By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Smash Ultimate Direct August 8th 2018 announced at Evo

S.Peelman said:

Also loved the big artwork with all the characters. Someone should compare that with the boxart of the European Special Edition, if it’s the same I guess there won’t be anymore new character announcements beside DLC. 

That's not the final picture in the box, he was pretty specific in the direct that will be more characters for the release. They will only print the box with the updated image close to release, they wouldn't make the mistake of leaking the final roster that way.

We reap what we sow

Around the Network
160rmf said:
S.Peelman said:

Also loved the big artwork with all the characters. Someone should compare that with the boxart of the European Special Edition, if it’s the same I guess there won’t be anymore new character announcements beside DLC. 

That's not the final picture in the box, he was pretty specific in the direct that will be more characters for the release. They will only print the box with the updated image close to release, they wouldn't make the mistake of leaking the final roster that way.

Ah, missed that then thanks.

EDIT: Pre-ordered the Limited Edition just now.

Last edited by S.Peelman - on 09 August 2018

RobDX said:
That was a great direct! One of the reasons I always wanted a castlevania rep (other than loving the series) is the music. It was awesome seeing them acknowledging the greatness of castlevania's music...*snip*

Vampire Killer and Bloody Tears are probably my two favourite videogame tunes ever made, so I fully agree with you.

Hey and ssb fans want to help me out? We need to make a list of a couple of things. 1st of all assist trophys that were in previous games not shown off yet. Why? Potienl new characters! I noticed that some big name guys are still not shown off. Similar to how dark samus was and to an extent Chrom (robin final smash)

Here take a look at somemof these....

Isaac (Golden Sun)
Starfy (starfy)
Dillon (Dillon western roll)
Saki (Sin and punishment)
Isabelle (animal crossing) Echo?
Shadow (Sonic) Echo?
Andy (Advance wars)

mZuzek said:
160rmf said:

They implied there will be no more new stages announced though, which if true would mean there will be no more characters from franchises that aren't already in Smash.

Implying and what actually happens in regards to Smash are two different things they implied back at E3 the would likely be no new characters added and this week we got 5 with a confirmation a few more are on the way so we can't really take what is implied as an absolute.

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
Wyrdness said:

Implying and what actually happens in regards to Smash are two different things they implied back at E3 the would likely be no new characters added and this week we got 5 with a confirmation a few more are on the way so we can't really take what is implied as an absolute.

They never said there wouldn't be any more new characters, they said not to expect many more, and in fact we've only had 2 new ones since if we're taking off Echo Fighters, which they clearly don't count as new characters. It's quite different than them coming out and saying "there are exactly 103 stages in the game", after all they could have just said "over 100" if they were still gonna add more.

But yes, I know. Sakurai implied he wouldn't carry on doing Smash after Melee, Brawl, and 4. You can never be too sure with him.

Which is why I said they implied the wouldn't be new characters much like you're saying they implied something, echo fighters do count as they're a different approach to a move set so like them or not they count.

mZuzek said:
Wyrdness said:

They never said there wouldn't be any more new characters, they said not to expect many more, and in fact we've only had 2 new ones since if we're taking off Echo Fighters, which they clearly don't count as new characters. It's quite different than them coming out and saying "there are exactly 103 stages in the game", after all they could have just said "over 100" if they were still gonna add more.

But yes, I know. Sakurai implied he wouldn't carry on doing Smash after Melee, Brawl, and 4. You can never be too sure with him.

But do we know what all of those 103 stages are?

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

mZuzek said:
flashfire926 said:

But do we know what all of those 103 stages are?

Yes we do, they showed the stage select screen and all 103 stages were there... along with a suspicious empty hole at the bottom, several stages wide. In a different game, I'd say that means for sure there would be more stages, but if I've learned anything about Smash over time is they really don't give a crap about making their stage or character select screens decently.

Ironically there are actually 104 stages. Seems like sakurai and others dont notice there is a 5th new stage in the game xD 

tbone51 said:
mZuzek said:

Yes we do, they showed the stage select screen and all 103 stages were there... along with a suspicious empty hole at the bottom, several stages wide. In a different game, I'd say that means for sure there would be more stages, but if I've learned anything about Smash over time is they really don't give a crap about making their stage or character select screens decently.

Ironically there are actually 104 stages. Seems like sakurai and others dont notice there is a 5th new stage in the game xD 

Enlighten us please.

What is that 104th stage that is not showing on the screen.

irstupid said:
tbone51 said:

Enlighten us please.

What is that 104th stage that is not showing on the screen.

Monster Hunter stage. Sakurai even specifically said that MH dragon (forgot name) is a boss in that stage which we dont have a name for. Look it up, its not in the 103 stages i checked

Edit: oh and GX noticed it too lol. So we can still get another 2-10 stages that are new maybe!