By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NINTENDO stock -34% since March 2018

ryuzaki57 said:
Investors, like most gamers, see that Nintendo isn't able to build solid partnerships with big 3rd parties. There is doubt on whether they can achieve 20m shipments with just ports and remakes here and there, let alone long term success.

Did you get this from investors themselves?

Tmfwang said:
Where’s the guy asking how to buy nintendo stock? I told him it would go down a lot, but I was met with comments about how wrong I was. Hah!

You spoke to this person on this website?

Around the Network
WhatATimeToBeAlive said:
I wonder how does this indicate SWITCH's future succes.
It has no bearing whatsoever as Nintendo Stock isn't a factor when deciding to get a Switch.

Of course the usual Nintendo detractors are in this thread with their litter lol. Nintendo will be fine, they have a huge holiday lined up

Lonely_Dolphin said:
WhatATimeToBeAlive said:
I wonder how does this indicate SWITCH's future succes.
It has no bearing whatsoever as Nintendo Stock isn't a factor when deciding to get a Switch.

Idk, i might sell my Switch because of this.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

People are still underestimating the power of pokemon??? Smh

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

Around the Network

The main reasons for the drop so far this year, aside from the fact that most investors really only care about profits at the end of the day is:

-Labo seems like a weird non gaming type of product to sell. 'Why sell this if you have a tonne of great games people are paying for?' Sell some stock.
-Poor E3 showing. 'We already thought there might be a shortage of must have games this year, now we really know.' Sell more stock.
-Nin pushing Fortnite CA and CP. 'If your close to online profits why are you potentially helping other companies with Fortnite?' Ditch more stock.
-Reggie on Fox Business constantly saying "momentum". 'You definitely feel things are flat lining if not slowing.' You guessed it, dump more stock.
-MS mentioning future "consoles" and taking input from Jap devs/pubs. Looks like there might be a portable XB on the way. Getting low on shares.
-PS PR says fixing the CP issue with something their customers will accept and understand while helping their business. PS5/Portable? Shares in red.

Investors don't care about 'doing the right thing' or 'good PR' unless they are truly in it for the long haul. Some investors are, but some are not. Other investors like to short the stock and bet against it which can lead to further stock dips. Even if they are shorting it, it's super rare that's it's being done to cripple the company. Usually it's done because they already see weakness and realize the stock is going to drop, and by betting against Nin stock rising, you can use that to profit, if your right that is, because if your wrong you pay for it. It's like legal gambling.

Nin's stock price drop is not the proof that they are 'doomed'. It is just an indicator of how things are going for the company overall at the moment and where it may be headed into the future. Nobody needs to freak out just yet. The stock itself can turn around quite quickly if the right 'stock PR' is eventually presented.

Stock price has to do with expectation about the future. In 2017 Nintendo had a very impressive line up, so stock prices were high, probably too high really, but investors were optimistic, so prices were high. Nintendo's first party line up this year is not nearly as impressive, so stock price is dropping. I do think stocks will go up again near the end of the year when Nintendo will release some big titles.

Stocks aren’t the crystal ball that determines Nintendo’s future.

Kai_Mao said:
Stocks aren’t the crystal ball that determines Nintendo’s future.

Personally I would say the stocks were a bit inflated for sometime. I always felt nintendo is 40-50 Billion Dollar Company at this stage, It going above larger tech companies is insane and really shouldn't be the case. 

Ljink96 said:

Well I'm honestly confused about what you're defending as well. Nothing is black and white, and in instances like this there is no right or wrong, just my opinion on things. I personally think it doesn't make sense for a subjectively bad E3 presentation to be the sole contributor to such a stock drop. This hasn't happened before. There are other factors contributing to this fall. My thing is there are investors that thought it may have been a bad E3 and stock dropped, and those who thought it was okay and are currently upholding Nintendo's current 34K standing. 

I guess thinking from both standpoints does neutralize an argument, so I guess I don't have a strong dispute. But that's natural because it's such a gray area, investing. I don't think I was necessarily trying to argue something, just presenting how I could see both sides, but lean more towards tangibility than pathos. I need a drink. 

I'm not "defending" anything. I'm pretty sure we started agreeing at like the 3rd or 4th reply and we just got confused along the way... lol ... apologies, if that is the case.