By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Facebook, Apple, YouTube, and Spotify Remove Alex Jones from their Platforms

Frogs are...

gay 22 62.86%

straight 13 37.14%

Total:35
Alara317 said:
DonFerrari said:

So much wisdow, apply to yourself and at least read what you are replying to... but I guess since you side with the argument you won't bother to do it.

What? Be more clear, please. You are not conveying your thoughts adequately. 

Furthermore, please open yourself up to actually learn something instead of actively resisting being taught things. Aggressive, willful ignorance does not inspire respect. 

Yes sure I'm being the aggresive one...

Read the posts. I said and said multiple times that it is a privately owned, never said it wasn't, but for some reason SpokenTruth and you see to be reading different.

Also said that even though they are privatelly owned (but in the case of these companies they are also publically traded) their space are basically public space.

Also said multiple times I'm against government intervention on it, but that citizens are free to criticize it and the biased one sided attitudes of these companies.

Anything you disagree or see aggresive on it?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
Alara317 said:

What? Be more clear, please. You are not conveying your thoughts adequately. 

Furthermore, please open yourself up to actually learn something instead of actively resisting being taught things. Aggressive, willful ignorance does not inspire respect. 

Read the posts. I said and said multiple times that it is a privately owned, never said it wasn't, but for some reason SpokenTruth and you see to be reading different.

Also said that even though they are privatelly owned (but in the case of these companies they are also publically traded) their space are basically public space.

Also said multiple times I'm against government intervention on it, but that citizens are free to criticize it and the biased one sided attitudes of these companies.

And there you are again throwing things into the mix that aren't relative. You're very good at mental gymnastics. 

Alara317 said:
DonFerrari said:

And there you are again throwing things into the mix that aren't relative. You're very good at mental gymnastics. 

Yes, not very effective deflection.

Try another personal attack perhaps it will stick this time.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

DonFerrari said:

You said they aren't biased for left wing, just showed they are. As long as they are clear on what they are and stop pretending to be neutral all is good. But good that you gone from saying it isn't to who cares.

I said I wouldn't consider Facebook to be left-wing, never mentioned bias.
However I also touched on the fact that the Left-wing here is different from the Left-wing in the USA which means my perspective is thus going to differ.

But I reiterate, even if Facebook is left-wing, does it really matter? You have conservative alternatives.

o_O.Q said:

"Tell me more about this "Greater Agenda". - And do you have empirical evidence?"

if you haven't reached a certain level of concern about, for example, the government bringing drugs into the country to fuel a fake war on drugs simply to steal more tax dollars, then you aren't really the type of person to care about the motivations running behind that are you?

because if you were you would already know since you'd have taken the time to look

so then what i'd have to ask is why are you pretending to be? i'd say your problem is not that you're skeptical but that you're pointing your skepticism n the wrong direction as you are supposed to 

Bold assertions, but they are just that, assertions.

Lawlight said:

“At one point”... What about now? Antifa probably has more members than the kkk at this point.

I would actually like to see actual statistics about that, it would actually be very telling of what the current political climate is like in the USA.

Mr Puggsly said:

You don't consider Facebook left wing? It seems like you're ignoring something most people acknowledge to be true.

See above.
North America seems to be one big step over to the right compared to here.

Mr Puggsly said:

That's the thing, what you consider far right isn't actually extreme. We are at a point where saying there are only genders and wanting more border security are far right agendas.

Far Right and Far Left is extreme. Social values can change and swing to either pole fairly rapidly... And at the moment it seems like the world is seeing a swing towards the far-right.
What that means is that typical extreme views are seen as less extreme.

Mr Puggsly said:

I'm wondering if Facebook and YouTube are deemed to be a monopolies that silences right leaning views, does that create a problem the government has to step in and deal with? Maybe not, but those sites will certainly avoid that possible scenario by not silencing the right entirely. Hence, its difficult to compete with a monopoly and the US has ways of dealing with that.

Well. Facebook and Youtube are companies, the market has spoketh.
There are conservative alternatives.

Mr Puggsly said:

Again, the left uses words like bigot and Nazi to demonize their opponents.

Indeed some do, but with an increase in general facism, their use has become more abundant.
But that is a generalization you have delved into, many left-wing people will not delve into using such toxic rhetoric and nor would the right.

Bigot by it's very definition is someone who is intolerant... And it's use can be leveraged against anyone, left or right.
Calling someone a Nazi, unless they are an actual legitimate Nazi is not on.

Mr Puggsly said:

Hence, I don't respect people that use those words unless they're actually talking about people who associate with those groups or argue their racial superiority and inferiority of other races. I'm not wrong, the name calling BS is among the worst aspect of the left.

Name calling happens on both sides.
But you are entirely correct, they don't deserve respect or support, rather than delving into Ad Hominem, the arguments presented should be debated.

Mr Puggsly said:

KKK is kinda just like a catch all term for racist white people, but hasn't been that significant since like the 1920s with some increases and declines into the 1960s. Also, the number of hate crimes is arguably low given the massive population. The left just likes to get worked up about KKK and Nazis but not really admitting those groups aren't relevant. I'd like to hear the left complain about gangs. Its the gangs that actually create significant problems in the country and kill much more minorities.

Well. Those groups still exist. And just like Antifa, should be heavily condemned either way.

Mr Puggsly said:

I'm am a supporter of free speech and peaceful demonstrations. With that said, maybe Antifa should stop clashing with groups they oppose. For example, I'm not a fan of hate groups but they should be able to have peaceful demonstrations without Antifa goons attacking them. Also, don't harass people on the street or at restaurants.

I am also a supporter of Free Speech. However... One thing to keep in mind is that Free Speech has not and will not ever entitle an individual to say whatever they desire without restriction or consequence.
Peaceful protests is also a freedom I fully support, but once it turns into something toxic, they should be condemned.

However... It does take two to Tango, Antifa cannot be blamed for everything.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:
DonFerrari said:

You said they aren't biased for left wing, just showed they are. As long as they are clear on what they are and stop pretending to be neutral all is good. But good that you gone from saying it isn't to who cares.

I said I wouldn't consider Facebook to be left-wing, never mentioned bias.
However I also touched on the fact that the Left-wing here is different from the Left-wing in the USA which means my perspective is thus going to differ.

But I reiterate, even if Facebook is left-wing, does it really matter? You have conservative alternatives.

o_O.Q said:

"Tell me more about this "Greater Agenda". - And do you have empirical evidence?"

if you haven't reached a certain level of concern about, for example, the government bringing drugs into the country to fuel a fake war on drugs simply to steal more tax dollars, then you aren't really the type of person to care about the motivations running behind that are you?

because if you were you would already know since you'd have taken the time to look

so then what i'd have to ask is why are you pretending to be? i'd say your problem is not that you're skeptical but that you're pointing your skepticism n the wrong direction as you are supposed to 

Bold assertions, but they are just that, assertions.

Lawlight said:

“At one point”... What about now? Antifa probably has more members than the kkk at this point.

I would actually like to see actual statistics about that, it would actually be very telling of what the current political climate is like in the USA.

Mr Puggsly said:

You don't consider Facebook left wing? It seems like you're ignoring something most people acknowledge to be true.

See above.
North America seems to be one big step over to the right compared to here.

Mr Puggsly said:

That's the thing, what you consider far right isn't actually extreme. We are at a point where saying there are only genders and wanting more border security are far right agendas.

Far Right and Far Left is extreme. Social values can change and swing to either pole fairly rapidly... And at the moment it seems like the world is seeing a swing towards the far-right.
What that means is that typical extreme views are seen as less extreme.

Mr Puggsly said:

I'm wondering if Facebook and YouTube are deemed to be a monopolies that silences right leaning views, does that create a problem the government has to step in and deal with? Maybe not, but those sites will certainly avoid that possible scenario by not silencing the right entirely. Hence, its difficult to compete with a monopoly and the US has ways of dealing with that.

Well. Facebook and Youtube are companies, the market has spoketh.
There are conservative alternatives.

Mr Puggsly said:

Again, the left uses words like bigot and Nazi to demonize their opponents.

Indeed some do, but with an increase in general facism, their use has become more abundant.
But that is a generalization you have delved into, many left-wing people will not delve into using such toxic rhetoric and nor would the right.

Bigot by it's very definition is someone who is intolerant... And it's use can be leveraged against anyone, left or right.
Calling someone a Nazi, unless they are an actual legitimate Nazi is not on.

Mr Puggsly said:

Hence, I don't respect people that use those words unless they're actually talking about people who associate with those groups or argue their racial superiority and inferiority of other races. I'm not wrong, the name calling BS is among the worst aspect of the left.

Name calling happens on both sides.
But you are entirely correct, they don't deserve respect or support, rather than delving into Ad Hominem, the arguments presented should be debated.

Mr Puggsly said:

KKK is kinda just like a catch all term for racist white people, but hasn't been that significant since like the 1920s with some increases and declines into the 1960s. Also, the number of hate crimes is arguably low given the massive population. The left just likes to get worked up about KKK and Nazis but not really admitting those groups aren't relevant. I'd like to hear the left complain about gangs. Its the gangs that actually create significant problems in the country and kill much more minorities.

Well. Those groups still exist. And just like Antifa, should be heavily condemned either way.

Mr Puggsly said:

I'm am a supporter of free speech and peaceful demonstrations. With that said, maybe Antifa should stop clashing with groups they oppose. For example, I'm not a fan of hate groups but they should be able to have peaceful demonstrations without Antifa goons attacking them. Also, don't harass people on the street or at restaurants.

I am also a supporter of Free Speech. However... One thing to keep in mind is that Free Speech has not and will not ever entitle an individual to say whatever they desire without restriction or consequence.
Peaceful protests is also a freedom I fully support, but once it turns into something toxic, they should be condemned.

However... It does take two to Tango, Antifa cannot be blamed for everything.

It matters on that until we can complain about the decisions companies make.

And it matters that we recognize the bias and orientation of the company to make it clear they have motives that aren't just their TOS, because if they were to really follow their TOS a lot of pages on the left spectrum would fall down.

Around the Network
o_O.Q said:
SanAndreasX said:

As far as the Iraq War went, the government was bound and determined to have a war. Nothing the media could have done would have stopped it.

And the general public is naturally stupid and apathetic.Humans were stupid and apathetic before newspapers, and they'll be stupid and apathetic until they go extinct. Religion was the first institution to really take advantage of the stupidity and apathy of humankind. Give us a share of your crops or gold or an imaginary sky daddy is going to send you to a place of eternal suffering, oh, and the sky daddy has also empowered us to imprison or kill you if you don't do what we claim he says because in spite of the fact that he's all powerful, he is somehow encapable of enforcing his decrees himself. If you don't have blind faith that the sky daddy said all these things and request proof that he actually said these things, you are sinning and we are empowered to punish you for requesting proof.

Instead of squawking about the media like a flock of parrots, maybe people should start taking personal responsibility for their own lack of civic engagement. Blaming the media for causing anything and everything is intellectually lazy.

" Religion was the first institution to really take advantage of the stupidity and apathy of humankind."

this woman is an athiest

this man is an atheist

these people do not believe in god and yet their thinking surpasses even the most ridiculous of religious zealots... the fact of the matter is that the minute people join some type of cause the potential is there for exploitation, this predates religion and after religion became a thing it was never exclusive to religion, it is an existential problem born out of being human

religion is not the problem here so i don't see why you even brought it up

and you don't believe in god? why not?

"
Instead of squawking about the media like a flock of parrots, maybe people should start taking personal responsibility for their own lack of civic engagement. Blaming the media for causing anything and everything is intellectually lazy."

one thing leads to the other, people have neglected their responsibility to be engaged with what is going on to the media and as a result they have been exploited

but yes you are right that people should be more engaged instead of putting their trust in the media

You do know atheism is just the lack of belief in dieties, not an opinion on political topics, right?

Lawlight said:
Chris Hu said:

Antifa is a fringe group and its not worse then any of the fringe groups on the right like the KKK and other hate groups.  At one point the KKK actually had substantial political power in the US especially in the deep south.  Plus they are far worse Antifa was and is.  Pretty much all the lynchings that took place in the US either was done by KKK members or was caused by KKK involvement. Also the worse case of domestic terrorism in the US the OKC bombing was done by a right winger.

I highly doubt that there are still tons of rednecks that are in the KKK.  Plus you still have a ton of KKK sympathizers. 

o_O.Q said:
Puppyroach said:

Like....?

how much time do you have man... i'm just getting started

Even a broken clock is right twice a day. 

DonFerrari said:
Chris Hu said:

Antifa is a fringe group and its not worse then any of the fringe groups on the right like the KKK and other hate groups.  At one point the KKK actually had substantial political power in the US especially in the deep south.  Plus they are far worse Antifa was and is.  Pretty much all the lynchings that took place in the US either was done by KKK members or was caused by KKK involvement. Also the worse case of domestic terrorism in the US the OKC bombing was done by a right winger.

Since you have such a hard time accepting that there are people on the left just as bad as on the right and also decided to bring thing from the past (sure let's pretend KKK didn't born from Democrats)

Communism implementation on Russia and China killed much more than the holocaust... but I guess they aren't as bad "because they aimed to end inequality"

I'm not a fan of one party states or dictatorships.  Also true communism is pretty  much unobtainable and neither China or Russia came ever close to being truly communist.

Chris Hu said:
DonFerrari said:

Since you have such a hard time accepting that there are people on the left just as bad as on the right and also decided to bring thing from the past (sure let's pretend KKK didn't born from Democrats)

Communism implementation on Russia and China killed much more than the holocaust... but I guess they aren't as bad "because they aimed to end inequality"

I'm not a fan of one party states or dictatorships.  Also true communism is pretty  much unobtainable and neither China or Russia came ever close to being truly communist.

Sure you are not a fan... and sure communism as written isn't attainable, which didn't prevent those places from trying and killing multiple million people, but that isn't left being near as bad as right, and KKK being the worse of the scum there is right?