By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why does GT not get any acclaim in mainstream media?

So Polyphony Digital blatantly lied to us.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
Azuren said:

And if a specific type of "real racing gamer" wants to log his time towards a racing license, then a "real racing gamer" (whatever that is) is going to play GT Sport.

Do you see how that metascore played absolutely no role in that hypothetical gamer's purchase? There is value beyond what reviewers determine.

You are wrong. Real world license, championship to enter a real team, creator winning second place in his first race in nurburgring, sales dominance is all symbols of a worse game and metacritic shows it all.

I just don't even know what you're talking about. Can you break that up into coherent sentences instead of a rambling run-on?

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Chris Hu said:
Azuren said:

And if a specific type of "real racing gamer" wants to log his time towards a racing license, then a "real racing gamer" (whatever that is) is going to play GT Sport.

Do you see how that metascore played absolutely no role in that hypothetical gamer's purchase? There is value beyond what reviewers determine.

I'm pretty sure he was trying to talk about hardcore sim racers even though his wording was super vague and again those would play neither game.

Are you a hardcore sim sim racer?

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Azuren said:
Chris Hu said:

GT Sport lacked and still lacks ton of content compared to all the previous games in the franchise so its low reviews where justified.  Just like FM5 low reviews where justified since it lacked content compared to its previous game.   

That specific type of "real racing gamer" would get a PC and play Rfactor or Iracing instead of GT.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Super_Boom said:
Errorist76 said:

We all know you didn’t even play the game to even know what you’re talking about. Most serious racers prefer GT Sport to F7 by far and that got hugely inflated review scores. 

DonFerrari said:

Don't say that. He promised in another thread that he only enter threads of products he is highly interested in.

Guys, you might history with each other, but leave it outside. The OP is asking a question, everyone has a right to give their opinion, even negative ones. If you think he's wrong, debunk it with logic, no one wants to see this personal crap.

You know him and how impervious to logic and arguments he is.

Azuren said:
DonFerrari said:

You are wrong. Real world license, championship to enter a real team, creator winning second place in his first race in nurburgring, sales dominance is all symbols of a worse game and metacritic shows it all.

I just don't even know what you're talking about. Can you break that up into coherent sentences instead of a rambling run-on?

I was being sarcastic, because for some reason GT is almost shitty level because Metacritic is lower than FM.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
Azuren said:
Chris Hu said:

I'm pretty sure he was trying to talk about hardcore sim racers even though his wording was super vague and again those would play neither game.

Are you a hardcore sim sim racer?

Nope, I pretty much never played any games on PC except via simulators.  Plus the current PC I'm using is pretty ancient and still uses Windows 7 so I doubt it could handle and decent racing sims and on top of all that I never had a racing wheel.   

DonFerrari said:
Super_Boom said:

Guys, you might history with each other, but leave it outside. The OP is asking a question, everyone has a right to give their opinion, even negative ones. If you think he's wrong, debunk it with logic, no one wants to see this personal crap.

Yet instead of trying to counter his point, you pull all this personal crap.

If his argument is indeed bad, then disprove it.

Bet with Intrinsic:

DonFerrari said:
Super_Boom said:

Azuren said:

I was being sarcastic, because for some reason GT is almost shitty level because Metacritic is lower than FM.

Nobody said that GT Sport is a terrible game and 75 is still a pretty good Meta score. 

flashfire926 said:

So Polyphony Digital blatantly lied to us.

Well that sucks the currency you could buy in GT6 was a bigger rip off then the tokens in previous Forza games.  And speaking of tokens they are not going to be added to FM7 and FH4.  Also they are removing the loot crates from FM7 which is kinda unnecessary since they where completely optional and the people that complained about them the most actually never played the game or only played it for a short time.

Because it was released incomplete.

Because its a "mini" GT and not a mainline GT.

Because it was released incomplete.

Did I mention it was incomplete?