By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Do you most of your money on clothes or videogames?

Do you spend more on clothes than games this year?

Yes 11 23.91%

No 35 76.09%

Total:46

I'm a cheap person...
So I buy most of my clothe and games used.
Let's see... about 5 Polo Shirts and 1 jeans pants per year - 100 to 200 USD per year
Games ... 2 full priced and 10 big discounts - 220 per year.
I guess on average I expend about same amount on both.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

Shoes and bras alone more than games. Throw in other clothes and it is not close.

Games by far. Clothes last long for me, I don't have many excess clothes, and I'm pretty careful with how much money I spend on clothes. That said, I'm also fairly careful with how I spend money on games, but I still end up spending more on them.

Given how expensive clothes can be compared to games, then it's clothes.

Though i do spent at least 500 dollars a year on games.

I definitely spend more money on clothes than on games or gaming equipment.
So far I haven't even spent close to 100€ for games in 2018, in the same time frame I spent almost 300€ for clothes.

Around the Network

I work on a well rounded wardrobe complete with a few nice suits and coats, but I don't shop habitually or anything. I'll spend good money on a piece or outfit that warrants it, but I've definitely spent more on my gaming hobby over the years.

Probably vinyls>games>clothes.
Getting a record player turned out to be pretty dangerous for my wallet, even though i bought way more second hand stuff.

Clothes only get expensive if i buy new trekking shoes or hiking boots.

Maybe videogames?
I've barely bought clothes in the past 4 years. This year I did a refreshing of my clothing so I spent quite a bit, but I feel they even out in the long run.
Don't spend particularly much in either.

video games by far, way too far to be honest.

I mean games stop you from ever having to wear clothes on a regular basis. Easy savings. My work provides a set uniform, and when I go out I typically wear some merchandise sweater or t-shirt from an electronic musician or YouTuber, and sweatpants. I also keep my shoes very tidy so I don't need to get a new pair every half year when they get too dirty. My shoes can last a year before they start tearing apart.

People who buy into all these new clothing trends are the ones complaining about not being able to afford a house by age 30. Video games are the ultimate money saver.