By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. August 2018 bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

Tagged games:

Marth said:
Mbolibombo said:
Did PSN cards work with Amazon prime?

in  what regard?

The 20% off

Around the Network

Nintendo Labo Vehicle Kit, releasing in less than 2 weeks on the 14th, is currently at rank #148 on Amazon JP and rank #205 on Amazon US.

Currently, the Variety Kit which released 5 months ago is at rank #203 on Amazon US, ahead of the Vehicle Kit.

Any thoughts? I have no idea why Nintendo pushed for this quick launch personally. Releasing kits 3 and 4 simultaneously closer to the holidays would have made so much more sense to me since they could have advertised them together.

Last edited by Megiddo - on 02 September 2018

Megiddo said:

Nintendo Labo Vehicle Kit, releasing in less than 2 weeks on the 14th, is currently at rank #148 on Amazon JP and rank #205 on Amazon US.

Currently, the Variety Kit which released 5 months ago is at rank #203 on Amazon US, ahead of the Vehicle Kit.

Any thoughts? I have no idea why Nintendo pushed for this quick launch personally. Releasing kits 3 and 4 simultaneously closer to the holidays would have made so much more sense to me since they could have advertised them together.

I think people need to save thoughts after Holiday season and when we actually see how they performed during holiday season. From start it was obvoius they were aimed for kids/parents and that means they will sell best during holiday season. But in any case Nintendo definitely overestimating Labo effect and sales, I think they thought Labo will have stronger sales and stronger effect on Switch itself, saying that Labo will and probably already has solid profit and some effect on Switch sales during holiday season, at end it's quite low investment with strong profit margin.

September mightyly stacked with PS4 releases. To no ones surprise it shows on the charts.. Nintendo evergreens looks like third party only for the most part

Megiddo said:

Looks like Nintendo wants to push Labo Kits out early and then advertise them during the holiday. I'll admit it's a weird way of going about it, but I suppose it could be good to have presence on store shelves before the huge marketing push? After all I don't really think it'd be a good idea to launch Labo close to Smash and Pokemon.

Around the Network

Metroid Prime 4 is somehow maintaining its spot in the top 100, maybe some people don't realize it's not releasing this year?

Octopath seems to have found it's place in 55-70 range.