By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Go Vacation is quite good.

I missed this title first time around back in the Wii days, but decided to take a punt on the Switch version. I was a huge fan of Wii Sports resort, and have been hoping for that or something similar to land on the Switch and Go vacation certainly fills that void. It has a nice selection of activities and encourages you to explore every part of each resort which are packed with things to do and see. Yes it can be a bit simplistic at times, but it has a charm about it and is quite a relaxed experience. Im happy to admit that I like the odd casual game to unwind with after all the competitive and RPG titles I usually play. If you were a fan of Wii sports resort, or those types of games in particular I recommend you give this a go.

Around the Network

Honestly it does looks fun for multiplayer. Maybe I'll get when it gets cheaper.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138

zippy said:

I missed this title first time around back in the Wii days, but decided to take a punt on the Switch version. I was a huge fan of Wii Sports resort, and have been hoping for that or something similar to land on the Switch and Go vacation certainly fills that void. It has a nice selection of activities and encourages you to explore every part of each resort which are packed with things to do and see. Yes it can be a bit simplistic at times, but it has a charm about it and is quite a relaxed experience. Im happy to admit that I like the odd casual game to unwind with after all the competitive and RPG titles I usually play. If you were a fan of Wii sports resort, or those types of games in particular I recommend you give this a go.

It's the same for me. I really want a Wii Sports Resort for Switch, and as Go Vacation looks the most like it, I picked it up. I never even heard of it in the Wii days.

And yes, I actually having a blast. Just driving around in the marine bike or roller skaters (I have access to marine resort and city resort so far) is so much fun, driving around, making trick jumps and the like. And if I start to get bored by it, I just go into an activity.

I'm not so sure about motion control though. So far most activities worked without it, and I tried Tennis from the main menu, and it didn't felt as fun as it was with Wii Sports. Probably that's why you can also play it with classic controls. So, I have to dive more into it, maybe some more activities have fun use of motion control.

Overall I'm even inclined to say that Go Vacation may the more fun game. That's because it isn't the activities alone, but also roaming the island, talking with people, picking up friends (your Miis on the system turn up in the game and can be made to follow you and join in activities).

My overall gripes are:

• As I said, I'm not so sure yet, how motion controls work out with that. Still a fun game with classic controls.
  • Namco could've made some nicer graphics, the Wii graphics look a little barebones.
  • I don't understand why after an activity started from the island you get resetted with your vehicle. The mind-boggling part about it is, that after leaving the activity I see myself for a moment on the island as I was before I started the activity, only to get then into the vehicle-screen. That is unneeded. I can always switch vehicles and beam to other location by calling up the map, so that it happens automatically somehow destroys the flow of the game.

That said overall fun game. Can't wait to have some friends over to try some stuff in multiplayer. I actually thought about making a thread myself.

Last edited by Mnementh - on 28 July 2018

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:
zippy said:

It's the same for me. I really want a Wii Sports Resort for Switch, and as Go Vacation looks the most like it, I picked it up. I never even heard of it in the Wii days.

And yes, I actually having a blast. Just driving around in the marine bike or roller skaters (I have access to marine resort and city resort so far) is so much fun, driving around, making trick jumps and the like. And if I start to get bored by it, I just go into an activity.

I'm not so sure about motion control though. So far most activities worked without it, and I tried Tennis from the main menu, and it didn't felt as fun as it was with Wii Sports. Probably that's why you can also play it with classic controls. So, I have to dive more into it, maybe some more activities have fun use of motion control.

Overall I'm even inclined to say that Go Vacation may the more fun game. That's because it isn't the activities alone, but also roaming the island, talking with people, picking up friends (your Miis on the system turn up in the game and can be made to follow you and join in activities).

My overall gripes are:

• As I said, I'm not so sure yet, how motion controls work out with that. Still a fun game with classic controls.
  • Namco could've made some nicer graphics, the Wii graphics look a little barebones.
  • I don't understand why after an activity started from the island you get resetted with your vehicle. The mind-boggling part about it is, that after leaving the activity I see myself for a moment on the island as I was before I started the activity, only to get then into the vehicle-screen. That is unneeded. I can always switch vehicles and beam to other location by calling up the map, so that it happens automatically somehow destroys the flow of the game.

That said overall fun game. Can't wait to have some friends over to try some stuff in multiplayer. I actually thought about making a thread myself.

I think many may see this game and automatically think shovelware, and who can blame them after what the Wii was infested with. However there has been a lot of effort and love put into crafting this game and I can see why this got another outing and why Nintendo got on board with publishing duties. Also nice to see a fellow gamer who's also not afraid to delve into a casual game.

zippy said:
Mnementh said:

My overall gripes are:

I think many may see this game and automatically think shovelware, and who can blame them after what the Wii was infested with. However there has been a lot of effort and love put into crafting this game and I can see why this got another outing and why Nintendo got on board with publishing duties. Also nice to see a fellow gamer who's also not afraid to delve into a casual game.

I'm old enough to stand above these childish games of declaring a game as childish.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

I have it on Wii, my kids actually like it more than Wii Sports Resort due to ability to roam around and more things to do.

We already discussed this game back in 2011 thanks to @gumby_trucker and his thread: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130161

I never enjoyed the mini-games, but the free-roam exploration in the game hubs were great and a must play just for that.
My nephew would play the mountain resort ridding the horse over and over again, just galloping away into a waterfall or lake xD

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Yes it is.

I had more fun with Go Vacation than any of the Mario Parties from that gen.

I think this could be a nice game for those who have kids.