By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. August 2018 bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

Tagged games:

BlackBeauty said:
Marth said:
New yearly update. Not much has changed. Smash Bros is approaching the top 10. SMP, MTA and Captain Toad still on the rise.
Horizon made the most places and is now 83. Pretty good legs given that it's as old as BotW and a PS4 title.

Not to be shady here but Horizon has been selling for 20$ for months. Not just regular edition but the complete edition.

Yeah, but it's only now that it really rises through the charts, probably because there's not very much worthwhile having released in the last month or two.

Also, why shady?

Around the Network

Wondering if Smash will be Nintendo's biggest debut in US. It will certainly be interesting.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

I never understood how these amazon rankings works. I prefer the vgchartz rankings because it has numbers on it.

Both Bayonetta 3 and Metroid Prime 4, have risen quite a lot today in the Amazon rankings. Any logical reason? I have not seen news about these 2 games.

EDIT: Looking again at the rankings, it seems that they are not the only games. There are several games that have gone up a lot. Maybe people are trying to take advantage of the last days of the 20% discount on Amazon prime in preorders.

Last edited by alejollorente10 - on 20 August 2018

Switch Friend Code = 5965 - 4586 - 6484

PSN: alejollorente10

LipeJJ said:
Wondering if Smash will be Nintendo's biggest debut in US. It will certainly be interesting.

Mario Odyssey holds the title right ? I think Smash Ultimate will take it easily since its in the holidays and it is one of the most anticipated game of all time. But maybe pokemon will cut a bit of sale potential as its launching only a few weeks before.

Around the Network

Smash has been temporarily dethroned on Amazon JP by... Conan Exiles? Huh. Quite the surprise there.

Did Smash and Mario Party jump up to the top because people are rushing to get 20% off with prime before it's over?

I would imagine so. Same with all those other games ranking higher/reappearing.

xMetroid said:
LipeJJ said:

Mario Odyssey holds the title right ? I think Smash Ultimate will take it easily since its in the holidays and it is one of the most anticipated game of all time. But maybe pokemon will cut a bit of sale potential as its launching only a few weeks before.

I think so! Either that or a Pokémon game from DS/3DS. 

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

PortisheadBiscuit said:
Did Smash and Mario Party jump up to the top because people are rushing to get 20% off with prime before it's over?

Indeed. We have till 28th this month. This sucks. Better pre-order them