By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. August 2018 bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

Tagged games:

Dragon quest has never been a mega seller in the West. I'm sure it's sales on ps4 will be just fine and add to the already impressive sales on ps4 and 3ds in Japan. Switch will be the icing on the cake.

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
Dragon quest has never been a mega seller in the West. I'm sure it's sales on ps4 will be just fine and add to the already impressive sales on ps4 and 3ds in Japan. Switch will be the icing on the cake.

Checking their western sales made shockingly aware to be one of just 30k Europeans who bought Dragon Quest Monsters Joker

As for DQ sales numbers in the West, VIII made 1.4M, while IX is a bit lower at 1.3M. Nothing gargantuan, but still better than most games, especially RPGs

Labo Vehicle kit starts at #85 on Amazon JP. Curious to see how high it climbs given it's releasing in two weeks and the novelty of the first Labo kits is over.

EDIT: #89 now. Yeah, I think even among the Nintendo die-hards who purchased the Variety kit, the enthusiasm has died down a bit for Labo in Japan.

Last edited by Megiddo - on 31 August 2018

Bofferbrauer2 said:
Marth said:
Spiderman takes the top spot one week from release.
Also I think Mario Kart Wii appearing is a strong sign that the chart has slowed down.

I'd say the fact that CoD MW2 for the 360 charting was a dead giveaway already for me

CoD MW2 recently became backwards compatible with Xbox One. Also I think MW2 entered the chart before pre orders stopped.

KH3 is at 57 and 1.5+2.5 is back at 96. Just need 2.8 to complete the trinity once again.

Spider-Man is #1.

Around the Network

Vehicle kit is now at #109 on Amazon JP and out of the top 100 ranking not even a day after its solicitation. Nintendo better put up some advertising for it or it might do worse than the robot kit.

EDIT: PS4 slim out of stock yet again on Amazon US it seems. Also it's amusing seeing Spider-man and 6 PS store gift cards in the top 10 for Amazon US.

Last edited by Megiddo - on 31 August 2018

Hmm I thought 9 SKUs was little for the Switch and counted and it was 16 so it's currently not displaying right.

Marth said:

Platform SKUs:
PlayStation 4: 18 (-1)
Nintendo Switch: 9 (+1)
Xbox One: 5 (+1)
Nintendo Wii: 1 (0)

Mbolibombo said:
Hmm I thought 9 SKUs was little for the Switch and counted and it was 16 so it's currently not displaying right.

Yeah I counted 16 as well, I think your program displayed it wrong Marth.

KH3 at 28 for best sellers in August. Nomura wills it.

Did PSN cards work with Amazon prime?