By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Take-Two confirms that WWE 2K19 is skipping the Switch.

Do ou think T2 is going to continue to support the Switch?

Yes, the platform is goin... 10 19.61%

Yes, but only for sport t... 12 23.53%

No, they won't bring anyt... 17 33.33%

No, they are completely d... 12 23.53%

Total:51
Darwinianevolution said: 

So what does this mean for T2's support on the Switch? WWE failed spectacularly due to their own fault (that performance was inexcusable), NBA did mediocre numbers and so did LA Noire. I'm still surprised they didn't even bother with GTA5. It was the only multiplat almost guaranteed to become a multimillion seller, and the same could've been said for the original Red Dead Redemption. Do they think the platform is not worth it, or do the porting costs outweight the potential sales?

??

NBA 2K19 is coming out on Switch day and date, LA Noire sold poorly on all platforms and the Switch version outsold the Xbox One version, so i'm not sure why you point to those as points of concern. Regarding GTA5 That's most likely on it's way, my guess is Take-Two is waiting for when the carts drop in price and the 64 GB cart is introduced which isn't gonna happen until late 2018/early 2019 iirc, for GTA they're probably aiming to use a 32 GB cart but they are too expensive, have patients. Red Dead Redemption's code is a mess, that's not getting ported to any platform. WWE 2k19 not coming to Switch is expected given the state it launched in and is currently at, they at the very least need to take a year off and re-evaluate their approach.

d21lewis said:
Good. Fuck 'em. I bought the most expensive version of this turd at 1am on launch day and after the shitty treatment they gave to us Switch owners, they will NEVER get another penny from me.

Ouch... I was gonna do the same thing, but the circumstances surrounding the release made me pull back, I still bought the game a few days later at a discount, but I was not gonna buy the season pass or anything else. I had the lowest of standards for the game, my only requirement really was for singles matches to be playable, so i'm not too burned on the game I guess. I'm sorry to hear this from you, I saw a bunch of posts from you and you seemed very excited about it, it's a shame things turned out the way they did...

If you don't mind me asking, did they release the rest of the DLC? I haven't checked my self and I also don't know how much DLC they were planning to release.

Around the Network
dx11332sega said:
Just saw the poll . Is 2k really only going to port shovelware only?

I can't think of any shovelware that Take-Two publishes aside from the 'Carnival Games' series.

MajorMalfunction said:
Shiken said:

GTAV is on PS360...Switch is stronger than PS360...pretty sure GTAV would be a simple port if they ported those versions.

No longer supported, sadly. Without GTA Online, T2 won't give a fuck. Switch has a much stronger GPU, but system bandwidth is similar. In favor of X360, it has eDRAM, which is 256 GB/s. Switch has no embedded RAM.

Yeah, but X360/PS3 also had less than 512MB of RAM and that was huge bottleneck for their version GTAV of game, Switch has 3GB RAM for games, in other words they can use more of Switch more Switch strengths during port.

In other words "we cant be F#$@"

It's a huge shame, especially considering how good the NBA 2K18 port was.

Though it's probably for the best, to be honest.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Around the Network

Part of the reason I didn't buy it because you were forced to download extra data same with LA Noire.

Fix that issues and i will buy your game.

Shaqazooloo0 said:
Darwinianevolution said: 

So what does this mean for T2's support on the Switch? WWE failed spectacularly due to their own fault (that performance was inexcusable), NBA did mediocre numbers and so did LA Noire. I'm still surprised they didn't even bother with GTA5. It was the only multiplat almost guaranteed to become a multimillion seller, and the same could've been said for the original Red Dead Redemption. Do they think the platform is not worth it, or do the porting costs outweight the potential sales?

??

NBA 2K19 is coming out on Switch day and date, LA Noire sold poorly on all platforms and the Switch version outsold the Xbox One version, so i'm not sure why you point to those as points of concern. Regarding GTA5 That's most likely on it's way, my guess is Take-Two is waiting for when the carts drop in price and the 64 GB cart is introduced which isn't gonna happen until late 2018/early 2019 iirc, for GTA they're probably aiming to use a 32 GB cart but they are too expensive, have patients. Red Dead Redemption's code is a mess, that's not getting ported to any platform. WWE 2k19 not coming to Switch is expected given the state it launched in and is currently at, they at the very least need to take a year off and re-evaluate their approach.

d21lewis said:
Good. Fuck 'em. I bought the most expensive version of this turd at 1am on launch day and after the shitty treatment they gave to us Switch owners, they will NEVER get another penny from me.

Ouch... I was gonna do the same thing, but the circumstances surrounding the release made me pull back, I still bought the game a few days later at a discount, but I was not gonna buy the season pass or anything else. I had the lowest of standards for the game, my only requirement really was for singles matches to be playable, so i'm not too burned on the game I guess. I'm sorry to hear this from you, I saw a bunch of posts from you and you seemed very excited about it, it's a shame things turned out the way they did...

If you don't mind me asking, did they release the rest of the DLC? I haven't checked my self and I also don't know how much DLC they were planning to release.

They did finally release the season pass DLC. I think everyone else got it last year or early this year. For months, Switch owners were promised the dlc on December 31, 2018. I complained a lot about it on Facebook. I think we finally got the dlc in May. I'll have to check my posts to be sure.

d21lewis said:
KManX89 said:

If you think THAT'S bad, you should see the painfully grindy P2W progression system they put in NBA 2K18. 

I bought that game on day one, too! It was my first basketball game since NBA Live 97. I said "If they're making the effort to support the Switch, I'll support them."

It actually impressed me. Then I played the career mode. They wanted money for EVERYTHING. My character couldn't make the simplest shot. I logged in about five hours, mostly exhibition mode. Uninstalled it and never looked back.

The whole company can shut down for all I care. I've bought a WWE title every year since the PS1 days but never again. They've burned this bridge.

IKR? They literally charge you for friggin' player haircuts. And to make matters worse, they don't even let you preview said haircut and charge you to change it back if you don't like it, all in the name of gimping players for more money. And that's not even getting to the meat of their moneygrubbing in that game. It literally takes you a minimum of 240 games played to fully upgrade your created player without spending real money on VC, and that's if you get all A+ performances, good luck with that. Otherwise, it takes you 300 games with all B performances and 360 games with all C performances.

And let's not forget Grind Theft Auto Online, where you'll get smoked by guys running around with fully-weaponized cars, motorcycles with wings that fly through the air, helicopters, etc. trying to rack up millions of dollars for new cars, bases, etc. unless you spend hordes of real life money on Shark Cards right out of the gate.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Take-Two is as greedy as EA, Activision, Konami, Ubisoft, etc. It's amazing how much they get away with shit other companies get shit on for doing. 

Last edited by KManX89 - on 14 July 2018

I wish they would make WWE Day of Reckoning 3 though, I could deal with no more WWE games if they did that, hell I'd be cool with a remake/remaster of 1 and/or 2. I think that would make up for WWE 2K18.

Now that people bring up NBA 2K18 and it's micro transactions, I'm pretty sure that's why 2k19 is coming to Switch. The sales might've been on the lower end for 2k18 but the Switch version probably also has people that spend lots of money on the game. One of my Switch friends has over 1000 hours on that game, I can only imagine how much he's spent on the game in total...

Miyamotoo said:
MajorMalfunction said:

No longer supported, sadly. Without GTA Online, T2 won't give a fuck. Switch has a much stronger GPU, but system bandwidth is similar. In favor of X360, it has eDRAM, which is 256 GB/s. Switch has no embedded RAM.

Yeah, but X360/PS3 also had less than 512MB of RAM and that was huge bottleneck for their version GTAV of game, Switch has 3GB RAM for games, in other words they can use more of Switch more Switch strengths during port.

Unifed memory helps, but access to memory is expensive. Deferred renderers can rarely keep all the data they need in cache. They have to access memory all the time. They could use X360 assets as a base, but who would buy a 720p30 last gen game at full price that doesn't have a supported gtao? I don't own GTA5, but I'm sure new assets are being made for PS4/XB1 first.

Currently (Re-)Playing: Starcraft 2: Legacy of the Void Multiplayer, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Currently Watching: The Shield, Stein's;Gate, Narcos