By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - July 2018 NPD: Switch #1, Octopath Traveller #1 software, UPDATE

TheGamer_1995 said:

Octopath Number one on the combined chart?
I swear I couldn’t be happier for the success of a game!

Edit: Seems like it’s only for the Switch chart, too bad I was suprised and happy for s moment.

In other news: Classic Retro consoles selling better than any of the modern consoles? O.o  That says a lot about modern games.

The classic consoles cost the same as a current gen game (or the bonus edition one).  Nothing to gleam from that outside they are a good value for their price.

Around the Network

It's almost as if great exclusives would sell consoles. Congrats to Nintendo!

JRPGfan said: 

Seems our In Progress NPD prediction tool was off by a bit.

In there was it:
Switch 1.0
XB1 0.5
PS4 0.34

But actual numbers (above by Miyamoto) says:
Switch 1.0
PS4 0.71
XB1 0.58

It got it right that the Switch won the month, but it greatly under predicted the PS4 sales, and seems to have over valued the XB1 numbers.

Im actualy abit surprised by the news, that the PS4 did as well as it did this month.
The online rankings for PS4's wherent great in july on amazon/bestbuy/gamestop ect.

Name me one reason why X1 should've sold more than PS4 that month.

Octopath Traveller deserves every bit of success it gets! Such a wonderful game!

Signature goes here!

TheGamer_1995 said:

Octopath Number one on the combined chart?
I swear I couldn’t be happier for the success of a game!

Edit: Seems like it’s only for the Switch chart, too bad I was suprised and happy for s moment.

In other news: Classic Retro consoles selling better than any of the modern consoles? O.o  That says a lot about modern games.

Says its physical only chart, but not Switch only. The only games that are physical only are Switch tho, but I think they’re still saying those were the 3 highest selling physical games in July, excluding digital of other titles of course.

Who knows, maybe Octopath still won July in digital + physical, but it won’t be tracked by NPD sadly so we won’t know.

Last edited by Roar_Of_War - on 17 August 2018

We told y'all there was a drought. Console just got the maybe the best July of the generation at full price without any huge releases. It will roll on everything with pokemon/smash/mario Party.

Good for Zelda, that's what she deserves.

Last edited by xMetroid - on 17 August 2018

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
Falling off a cliff ;)

It's clearly falling upwards ^^

So yeah, the Switch is starting to show strength in sales, even with less interesting software than the year before, all the while the PS4 has to with certain releases to keep up.

Switch is killing it.

3ds still selling okay after so long. And those mini-consoles! It's ridiculous how much hardware Nintendo is moving.

Don't get too cocky you bastards.

TheGamer_1995 said: 

Classic Retro consoles selling better than any of the modern consoles? O.o  That says a lot about modern games.

Those retro consoles are cheaper than the bigger counterparts so they have that going for them.

Go go Switch! Very happy about Octopath, and surprised that it actually did boost hardware.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138

OTBWY said:
So yeah, the Switch is starting to show strength in sales, even with less interesting software than the year before, all the while the PS4 has to with certain releases to keep up.

Switch is killing it.

I think you would suspect that against a successful system in year two vs one that is in year five.  Sony will take losing the slowest month of the year while still selling 70% of what the winning console did.