By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - LTD Software Shipments for Nintendo Platforms

If my maths is correct, on the Gamecube front, I account for close to 11 & 1/2 people as my collection still spans 114 games! I clearly gave at the office.

COMING SOON!

Around the Network
elgefe02 said:
Excellent Numbers the source...

I am impressed with the Gamecube and the Ds Numbers...
Also Piracy does not seem to affect the Wii software numbers...

My theory is that Nintendo just makes games that sell to so many people the number of pirated copies simply don't matter. There is a set number of people who know how to pirate games and even fewer who are willing to pirate.

So 10 million copies of a game sold + 100,000 pirated copies is OK with outstanding software while

10,000 copies sold + 100,000 pirated copies is terrible.

It's probably why Nintendo has no urge to patch "critical vulnerabilities" on the DS.

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.

Nice numbers, to bad there wasn't someonw like you that knows all the sony numbers

Nice numbers, to bad there wasn't someone like you that knows all the sony numbers

^ not sure how that happened?

Around the Network
Gilgamesh said:

Nice numbers, to bad there wasn't someonw like you that knows all the sony numbers

This site has all the totals for the playstation systems. http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/data/bizdatatitle_e.html

Wow, great numbers. Very impressive for the GameCube there were more hardcore buyers out there besides myself on that system. I will say the N64 attach ratio surprised me a lot, I thought it would be higher there were some great games on that system. I ended up with about 24 games for the 64.

But man, congrats to the Wii and Nintendo. This thing is going to be a huge software seller over the course of the next 5-7 years. I know I am going to be adding to my Wii collection this holiday.

Proud member of the Sonic Support Squad

PSN ID: smj1860

Griffin said:
Gilgamesh said:

This site has all the totals for the playstation systems. http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/data/bizdatatitle_e.html

Thanks for the website

Griffin said:
Gilgamesh said:

This is the number of titles which have been released in each region, not actual sales.

Software shipments: PS2 / PS3 / PSP

June 30, 2008 Update:

Platform       SW           HW          SW:HW Ratio        SW: HW Ration through 3/31/08

Wii            188.85m      29.62m          6.376               6.071

DS            406.19m      77.53m          5.239               5.235

GB            501.11m      118.69m        4.222

GBA          376.94m       81.24m         4.640

NES          500.01m      61.91m          8.076

SNES        379.06m      49.1m            7.720 

N64          224.97m      32.93m          6.832

GC           208.56m      21.74m          9.593                9.590

Lifetime estimates for DS:

HW ~ 120m-150m

SW:HW Ratio 5-6 (most top DS titles have now released)

Total DS SW Shipped When It Stops Selling: 600m - 750m

Life Time Estimates for Wii:

HW ~ Unknown but at least 60m by the time things are said and done

SW: HW Ratio at least 6.5 given that Wii has at least 15 million sellers yet to come (GHIV, Wii Sports Resort, Wii Music, Rockband 2, Red Steel 2, Pikmin 3, Animal Crossing Wii, MySims Kingdom, Monster Hunter 3, Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles, Mario Party 10, Sonic & The Black Knight, Zelda Wii, Rayman 3  the inevitable good sword play Motion-plus game, the inevitable good Star Wars Motion-plus game, the inevitable good Motion-plus boxing game, etc).

Guess:  Final SW: HW ratio ~ 8.5-10

HW ~ 15m-25m J, 30m-60m A, 40-70m O

HW ~ 85m-155m

Total SW ~ 720m-1555m

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu