By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Forza Horizon 3 Tops 9 Million Players

LudicrousSpeed said:
Vasto said:

Forza Horizon is an amazing series. Even on the 2 year schedule Playground seems to always make a significant leap in quality. Forza Horizon 4 looks to be even a bigger leap with the seasons and going shared world online all in 4K / 60 FPS.

View on YouTube

Is it 4k60 on PC? I thought I read Xbots have to choose between 4k30 or 60 FPS at a “lower resolution”.

I thought it would have a 4K / 60FPS mode on the X?  Even if it has dynamic 4K / 60FPS that would be awesome.

Last edited by Vasto - on 21 July 2018

Around the Network
JRPGfan said: 

This gen it seems like Forza could be bigger than GT.

On its own, Forza Horizon is much, much bigger than GT at this point.  If you take both Forza series' together (Horizon and Motorsport), GT isn't even in the same league, in terms of popularity and market significance.  

Goddbless said:
darkenergy said:
1 month old news :-p but anyway I can see Horizon 4 hitting that in 1 year.

That's a bold claim, but Horizon has done better with each iteration.

Horizon 4 will be on Gamepass on launch day, as I understand it.  If that's correct, then I don't see 9mm in the first year as a particularly bold claim.  

Now that I think of it, this will be the first blockbuster, AAA game, in an established franchise, to hit Gamepass at launch.  It will be interesting to see how that works out.  As an XBone owner that isn't yet a Gamepass subscriber, this may be the game that finally makes me take the plunge.  

Hell, the game is 2 years old and still beats Need for Speed, and The Crew 2 in graphics. The way the cars handle as well beats every other racing game on the market. The 300 hours I spent on the game was absolutely amazing, in comparison I only have 100 hours average on each Motorsport title.

VAMatt said:
JRPGfan said: 

On its own, Forza Horizon is much, much bigger than GT at this point.  If you take both Forza series' together (Horizon and Motorsport), GT isn't even in the same league, in terms of popularity and market significance.  

They also gave out of stat that 22 Million people played forza in 2017. Granted, Forza 5 was given out as GWG, but still, it's an impressive feat.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Around the Network

That number dont add up consider gt:s numbers

loy310 said:
That number dont add up consider gt:s numbers

???

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Vasto said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Is it 4k60 on PC? I thought I read Xbots have to choose between 4k30 or 60 FPS at a “lower resolution”.

I thought it would have a 4K / 60FPS mode on the X?  Even if it has dynamic 4K / 60FPS that would be awesome.

They never said anything like that.

They said FH4 will add a 60FPS performance mode. That automatically means that it can't be 4K, since that mode would already be the best available and thus there would be no need for any other kind of mode.
Also FH3 was 4K 30 FPS. There is no magic that could double the framerate while keeping anything else at the same level.
Even dynamic 4K or 1600p/1440p resolution is very doubtful.

In the end you will have a choice between 4K 30FPS and 1080p 60FPS on Xbox One X. Something already possible on FH3 but just never added.

JRPGfan said:
Jigsawx1 said:

Forza Horizon 3 tops 9 Million Players.

I think it Great for this Masterpiece of a racing Game personally i had a lot of fun with Horizon

Thats alot.... GTsports is supposedly only at 5.5m Players atm.

Wasnt long ago there was a "Congrats GTsports on 5m players" or such announcement (even if the actual number was aroudn 5.5m).
If the guys from Forza got out some PR saying over 9m players, it could be as a responce to the GTSports news.

At this rate, it definitely is. But that's because MS has been successful at having numerous critically acclaimed Forza games on the market.

The X1 has had five Forza releases already. They don't talk numbers but I assume that could be over 15 million units sold, physical and digital. Meanwhile GT has only sold a few million because they've struggle to get a complete product on the market. Its possible GT7 will be on next gen as well because its taking so long.

But who would have predicted this? Forza would be more successful than GT in the 8th gen. The expectation was GT would be huge thanks to the success of PS4.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Barozi said:
Vasto said:

They never said anything like that.

They said FH4 will add a 60FPS performance mode. That automatically means that it can't be 4K, since that mode would already be the best available and thus there would be no need for any other kind of mode.
Also FH3 was 4K 30 FPS. There is no magic that could double the framerate while keeping anything else at the same level.
Even dynamic 4K or 1600p/1440p resolution is very doubtful.

In the end you will have a choice between 4K 30FPS and 1080p 60FPS on Xbox One X. Something already possible on FH3 but just never added.

I'm not sure if it improved much, but PC users complained about not being able to achieve consistent 60 fps on FH3. DF assumed it was because it wasn't really built for 60 fps. However, FH4 is being built with 60 fps from the start.

Hence, adding a stable 60 fps in FH3 might require optimization and probably why it was not added. Meanwhile Gears 4 did add a 60 fps mode but with dips.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)