By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - In the long run, is there any chance for Skyrim on Switch to match with the XOne version?

The Xbox version is like half the price right now compared to the Switch version. Also, the Switch version has a whole generation to sell. So the chance for the Switch version to sell better is good. Not guaranteed but good.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Around the Network

Well, it'll at least get one more copy sold, as I'm still holding out :P

It's just low on the priority list between my review games, general backlog, and my lack of finances. Still waiting on my copy of Octopath to arrive, and then will probably get Far Cry 5, Hyrule Warriors, possibly Dark Souls, Payday 2, THEN maybe Skyrim. I've already put like 50 hours into the Xbox 360 version back in the day, though I would really love to play the game on the go.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

5k a week for a few more months, than 2k a week. it might get there in the end.

Switch!!!

fedfed said:
5k a week for a few more months, than 2k a week. it might get there in the end.

Holidays may be a chance to make a bigger difference. I say it depends how well each version sells these holidays.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

I'm a little surprised Skyrim's sales aren't higher on the Switch, not that ~1 million is anything to scoff at for a seven year old game. I've personally spent (to my great shame) over 200 hours on it according to my Switch lol

Around the Network
Johnw1104 said:
I'm a little surprised Skyrim's sales aren't higher on the Switch, not that ~1 million is anything to scoff at for a seven year old game. I've personally spent (to my great shame) over 200 hours on it according to my Switch lol

No need to be ashamed, despite some glitches and some repetitions it still manages to be an overall pretty awesome game. I love the freedom such a game offers. And it has dragons! Instant win!

For the sales, that is something complicated. I would say late port, but that doesn't seem to be the whole story. Skyrim sells pretty well, after the launch and holiday spike (which was smaller on Switch than XB1) the current momentum is visibly stronger. On week ten (launch aligned) the XB1-version was 660K ahead, on week 28 it's 560K ahead. That are stronger legs on the Switch-side (still will take a long time to overtake with this).

But other late ports performed differently. Some like BattleChasers Nightwars were out of the box better than even the PS4. Others like FIFA have horribly bad sales on Switch compared to others. These all are late ports, but behave very differently. I think the userbase of Switch is considerably different to the one on PS4 and XBox One (and the userbase on that two consoles is much more similar).

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:
Johnw1104 said:

No need to be ashamed, despite some glitches and some repetitions it still manages to be an overall pretty awesome game. I love the freedom such a game offers. And it has dragons! Instant win!

For the sales, that is something complicated. I would say late port, but that doesn't seem to be the whole story. Skyrim sells pretty well, after the launch and holiday spike (which was smaller on Switch than XB1) the current momentum is visibly stronger. On week ten (launch aligned) the XB1-version was 660K ahead, on week 28 it's 560K ahead. That are stronger legs on the Switch-side (still will take a long time to overtake with this).

But other late ports performed differently. Some like BattleChasers Nightwars were out of the box better than even the PS4. Others like FIFA have horribly bad sales on Switch compared to others. These all are late ports, but behave very differently. I think the userbase of Switch is considerably different to the one on PS4 and XBox One (and the userbase on that two consoles is much more similar).

However, if you look again, you'll see that the whole advantage of the XBO in Fifa is from the launch and the Switch version is selling much better since then, almost twice the speed of the XBO version. While I thibk that Fifa 19 on Switch will still be behind the XBO version, I doubt it will be nearly that far behind as Fifa 18 did. In fact, i'm sure for it to overtake XBO in many countries except the UK and US, who will be the sole reason the Switch version stays behind the XBO version.