By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Smash Ultimate Direct August 8th 2018 announced at Evo

Mario and Mega Man were sacrificed so we could have Inklings and Ridley. Luigi was sacrificed so we could have Simon and Richter Belmont. And King Dedede was sacrificed so we can have King K. Rool.

And then Goku will be the final reveal trailer and he'll use the Dragon Balls to wish them all back. :P

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
Shiken said:

I just came here to say, if it has not been said already, that I believe Nintendo stealthly teased an announcement of a new Luigi's Mansion game at the beginning of that direct...

That is all...

Luigi's Mansion: Castlevania?

Luigi's Castle

xMetroid said:
mZuzek said:

Luigi's Mansion: Castlevania?

Luigi's Castle

Hold on...castles are at least 3 times the size of a mansion and valve recently stated they were getting back into making games...

HALF LIFE 3 CONFIRMED TO BE SWITCH EXCLUSIVE

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Shiken said:
xMetroid said:

Luigi's Castle

Hold on...castles are at least 3 times the size of a mansion and valve recently stated they were getting back into making games...

HALF LIFE 3 CONFIRMED TO BE SWITCH EXCLUSIVE

Lmao, we can only hope.

PAOerfulone said:
Mario and Mega Man were sacrificed so we could have Inklings and Ridley. Luigi was sacrificed so we could have Simon and Richter Belmont. And King Dedede was sacrificed so we can have King K. Rool.

And then Goku will be the final reveal trailer and he'll use the Dragon Balls to wish them all back. :P

Are the dragon balls like the infinity stones?

Around the Network

That was a great direct! One of the reasons I always wanted a castlevania rep (other than loving the series) is the music. It was awesome seeing them acknowledging the greatness of castlevania's music.

I think the inclusion of bosses pretty much confirms some sort of adventure mode; I didn't really miss an adventure mode in smash 4 but having it back is great. I'm extremely hyped for this game, there is so much stuff that it's hard to believe they have more to announce!

Wow. Great Direct. I think this actually sold me on the game, even if just for the music player feature, which is amazing. Half the internet should be happy with the announcement of King K Rool. That final mode has got to be a single player adventure. Also loved the big artwork with all the characters. Someone should compare that with the boxart of the European Special Edition, if it’s the same I guess there won’t be anymore new character announcements beside DLC. Lastly it’s amazing how packed with content this is, it’s a playable gaming museum. It’ll be quite embarassing if they manage to get this whole game on a single cartridge without any additional download, while some things like WWE need like 20GB or whatever of space.

And a Luigi’s Castle would be instant-buy.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
PAOerfulone said:

They're different basically the are 7 of them that need to be gathered in order to summon a Dragon who grants a character a wish, all 7 of them are required so they can't be used by themselves and after each summon they turn to stone temporarily (they need one year to regenerate) and fly high up in the air and scatter to different parts of the world needing to tracked down again.

Wyrdness said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

They're different basically the are 7 of them that need to be gathered in order to summon a Dragon who grants a character a wish, all 7 of them are required so they can't be used by themselves and after each summon they turn to stone temporarily (they need one year to regenerate) and fly high up in the air and scatter to different parts of the world needing to tracked down again.

Also, there are (that we know of) three sets of canon dragon balls. Namek has one set, Earth another, and then there are the Super Dragon balls which exist in universe 6&7. Of course we disregard the non canon dark balls from GT.

Hiku said:

lso, please remember that both Mario and Luigi are dead, according to the lore.

But only Luigi had a soul? Was Mario the villian the whole time? Depriving Peach and Bowser from each other?