. But it's definitely not usual.

Around the Network
Masked_Muchaco said:
The like/dislike ratio and comments on her videos restored my faith in humanity a little bit, it's so good to see that most people don't agree with her bullshit. Riley Dennis is a joke and from what I've seen in the comments, not even the LGBT community want to be associated with her.

As someone who is part of the LGBTQI community with a heap of Trans friends... I also disagree with her. Strongly.
Sadly, someone, somewhere will associate this with everyone on the left-wing political spectrum or the LGBTQI community.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

setsunatenshi said:
Jaicee said:

In human penis serves to pee and sex, basically same of a vagina just in different shape.

Also penis are vaginas before the differentiation phase inside the womb.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Is this a serious question?

No, it fucking isn't. These idiots saying this shit don't know what "preferences" are, not to mention it's rapey as hell. They're basically saying a straight man (meaning 100% attracted to women and women parts only) better learn to love taking a dick in his ass (or mouth) or he'll forever be branded as a bigot, and yes, us men get this shit a lot, too.

Fuck these clowns.

Jaicee said:

Anyone who follows my posts is probably wondering by now why I'm here and not on a place like ResetEra 'where I clearly belong' or something to this effect. This thread will exemplify why.

I haven't really made a thread all about this before, but if I can be perfectly honest and not come across as a complete bigot for saying so, I have difficulties with the transgender movement. I don't dislike people who feel like they belong to some identity other than their birth one. In point of fact, to be more painfully honest, I don't really like my body and am fairly insecure in my own femininity and I think can kind of relate to the feeling a little.

Many of the demands of the transgender movement though offend me. Stuff like this:

In the above modern classic commentary, a (sorry to be impolite) man who claims to be a woman argues that "genital preferences are transphobic" and specifically singles out women who are only sexually attracted to other women (that would be me!) for critique in this regard. You see, in the current parlance of the social justice movement, one cannot be an authentic lesbian unless one is open to sex with men who claim to be women. This does not work for me. To be frank, I find the male penis disgusting (sorry!) and the sight of it an instant turn-off sexually. When I say as much to some of my friends on Facebook, I sometimes get called things like a "vagina fetishist" in reply, as though my orientation means that I'm a predator! It's ridiculous. The claim that everyone (or at least all women anyway) should be bisexual in order to be politically correct renders the whole concept of lesbianism moot and irrelevant.

I don't have a deeper point here. It's just something that frustrates me and the kind of thing that sometimes I want to say but don't feel like I would be allowed to on a place like ResetEra.

You're definitely in a safe place to say this, haha. I agree that certain demands of the transgender movement are unreasonable, and that I frequently feel like progressive leaning areas of discourse are not safe to express such an idea, and I find that very frustrating. This demand you highlight here is particularly repulsive. I would however say that it is entirely possible for someone born with a penis to have the a gender identity opposite their sex. I've seen instances of transgendered elementary schoolers attempting suicide over having the gender corresponding to their sex forced upon them. For someone that young to have such a strong connection of their identity to the gender opposite their sex, and for that to develop at an age before one develops most of their identity (during your teens) suggest to me that it isn't someone playing around with their identity or not serious about feeling that they are the gender they believe themselves to be, and I don't think it's the product of some psychosis or psychological disorder either, as there is already scientific evidence suggesting that a transgender child's mind develops differently in the womb to a cisgender child. As this is the best evidence I have to explain the phenomenon, I don't believe that transgendered individuals are "men" claiming to be "women" or vice versa, but rather that their minds truly are of a gender opposite their biological sex. It sounds, according to the rhetoric you use, like you reject the sincerity of the claims of transgendered individuals. I used to reject it as well, up until probably the early 2010s, when I came upon sufficient evidence that convinced me that transgendered individuals were sincere and that like sexual orientation, their gender identity was determined at birth, not formed later.

That said, no one, man or woman, regardless of what genitals they have, has any right to demand anyone else to have no preference for what genitals they wish to have sex with. Such demands, I daresay, border on rape culture. I should add though, on your note of "all women anyway", that in theory, transgender female-to-male individuals, who have vaginas, could hypothetically ask gay males to not have a preference for penises and accept vaginas, in a mirror of the situation you're concerned about here. I don't know if such demands are made (hell maybe it was made in that video, which I confess I didn't have the patience or temperament to sit through) but they would be equally wrong. 

I don't blame you for finding the male penis disgusting either. I do myself, so it's easy to imagine.

This isn't an actual question right?
I mean basically these people would be saying that non-bisexuals are bigots and wrong...