By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Opinion: Nintendo need a SWITCH+ MODEL ASAP!

Does switch need a plus version?

Yes 17 26.56%

No 40 62.50%

Keep it the way it is 7 10.94%

Total:64
farlaff said:
Erm, no. Not now. But are those side handlers in OP's picture a thing? THAT I would get right now

https://www.amazon.com/Industries-Nintendo-Provides-Comfortable-Enhanced-gameplay/dp/B07CBJBQHG/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1531723128&sr=8-4&keywords=switch+grip

Or you cut this in half:

https://www.amazon.com/PowerA-Nintendo-Switch-Joy-Comfort-Grip-Red/dp/B01NBVACKX/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1531723128&sr=8-13&keywords=switch%2Bgrip&th=1

Around the Network

They dont need one at all, but we will eventualy probably get Switch Pro/XL/New, but no way it will have 1440p/4k in docked mode, maybe that will be case with Switch 2.
Also higher chances are that first we will get smaller and lower price point Switch Mini/Pocket.

Well... more performance is always welcome. Just started BOTW and the performance completely tanks occasionally, we're talking sub-15fps for a few seconds.

But it's not necessary. Being more powerful than other tablets/phones isn't going to mitigate the damage done by smart devices. The Vita had a lot more powerful gpu than the phones and tablets of it's day, but that didn't stop the damage, the 3ds did a lot better even though it was weaker than your iphone then. The Handheld console market has been shrunk by the competition of smart devices, but it has nothing to do with power.

It depends. Playing Nintendo games in portable mode looks great, and 1080p on the TV is fine. But playing Rime or Doom on Switch TV mode compared with PS4 Pro is a huge downgrade visually. I think Nintendos first party games don't need a more powered console, but third party titles are very hungry for power. However, I would buy a powered dock for better visuals and frame rates. Portable mode and screen is good enough imo.

Barkley said:
Well... more performance is always welcome. Just started BOTW and the performance completely tanks occasionally, we're talking sub-15fps for a few seconds.

But it's not necessary. Being more powerful than other tablets/phones isn't going to mitigate the damage done by smart devices. The Vita had a lot more powerful gpu than the phones and tablets of it's day, but that didn't stop the damage, the 3ds did a lot better even though it was weaker than your iphone then. The Handheld console market has been shrunk by the competition of smart devices, but it has nothing to do with power.

from 230 million plus units to less than 100 million units sold, that's a steep drop in sales. Now if the switch doesn't hit 100 million that's another decline generation to generation, and the switch is serving as a hybrid console that also is a handheld. 

mM
Around the Network
leo-j said:
Barkley said:

from 230 million plus units to less than 100 million units sold, that's a steep drop in sales. Now if the switch doesn't hit 100 million that's another decline generation to generation, and the switch is serving as a hybrid console that also is a handheld. 

That's the thing though, as a "hybrid" the Switch doesn't just appeal to the dedicated handheld market and as such isn't shackled to that market's decline.

Barkley said:

Have you updated it? Cos according to Digital Foundry the patched version is an almost locked 30fps.

All I want is a cheaper non-portable plug into the TV version so I can buy the very few exclusive games I do want to play. I cannot justify paying $249, let alone $299 for it. If I'm not going to overwhelmingly pay for software more than the price of the hardware, then the hardware doesn't make any sense.

I bought a PS4 and a PS4 Pro.  I have still been able to buy more than enough games to cover the cost of that multiple times.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

Yeah, playing Angry Birds in that 1200P screen looks so good that I want to throw my Zelda Breath of the Wild away.

3DS, Wii, PSP, Vita, PS2, PS3, PS4 & Steam.

To me Switch is in a tough spot. It is not powerful enough to get AAA current gen games, and will be too weak for even Sports and AA ports from next gen consoles. I think Nintendo should stick with the Switch until 2021, and release a Switch 2 that is fully capable of playing paired back versions of all PS5/XB4 games. A Switch Pro just doesn't seem to have a place when the entire market is looking to make a major leap forward in 2020. They will need to drop support for Switch and put full efforts behind a Switch 2 that can keep pace with Microsoft, Sony, Google, and whoever else jumps in to try and capture some of the gaming market in 2020.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

They can take their time on that one. I'm in no place financially to buy another piece of gaming hardware right now.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden