By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - In the long run, is there any chance for Skyrim on Switch to match with the XOne version?

I always kinda looked at the Elder Scrolls games on console as something which was one of the stables of the xbox, considering that Morrowwind was only available on the original Xbox and I think that garnered quite the fanbase on that platform ever since then.

The main thing for Bethesda is that the Switch port turned a profit at the end of the day so that's the main goal for the port, rivaling sales on other platforms which still have more than double the install base of Switch are not a main goal I would think.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
Ganoncrotch said:
I always kinda looked at the Elder Scrolls games on console as something which was one of the stables of the xbox, considering that Morrowwind was only available on the original Xbox and I think that garnered quite the fanbase on that platform ever since then.

The main thing for Bethesda is that the Switch port turned a profit at the end of the day so that's the main goal for the port, rivaling sales on other platforms which still have more than double the install base of Switch are not a main goal I would think.

Well, Morrowind was only available on Xbox and Skyrim was only playable on Xbox 360.

Skyrim is definitely well above 1m in Switch right now, so I'd say definitely yes (which I hope Bethesda sees as a huge win and as market potential).

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Shaunodon said:
Ganoncrotch said:

Well, Morrowind was only available on Xbox and Skyrim was only playable on Xbox 360.

pretty much, think the fallout games had issues on the playstation platform as well, generally Bethesda games in general aren't the most stable on any platform but the Xbox family managed to keep them in check to some degree.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Ganoncrotch said:
Shaunodon said:

pretty much, think the fallout games had issues on the playstation platform as well, generally Bethesda games in general aren't the most stable on any platform but the Xbox family managed to keep them in check to some degree.

I originally finished Fallout 3 on PS3 but had to buy it again on 360 to play the DLC. Took me a while to figure out why I couldn't continue my save at first, only to find out that was part of one of the DLC packs.

Around the Network

Doubt it, it's not catching up nearly fast enough. In fact, the PSVR version is growing much faster now: http://www.vgchartz.com/tools/game_comparison.php?reg=Global&ending=Cumulative&game%5B%5D=The+Elder+Scrolls+V%3A+Skyrim+PSVR+%28PS4%29+%5B210249%5D&game%5B%5D=The+Elder+Scrolls+V%3A+Skyrim+%28NS%29+%5B161518%5D&game%5B%5D=The+Elder+Scrolls+V%3A+Skyrim+%28XOne%29+%5B119947%5D&game%5B%5D=

Edit: Confused PSVR and Switch versions, damn color choices threw me off

Last edited by Bofferbrauer2 - on 14 July 2018

Retail maybe but with digital XBO is probably gonna stay ahead.

Bofferbrauer2 said:

Doubt it, it's not catching up nearly fast enough. In fact, the PSVR version is growing much faster now: Graph

I think you have the lines confused.

Shaunodon said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

Doubt it, it's not catching up nearly fast enough. In fact, the PSVR version is growing much faster now: Graph

I think you have the lines confused.

Oops... sorry... I'll be quiet now... But seriously it's confusing if the colors you're used to for each platform get shaken up like this

alejollorente10 said:

I am surprised that at this point neither Skyrim nor Doom in Switch have had a discount in their price, considering that we are talking about Bethesda and the Bethesda games usually go down quickly. It seems that Bethesda believes that Nintendo fans are willing to pay full price for much longer.

If this receives a discount on its price, it could be closer to the Xbox One version.

Considering Nintendo games take a very long time to drop in price it's quite possible that Bethesda is testing if their game on Switch can also hold price longer.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."