By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. August 2018 bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

Tagged games:

Speak of the Devil...

Around the Network

Switch owners should buy Diablo 3 despite weak story and plot compared to the previous entry, the gameplay is ace and it's probably the best when it comes to the genre. Somehow it reminds me of end gear hunting in level 140 GQ with similarity in gameplay loop.

Amazon yearly charts update (8 days since last update):

SSBU: 12 (+2)
Octopath Traveler: 34 (-)
Super Mario Party: 46 (+3)
Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu: 72 (+1)
Spyro Reignited Trilogy PS4: 99 (NEW)

Still no Fallout 76 or Kingdom Hearts, Spider-Man or other Pokémon let's Go version charting.

Last week of tracking Octopath, Spyro has come to replace it. And kicked out Battlefront II to boot ^^

Smash and Super Mario Party are crawling higher and higher...

I wasn't expecting Diablo 3 to start off so high in the rankings.

Last edited by Shaqazooloo0 - on 18 August 2018

That Monster Hunter Demo didn't really do much it seems. Honestly, I can see why. I had no idea what I was doing and it felt very confusing/overwhelming. I think it's same reason I stopped playing Monster Hunter 3 so quickly.

I guess it also doesn't help that they've done zero advertising and the demo pretty much came out of nowhere...

Last edited by Shaqazooloo0 - on 19 August 2018

Around the Network

Conan Outcasts is doing a lot better on Amazon JP than I ever expected (#2 ahead of Spider-Man right now). I wonder what the cause is.

Diablo 3 doing pretty well already. We don't have a release date yet right ?

Marth said:
xMetroid said:
Diablo 3 doing pretty well already. We don't have a release date yet right ?

On or before December 21st
Given Blizzards history with release dates its probably at the 21st. Most of the time they use the date they mention first/latest possible date they give themselves.
But thats just speculation from my side. Could also be that they release it at Blizzcon or something like that.

Okok, thanks :p

Marth said:
New yearly update. Not much has changed. Smash Bros is approaching the top 10. SMP, MTA and Captain Toad still on the rise.
Horizon made the most places and is now 83. Pretty good legs given that it's as old as BotW and a PS4 title.

Not to be shady here but Horizon has been selling for 20$ for months. Not just regular edition but the complete edition.

BlackBeauty said:
Marth said:
New yearly update. Not much has changed. Smash Bros is approaching the top 10. SMP, MTA and Captain Toad still on the rise.
Horizon made the most places and is now 83. Pretty good legs given that it's as old as BotW and a PS4 title.

Not to be shady here but Horizon has been selling for 20$ for months. Not just regular edition but the complete edition.

What is shady about that? Making the product available to those on a more stringent budget is a good business strategy.