By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Take-Two confirms that WWE 2K19 is skipping the Switch.

Do ou think T2 is going to continue to support the Switch?

Yes, the platform is goin... 10 19.61%

Yes, but only for sport t... 12 23.53%

No, they won't bring anyt... 17 33.33%

No, they are completely d... 12 23.53%

Total:51
MajorMalfunction said:
Miyamotoo said:

Yeah, but X360/PS3 also had less than 512MB of RAM and that was huge bottleneck for their version GTAV of game, Switch has 3GB RAM for games, in other words they can use more of Switch more Switch strengths during port.

Unifed memory helps, but access to memory is expensive. Deferred renderers can rarely keep all the data they need in cache. They have to access memory all the time. They could use X360 assets as a base, but who would buy a 720p30 last gen game at full price that doesn't have a supported gtao? I don't own GTA5, but I'm sure new assets are being made for PS4/XB1 first.

I am pretty sure that GTAV would be mix of PS3/360 and XB1/PS4 version of GTAV games, for instance similar like Fifa 18 or Skyrim. GTA V even without online would easily sell few milions on Switch also because full handheld mode.

Around the Network

Obvious decision (to skip Switch). Eventually every major publisher will start only releasing shovelware for it, but let's at least be happy that they are very clear about it.

MajorMalfunction said:
Ganoncrotch said:

wait, do you think the X360 is more capable than the Switch?

In memory bandwidth, yes. Overall? Hell no. But if if it's a bottleneck, it's a bottleneck. If you can't feed your cores from memory, it doesn't matter how much faster your cores are. 

You're talking about 10MB of EDRAM on the Xenos coupled with 512MB of DDR3 memory running at 1400mhz talking about the majority of your memory running on a 22gb/s bus

Switch has a straight up 4gb of LPDDR4 @ 1600mhz or 25.6gb/s bandwidth

If you think that having a single tiny (10MB) pool of fast memory is a smart way to go for effective memory bandwidth in high end systems.... think about the Xbox 1, base and S models come with 32MB of ESram to make up for their DDR3 choice but then dropped that when MS created the X1X and went with a full GDDR5 setup instead of the low amount of high speed buffer.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

jardesonbarbosa said:

Obvious decision (to skip Switch). Eventually every major publisher will start only releasing shovelware for it, but let's at least be happy that they are very clear about it.

I very much doubt that, considering support from Japanese publishing houses goes counter to that (Western releases are going to be few and far between). Moreover, given the reviews for WWE2K18 game on pretty much all platforms, it is not really the poster-boy for a non-shovelware release (at least in terms of quality).

jardesonbarbosa said:

What you wrote dont make sense. So why NBA 2K19 also didn't skipped Switch!? WWE 2K18 was not good game, espacily Switch port was very bad (one of worst games and ports on Switch), so with that on mind Switch didnt loosed much.

Around the Network
jardesonbarbosa said:

What you wrote dont make sense. So why NBA 2K19 also didn't skipped Switch!? WWE 2K18 was not good game, espacily Switch port was very bad (one of worst games and ports on Switch), so WWE 2K18 is shovelware game in this case, with all that on mind Switch didnt loosed much.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/switch/wwe-2k18