By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why does GT not get any acclaim in mainstream media?

Azzanation said:
Because even with all the new content its still under par for today's racing scene.
Forza 5 copped the same criticism, should that game get re-reviewed? Still sitting on a 79 from launch.

We all know you didn’t even play the game to even know what you’re talking about. Most serious racers prefer GT Sport to F7 by far and that got hugely inflated review scores. 

Around the Network

Most reviewers doesn't even like racing simulators, so don't expect re-reviews.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Errorist76 said:
Azzanation said:
Because even with all the new content its still under par for today's racing scene.
Forza 5 copped the same criticism, should that game get re-reviewed? Still sitting on a 79 from launch.

We all know you didn’t even play the game to even know what you’re talking about. Most serious racers prefer GT Sport to F7 by far and that got hugely inflated review scores. 

Don't say that. He promised in another thread that he only enter threads of products he is highly interested in.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

It's a great point you make but I guess the whole genre is struggling a bit.
In the day there we sooooo many franchises competing for the racing game crown. Forza, GT, V Rally, countless Formula One games, Sega Rally, Top Gear, Burnout, Need For Speed, Dirt, Colin McCrae Rally, Project Cars and more...
Now it's just Forza and GT. Why? Not sure but maybe the appeal of a realistic racer isn't as strong as it used to be not sure?

I for some reason thought you meant Dragonball GT, to which my response would have been...it sucks.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network

Cause despite the added content, GT sport is still a weak title in the racing genre. It has best in class graphics physics, but the overall package that surrounds the gameplay is very lacking. Forza 7 and P-cars 2 are both superior games.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

tripenfall said:
In the day there we sooooo many franchises competing for the racing game crown. Forza, GT, V Rally, countless Formula One games, Sega Rally, Top Gear, Burnout, Need For Speed, Dirt, Colin McCrae Rally, Project Cars and more...
Now it's just Forza and GT. Why? Not sure but maybe the appeal of a realistic racer isn't as strong as it used to be not sure?

The bolded franchises are still alive and well. Also V-rally is making a comeback this fall.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

flashfire926 said:
tripenfall said:

The bolded franchises are still alive and well. Also V-rally is making a comeback this fall.

That's true and I'm really hoping V - Rally might be a game worth picking up on the Switch for some portable racing fun.

I doubt the XBox One X version can compare to Forza.... 

Because Dragon Ball Super is much better than GT ;)

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Errorist76 said:
Azzanation said:

What are you talking about Willis?   Forza Motorsports 6 has a metascore of 87 and Forza Motorsports 7 has metascore of 86 which is one point lower despite being a better overall game.  So there where no hugely inflated review scores for Forza Motorsports 7.  If it actually had inflated review scores it metascore would be above the mid 90s.