By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft and Nintendo Rejected Yakuza; Now They Want it According to Toshihiro Nagoshi

HollyGamer said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

Same situation though. Sony and everyone else didnt want Bayonetta 2 or future entries, so they turned it down, Nintendo helped out and made sure the games happened.

Sony did the same thing here with Yakuza.  Nearly the same scenario,worked out for both franchises,luckily for us

It's different, Sony never asking Bayoneta 2 or their sequel Bayoneta 3 to come to Playstation 4 and never officially publish Yakuza games under SCIE . In the other hand Nintendo publish Bayonetta under their name and now asking Yakuza to be release on Switch. Don't compare bayoneta with Yakuza 

Sony and others were approached in order to seek their interest level in the Bayoentta franchise. Sony and others had no interest in funding or helping another entry get made. In swoops Nintendo to save the day and  save the Bayonetta franchise. Sounds pretty similar to me.  Nintendo and Microsoft had no interest in Yakuza and then ended up finding a partner in Sony and gave the franchise a chance/saved that too.  So yes in my opinion I think they're very similar situations with both having great outcomes for both franchises.

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network
PwerlvlAmy said:
HollyGamer said:

It's different, Sony never asking Bayoneta 2 or their sequel Bayoneta 3 to come to Playstation 4 and never officially publish Yakuza games under SCIE . In the other hand Nintendo publish Bayonetta under their name and now asking Yakuza to be release on Switch. Don't compare bayoneta with Yakuza 

Sony and others were approached in order to seek their interest level in the Bayoentta franchise. Sony and others had no interest in funding or helping another entry get made. In swoops Nintendo to save the day and  save the Bayonetta franchise. Sounds pretty similar to me.  Nintendo and Microsoft had no interest in Yakuza and then ended up finding a partner in Sony and gave the franchise a chance/saved that too.  So yes in my opinion I think they're very similar situations with both having great outcomes for both franchises.

That's because Sony never funded or investing on making Yakuza games, unlike Bayonetta to Nintendo. Yakuza problem was never about lack of funding because Sega approved it  , Bayonetta in the other hand were in different situation the sequel had never been approve by Sega and the Nintendo come to the rescue. 

HollyGamer said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

That's because Sony never funded or investing on making Yakuza games, unlike Bayonetta to Nintendo. Yakuza problem was never about lack of funding because Sega approved it  , Bayonetta in the other hand were in different situation the sequel had never been approve by Sega and the Nintendo come to the rescue. 

right and it was turned down by Sony and others from funding. Like I said. That's why I said they're similar, both franchises got turned down by someone and another company game them a chance to thrive and continue. That's why Bayonetta should stay exclusive for Nintendo consoles and why I feel Yakuza should stay exclusive to PS consoles due to the loyalty of it all. 

PwerlvlAmy said:
HollyGamer said:

right and it was turned down by Sony and others from funding

No funding involve on publishing Yakuza games. 

Yeah, same story as Bayonetta.

"Quagmire, are you the type of guy who takes 'no' for an answer ?"
"My lawyer doesn't allow me to answer that question"

PSN ID: skmblake | Feel free to add me

Around the Network
SKMBlake said:

Yup exactly. Worked out well for all of us. Which is awesome. 

PwerlvlAmy said:
SKMBlake said:

Indeed. And it's funny to see that in both cases, Sega is involved. And how they're willing to pay for another crappy Sonic game but don't wanna spend too much money on original content.

"Quagmire, are you the type of guy who takes 'no' for an answer ?"
"My lawyer doesn't allow me to answer that question"

PSN ID: skmblake | Feel free to add me

SKMBlake said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

Indeed. And it's funny to see that in both cases, Sega is involved. And how they're willing to pay for another crappy Sonic game but don't wanna spend too much money on original content.

Yeah that part is mind boggling. Give so much money to Sonic games over other IP's. But hey its Sonic, its their identity and mascot, so with as bad as Sonic games have been, they have to keep riding that horse 

Just how much Nintendo changed from back then, now they want every game possible on Switch.

A few things...

1. Yakuza 1 wasn't a very good game.

2. This is post the failure of Shenmue.

3. Yakuza is still a pretty niche series, but has improved significantly over the years.

Recently Completed
Zelda: BotW
for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)