By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Forza Horizon 3 Tops 9 Million Players

Skeeuk said:
Wonder how many actual copies are sold?

I would guess around 5-6 million on its own.

The game did have a lot of bundling, but X1 often has many bundles to choose from.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
Skeeuk said:
Wonder how many actual copies are sold?

I would guess around 5-6 million on its own.

The game did have a lot of bundling, but X1 often has many bundles to choose from.

Actually the game didn't have a lot of bundling.  Also the first bundles for it didn't show up until almost a year after it was released and as far as I know it was only bundled a lot in Europe and not in North America.

Guess I might count as two copies.

I bought the game during the E3 sale for $35 IIRC, then a couple weeks later the Blizzard expansion was on sale for $8, down from $20. But now during the Ultimate Game Sale the entire collection is $37 so I thought, what the hell, and contacted MS support to ask for a refund. I've already got over 20 hours in the game so I wasn't expecting a refund but low and behold they refunded not only the game purchase but the expansion as well. So now I own the entire thing. Easily the most pleasant support experience I have ever had. Well, Nintendo's always great as well.

there has to be some error

if Forza sold 9million unites then its a great thing

lightningfunk said:

It didn't sell 9 million units.  Over 9 million people played it that includes used copies and copies that where used by multiple people.

Around the Network
Chris Hu said:
lightningfunk said:

It didn't sell 9 million units.  Over 9 million people played it that includes used copies and copies that where used by multiple people.

9 million is a very impressive number. Lets not forget the game sits on about 3.73m copies sold via physical alone on VGchartz. PC only gamers can only play it via digital distribution. But the real treat is GamePass, that is killing it for getting players to play there games. 

State of Decay 2  - 3m players 

Sea of Thieves - 4m players

Forza Horizon 3 - 9m players.

Solid numbers.

Forza Horizon 3 is an amazing game. This is well deserved.

Its at 7 million sales given that its on PC and Forza is big on PC.

Azzanation said:
Chris Hu said:

9 million is a very impressive number. Lets not forget the game sits on about 3.73m copies sold via physical alone on VGchartz. PC only gamers can only play it via digital distribution. But the real treat is GamePass, that is killing it for getting players to play there games. 

Solid numbers.

Well Horizon 3 hasn't showed up on game pass yet but since its going to be delisted in a little over 2 years they probably should add it soon.

GOWTLOZ said:
Forza Horizon 3 is an amazing game. This is well deserved.

Its at 7 million sales given that its on PC and Forza is big on PC.

I'm thinking its closer to 6 million since there are a lot of copies that have at least two users.  

Chris Hu said:
Azzanation said:

Solid numbers.

Well Horizon 3 hasn't showed up on game pass yet but since its going to be delisted in a little over 2 years they probably should add it soon.

You are right, i keep forgetting H3 isn't on GamePass yet. Well im sure once the game starts dieing they will add it to GamePass to inject life back into it again.