By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Do you most of your money on clothes or videogames?

Do you spend more on clothes than games this year?

Yes 11 23.91%

No 35 76.09%

Total:46
Wiibaron said:
Bigger question: Do you proofread your titles before posting for all the world to see? I vote no...

Not that many people really care anyway

If you require alcohol to have fun, then you have a problem

Around the Network

Nighthawk117 said:

I spend more on alcohol than games & clothes combined.

Gotta have that vodka - need rocket fuel to get me by. Life is tough kiddies. We all need some kind of escape.....

My escape is videogames, but i don’t really like alcohol though

Interesting answers. I don´t spend that much on either, maybe a bit more on games. Food is where my money goes :P
Clothes I buy mostly when they are on sale or some second-hand stuff from flea market. I don´t think its ecological or sustainainable to buy loads of clothes and use them just a little, so I also use what I have until they are no longer usable. I still like to look good and especially pay attention to colours and how clothes fit together, but I also value comfort.

Xxain said:
Man, I am blown away by how little people value their image.

I hate the term, but I get called a fashionista a lot. I do Spring/Summer shopping first half of the year then a little bit Winter shopping in September(Live in San Diego. We dont really get Winter). I spend about 500 on Spring/Summer and like 300 in early fall. If I come across something dope on Amazon I'll probably get it too. Spend about 1000 a year on gear. Games just depend. Im a student so I tend to buy a few games that will last a semester. Probably 300 a year on games.

Where do you think you are? The GQ forum?

This is forum for people really into nerd shit. Also the number of adult virgins roaming around here is pretty high. Not really relevant but I'm throwing it out there anyway.

Any who, I personally put more effort into staying fit and being comfortable over style, I love my Adidas striped pants and UFC jerseys. Being fit is an image I care more about. I have nice clothes but they don't get used a lot outside of special occasions.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
Xxain said:

I hate the term, but I get called a fashionista a lot. I do Spring/Summer shopping first half of the year then a little bit Winter shopping in September(Live in San Diego. We dont really get Winter). I spend about 500 on Spring/Summer and like 300 in early fall. If I come across something dope on Amazon I'll probably get it too. Spend about 1000 a year on gear. Games just depend. Im a student so I tend to buy a few games that will last a semester. Probably 300 a year on games.

This is forum for people really into nerd shit. Also the number of adult virgins roaming around here is pretty high. Not really relevant but I'm throwing it out there anyway.

Any who, I personally put more effect into staying fit and being comfortable over style. Being fit is the image I care more about. I have nice clothes but they don't get used a lot outside of special occasions.

Bro, how you classify yourself is irrelevant also.

Not buying clothes in 10 years or wearing clothes to they're nearly destroyed is ridiculous. Unless you are in a environment that leaves you dirt poor, which cant be the case because everybody here is buying games, everybody should put money aside to update their wardrobe yearly! Stop taking personal image for granted. In regards to "adult virgins", if they took better care of their personal image that would help that situation (unless that's a choice of course). Let's keep it real, no matter how great of a person you think you are, first level of interaction wil always be visual. That applies to everything: Food, buying cars, living locations, choosing your hotel.... video games... ext.  

Last edited by Xxain - on 27 July 2018

Around the Network

Working in clothing retail means I'm always surrounded by new clothes and get to see our collections before they even release... which makes me want to buy them even moreso before they're out. Sticking someone like me in a clothing store for hours is probably like an alcoholic working at a liquor store. Needless to say, I spend quite a lot on clothes (even with my discount.)

I bought one game this year, so that comes out to $60.

I purchased about five or more clothing items in the past few weeks, and that comes out to over $300. For the entire year I don't even want to think about how much I've spent on clothes so far, probably north of 1.5k.

Based on the responses I propose someone start an official VGC fashion thread. Not me but someone.

We can share our clothes purchases and give advice.

It will be fab.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Xxain said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Any who, I personally put more effect into staying fit and being comfortable over style. Being fit is the image I care more about. I have nice clothes but they don't get used a lot outside of special occasions.

Not buying clothes in 10 years or wearing clothes to they're nearly destroyed is ridiculous. Unless you are in a environment that leaves you dirt poor, which cant be the case because everybody here is buying games, everybody should put money aside to update their wardrobe yearly! Stop taking personal image for granted. In regards to "adult virgins", if they took better care of their personal image that would help that situation (unless that's a choice of course). Let's keep it real, no matter how great of a person you think you are, first level of interaction wil always be visual. That applies to everything: Food, buying cars, living locations, choosing your hotel.... video games... ext.  

But mr pugsly is kind of right, this is a gaming site afterall. Also xxain remember blind people. And why is wearing clothes until theyr´re nearly destroyd ridiculous, especially if worn only at home? This whole kapitalistic use and throw away thing is not sustaineable and is just plain ridiculous. All that manufactured to break and clothes to be used once, new car every year etc is mad. Great look is more about fashion sense and visual sense than about money, but thats just my opinion. Most expensive clothes and cheap ones as well look pretty meh to my eye.

PSintend0 said:
Xxain said:

But mr pugsly is kind of right, this is a gaming site afterall. Also xxain remember blind people. And why is wearing clothes until theyr´re nearly destroyd ridiculous, especially if worn only at home? This whole kapitalistic use and throw away thing is not sustaineable and is just plain ridiculous. All that manufactured to break and clothes to be used once, new car every year etc is mad. Great look is more about fashion sense and visual sense than about money, but thats just my opinion. Most expensive clothes and cheap ones as well look pretty meh to my eye.

What does being a on gaming site have to do with anything? I'm not asking why users on this site are spending more on games than clothes. That's obvious. I'm asking why there is a lack of personal investment in one's own image in generally. Being blind is irrelevant because that circumstance is different. The thread is not about home wear either. You dont have to be expensive to look great either. 90% of my shopping is through Amazon. Lot of eye catching but cheap clothes.

BraLoD said:
mZuzek said:

You must be a beggar, then.

How is that even remotely related?

He probably made a joke out of what I said earlier.

Xxain said:

Just wanted to thank you for this post. You vocalized exactly what I was trying to say. You don't have to spend loads of money to look good. You don't even have to be a fashionista (or enthusiast) like us to pull off great looks either, it's just about common sense and developing your own style/being aware of what works best on you. This is probably a cultural thing mixed with low self-esteem, but people should really value their image more. Like you said, it can do wonders to any kind of relationship and how the world perceives you. It's not about trying to be something you are not either, just about trying to show the best "you" that you can offer. Our overall image sends a message to others, even if it's an unintentional one.

Signalstar said:
Based on the responses I propose someone start an official VGC fashion thread. Not me but someone.

We can share our clothes purchases and give advice.

It will be fab.

Excellent! That's an awesome idea, someone has to make it, or else I'll do it myself.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won