By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Do Not Buy a Phone From LG

Have had an lg g3 and an lg g5 for last couple of years. Both international versions with more ram. Have loved both but have suffered from battery issues although batteries are easily changed unlike most so £15 on ebay and your set. Believe g7 isn't removable though so may have to have a rethink come christmas when I'm going to change again.

Around the Network
farlaff said:
TallSilhouette said:
Anecdotally, my friend's LG phone (not sure which model) just had its battery balloon up the other day.

I'm still rocking a Note 3 but looking forward to an upgrade. I like the flexibility of Android but am tired of Samsung software. This holiday I'll probably get either a Nokia 7 Plus, Pixel 2 XL if the price drops enough, or a Pixel 3/XL if it impresses enough.

Ever thought of a Mi (Xiaomi) phone? Have had one for a year and a half now (a MiMax) and absolutely love it!

I have considered a number of Chinese phones lately, but I'm more interested in a pure Android phone with reliable support and timely updates, be it Android One or a phone straight from Google.

I like my Sony-phone so i think I'll keep buying that brand

Same issues with my LG G5....it is absolutely sad. And My silly self had the same issues with the G2 but was SURE by the time they got to the G5 these issues would be resolved yet.......here we are smh.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

I have lost the count of how many android phones I have used over the years, but for some strange reason i have ended up using LG phones a lot, considering they have no resale value, bloated user interface, I started with G2, G3 nexus 5x, all horrible phones. so i avoided Lg phones after that, but my passion photography made me buy LG V20 and boy I was impressed with that camera specially the wide angle lens and manual controls, dont understand why no other manufacturer has attempted this kind of lens setup, and not to mention the quad dac. but as always battery drain was big issue. So finally The time came for a change I had to choose Between OP6 or V30. And quiet predictably I went with the hype bought Oneplus 6 but started to miss that wide angle lens and quad dac. So just after a month with OP6, i went ahead and exchange it with v30.. and thank god i did that. battery life on V30 is far superior anything I have used till date, HDR10 and DolbyVision display. Also why isn't any other manufacturer utilizing Haptic feedback engine like Iphone and now LG with V30?? the only Problem with V30 is its horrible front camera.

So in short I agree with you LG phone sucks, exception being V series phones.

Around the Network

I honestly did not even know LG made phones anymore. It must be about 10 years since I've seen one. I figured they went the way of Sony Ericsson, HTC, and Nokia.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

TheBlackNaruto said:
Same issues with my LG G5....it is absolutely sad. And My silly self had the same issues with the G2 but was SURE by the time they got to the G5 these issues would be resolved yet.......here we are smh.

I genuinely still can't believe I'm still using Android Nougat. 

The LG G6 that came out a year later has ONLY JUST got Oreo. Cannot wait until I can get my Oneplus 6T in a couple of months. 

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

ArchangelMadzz said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

I genuinely still can't believe I'm still using Android Nougat. 

The LG G6 that came out a year later has ONLY JUST got Oreo. Cannot wait until I can get my Oneplus 6T in a couple of months. 

I may not be having good experiences with my LG but I absolutely REFUSE to Switch to Apple lol.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

My current phone is an LG G5, I bought it a year ago and had very few problems, the battery life is something I knew about when I purchase it but still decided to go with it because I've always had a good time with LG products (in fact they are probably my favourite phone manufacturer), as of now my battery is still Ok, I've considered changing it but I don't feel the need for those extra hours of battery life, in the future I think I'll keep buying LG's phones

I bought the LGV20. I don't mainly use it as a phone though. It's really great for running headphones with high impedance.