By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why does GT not get any acclaim in mainstream media?

Chris Hu said:
Errorist76 said:

We all know you didn’t even play the game to even know what you’re talking about. Most serious racers prefer GT Sport to F7 by far and that got hugely inflated review scores. 

What are you talking about Willis?   Forza Motorsports 6 has a metascore of 87 and Forza Motorsports 7 has metascore of 86 which is one point lower despite being a better overall game.  So there where no hugely inflated review scores for Forza Motorsports 7.  If it actually had inflated review scores it metascore would be above the mid 90s.

Sir, you're stepping onto the battlefield of console warz. Forget about "hugely inflated" review scores, how the heck can we possibly qualify someone as "serious" racers, and what, did he poll ALL of them to come up with "most"? lol

Anyways, OP, the game still lacks things, and calling that sham of a campaign "fully featured" doesn't do other racers justice nor does it take Polyphony to task, as they deserve to be.

The simple answer to your question is some of those other games are more popular/generate more clicks. To be honest I haven't seen the media gushing over No Man's Sky much.

Around the Network

Because the content those other games offer appeal more to a North American audience, which is where most big publications are from.

GT Sport is a japanese game that appeals heavily to Europe.

Chris Hu said:
Errorist76 said:

We all know you didn’t even play the game to even know what you’re talking about. Most serious racers prefer GT Sport to F7 by far and that got hugely inflated review scores. 

What are you talking about Willis?   Forza Motorsports 6 has a metascore of 87 and Forza Motorsports 7 has metascore of 86 which is one point lower despite being a better overall game.  So there where no hugely inflated review scores for Forza Motorsports 7.  If it actually had inflated review scores it metascore would be above the mid 90s.

It's all subjective. A better way to present your argument isn't to deny something based on scores but to instead take the high road and insist that they're all valid options.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

LudicrousSpeed said:
Chris Hu said:

Sir, you're stepping onto the battlefield of console warz. Forget about "hugely inflated" review scores, how the heck can we possibly qualify someone as "serious" racers, and what, did he poll ALL of them to come up with "most"? lol

Anyways, OP, the game still lacks things, and calling that sham of a campaign "fully featured" doesn't do other racers justice nor does it take Polyphony to task, as they deserve to be.

The simple answer to your question is some of those other games are more popular/generate more clicks. To be honest I haven't seen the media gushing over No Man's Sky much.

Well said most serious racers wouldn't play either game since they only play racing games on PC and they would play either iRacing, rFactor 2, Asseto Corsa, Project Cars 2 or some other PC sim racer.

Azuren said:
Chris Hu said:

It's all subjective. A better way to present your argument isn't to deny something based on scores but to instead take the high road and insist that they're all valid options.

But its not a valid opinion if the said game actually scores one point lower on metascore then its predecessor. 

Around the Network

I find it strange that people complain about the microtransaction (don't like it as well) breaking balance since every race you have car points and mandatory heavy balancing on the online (reason why they removed tunning). But hope they give the petrol heads the opportunity to fine tune and gain those miliseconds (knowing about it is also part of being a good racer).

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Chris Hu said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Well said most serious racers wouldn't play either game since they only play racing games on PC and they would play either iRacing, rFactor 2, Asseto Corsa, Project Cars 2 or some other PC sim racer.

I imagine those who got into the nissan academy where joker racers right?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Chris Hu said:
Azuren said:

But its not a valid opinion if the said game actually scores one point lower on metascore then its predecessor. 

Having a higher MC doesn't make something more valid, nor is it the only metric by which to measure something.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Azuren said:
Chris Hu said:

Having a higher MC doesn't make something more valid, nor is it the only metric by which to measure something.

Metascore takes all the professional reviews and averages them out so if you want prove that a game didn't get inflated scores its actually they best source available. 

DonFerrari said:
Chris Hu said:

I imagine those who got into the nissan academy where joker racers right?

Nobody ever said that GT isn't a good Skyline simulator, GT6 had like close to 80 of them.