By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What happens for Wii after both MK Wii and Wii Fit have been released?

diastar day of crisis
monster hunter 3

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

Around the Network
NJ5 said:
In Europe, SSBB gets released, in USA I don't know. Then, Nintendo announces their new games for the holiday season. I don't expect Nintendo to do like Sony, which will probably hype everyone about games for 2009-2010.
Yes, Nintendo never hyped games 2 or 3 years before it releases like Sony, this is the why many PS3 fans think the Wii lineup is weak.

Soriku said:
Rock_on_2008 said:
How about a new Yoshi or new Mega Man game for the Wii?

MM will happen, yes. That's pretty much a definite.

Has there been any information on this yet? I've only heard a rumor about it being a possibility. I'm hoping like hell for a Metroid Prime style game.

thanks for the reply you 2 =)

Kingdom Hearts 3 is a great news for me since i'm very uncertain of getting a PS3 and i loved the 1st one!!

@phendrana
MegaMan as a metroid type game would not sell at all in japan though...

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Those titles will sell until the yet unanounced holiday titles come out. E 3 they will tell all.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network

Perhaps they will user their biggest weapon: A true Pokemon RPG game for console, with some online features.

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

Mario Baseball will be big in NA and Japan, and that will hit over the summer, after that we don't know until E3.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

nintendo only hype games at most 6 month before the release

not like Sony... was is it 3-4 years before release?

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

This is the year of music games on the Wii. Wii Music, GH Aerosmith, Battle of the Bands, that Disney crap, Sega's music game, Hudson's download service in Japan, Rock Band, GH4, Dance Dance Revolution, High School Musical... Expect Wii Music and GH4 to post huge numbers. I expect Wii to be the most popular console with music game fans for the rest of the current generation.

The Wii will also have lots of RPGs. Expect 1/2 of the big PS2 RPGs on Wii. Square will put at least 5 series on Wii (2 are already out and FFCC is already announce). Namco has a release of its biggest RPG series and MH3 is on Wii. More RPGs will be announced.

After Nintendo releases Mario Baseball, Animal Crossing, and Wii Music, they should start to move away from publishing casual games on Wii. Of course, Marty Party 9 and a few others will come, but I mean for the most part. Nintendo will have lots of filler games (like those mentioned above) and by the end of 2010, new Zelda and Mario games will be released.

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

after all those games it will be over
no more good games will come out
everyone will go and develop for the PS3 and 360..

''Hadouken!''