By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NINTENDO stock -34% since March 2018

Where’s the guy asking how to buy nintendo stock? I told him it would go down a lot, but I was met with comments about how wrong I was. Hah!

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1

Around the Network
quickrick said:
Megiddo said:

And you realize there is a drastic difference between "pale in comparison" and "lower", correct?

well that was  a mistranslation, it's actually somewhat lower compared to Q1 2017. 

Is the official translation available yet? I cant find it.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
quickrick said:

well that was  a mistranslation, it's actually somewhat lower compared to Q1 2017. 

No, it was supposed to be translated days ago, but nothing so far. 

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Ljink96 said:

Well sure, but even that's subjective. I didn't say they couldn't give that as a reason, only that in my opinion it's a silly reason for investors to give that as a claim, when actual sales say otherwise. I'm favoring objective claims over subjective ones. I guess that's what I'm saying.

Yes, that's why I put it in quotes, because it's subjective. Again, you shouldn't be so adverse to the idea of investors having a "silly reason" when you just said they were out of touch.

Though, quite frankly, I'm not sure how objective you're actually being. I could be wrong, but don't investors calibrate the stock value based on what they're working with now, and not in the future? I'm pretty sure no matter how you cut it, a lot of people thought that E3 presentation was poor, and if they were judging what the stock should be based on that, it's not entirely unreasonable. Just because x big games come out in y months doesn't mean the stock should automatically stay the same or be higher. The stock will probably rise when the releases get closer, and I don't see that as a "blindsiding" of their unreasonableness, more like just common practice. 

I say it's silly as a claim because there is no warrant to back up that claim. Investors for Nintendo have already showed us their true colors with the Pokemon Go thing, they couldn't even invest in the right company. They probably think Nintendo owns Pokemon. Which leaves them uninformed and out of touch. I'm being objective with results from Nintendo's E3 showings and what affect they had on consumer electronic sales in hardware and software. That's quantifiable. And that's something I find tangible enough to make a claim based off of. Thinking that an E3 showing was poor is not quantifiable, a lot of people thought it was bad but yet Switch sales doubled after E3 and Nintendo's biggest games are showing well in pre orders with Gamestop and Amazon. 

You can think that the E3 presentation was bad, but you can't deny the effect it had on Nintendo sales and that should prove positive enough for future investments. If Sony investors thought the same way as Nintendo investors, it would have been tanked. Sony showed games coming in 2019 mostly. 3 of their 4 deep dives are games coming in 2019 and that's what their E3 was based around. And you don't see Sony's stock tanking based off of games being relased next year. Smart investors think in the now and the future and that's what I feel Sony investors are like. They don't have knee jerk reactions like Nintendo investors have shown in the past. 

My bottom line is, you can say the E3 presentation was bad and base a decision off of that. That's your choice as an investor, but when quantifiable sales paint a different story following the event, I don't think that specific claim holds water. 

Edit: From my own personal experience, I've invested in different Alt coins for Bitcoin and I always followed the news and based my decisions off of that news, If a certain Alt coin company announced something positive like a Wallet or new updates to their Blockchain I'd hodl and invest, that's generally good news, or if they've been chosen for a specific task. So if I had Nintendo stock, hearing Gamestop's report would be good news for me frankly. But that's just me. And of course there are other investors at Nintendo who think this way and I'm more on their side of thinking.

Last edited by Ljink96 - on 08 July 2018

quickrick said:
zorg1000 said:

No, it was supposed to be translated days ago, but nothing so far. 

Ok, thats what i thought, its usually up within a week.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
Ljink96 said:

Yes, that's why I put it in quotes, because it's subjective. Again, you shouldn't be so adverse to the idea of investors having a "silly reason" when you just said they were out of touch.

Though, quite frankly, I'm not sure how objective you're actually being. I could be wrong, but don't investors calibrate the stock value based on what they're working with now, and not in the future? I'm pretty sure no matter how you cut it, a lot of people thought that E3 presentation was poor, and if they were judging what the stock should be based on that, it's not entirely unreasonable. Just because x big games come out in y months doesn't mean the stock should automatically stay the same or be higher. The stock will probably rise when the releases get closer, and I don't see that as a "blindsiding" of their unreasonableness, more like just common practice. 

I say it's silly as a claim because there is no warrant to back up that claim. Investors for Nintendo have already showed us their true colors with the Pokemon Go thing, they couldn't even invest in the right company. They probably think Nintendo owns Pokemon. Which leaves them uninformed and out of touch. I'm being objective with results from Nintendo's E3 showings and what affect they had on consumer electronic sales in hardware and software. That's quantifiable. And that's something I find tangible enough to make a claim based off of. Thinking that an E3 showing was poor is not quantifiable, a lot of people thought it was bad but yet Switch sales doubled after E3 and Nintendo's biggest games are showing well in pre orders with Gamestop and Amazon. 

You can think that the E3 presentation was bad, but you can't deny the effect it had on Nintendo sales and that should prove positive enough for future investments. If Sony investors thought the same way as Nintendo investors, it would have been tanked. Sony showed games coming in 2019 mostly. 3 of their 4 deep dives are games coming in 2019 and that's what their E3 was based around. And you don't see Sony's stock tanking based off of games being relased next year. Smart investors think in the now and the future and that's what I feel Sony investors are like. They don't have knee jerk reactions like Nintendo investors have shown in the past. 

My bottom line is, you can say the E3 presentation was bad and base a decision off of that. That's your choice as an investor, but when quantifiable sales paint a different story following the event, I don't think that specific claim holds water. 

Edit: From my own personal experience, I've invested in different Alt coins for Bitcoin and I always followed the news and based my decisions off of that news, If a certain Alt coin company announced something positive like a Wallet or new updates to their Blockchain I'd hodl and invest, that's generally good news, or if they've been chosen for a specific task. So if I had Nintendo stock, hearing Gamestop's report would be good news for me frankly. But that's just me. And of course there are other investors at Nintendo who think this way and I'm more on their side of thinking.

I .... don't even know what you're talking about, at this point. Do you think I'm talking about my own opinions? 

The investors obviously thought the E3 presentation was bad, didn't it drop multiple percentages then? And honestly ,the whole "it sold a bunch of hardware" is probably a huge exaggeration on your part. Most consoles probably get a boost during E3, so I'm sure to the presumably unreasonable investors it doesn't really affect their stock. 

Ljink96 said:

I .... don't even know what you're talking about, at this point. Do you think I'm talking about my own opinions? 

The investors obviously thought the E3 presentation was bad, didn't it drop multiple percentages then? And honestly ,the whole "it sold a bunch of hardware" is probably a huge exaggeration on your part. Most consoles probably get a boost during E3, so I'm sure to the presumably unreasonable investors it doesn't really affect their stock. 

No, I don't think you're talking about your opinions. I didn't even mention you in my post...

When I say you, I'm saying it in a hypothetical sense, not that I'm talking directly to you. I know very well what I'm talking about and my post seems pretty sound on my end. It's all a matter of opinion when it gets down to it. If the investors thought it was bad then they thought it was bad and they took out their money. I didn't say anything was wrong with that. I'm saying in my opinion I think it's a knee jerk reaction compared to how other investors treat their stock. But of course, there are some investors who may have thought that Nintendo's stock wasn't going any higher than it was, and took out their money. Buy low, sell high. Which is completely understandable. 

And of course there are investors who stayed and keep Nintendo's stock where it is now. And the hardware and software thing is just one thing. I also mentioned that China tariffs could have affected investors and I think that more than anything had an affect on stock than E3. I'm not saying it sold a bunch of hardware, I'm just going off of what Gamestop said. They singled out Nintendo Switch and Pokemon and Smash. They didn't highlight PS4, or Xbone or any of the software coming from those bases. 

I think you're taking this waaaaay to personal, perhaps you invest in Nintendo stock? If so, I don't think you're stupid or anything. 

Last edited by Ljink96 - on 08 July 2018

quickrick said:
Megiddo said:
Sounds like it's a good time to pick up some Nintendo stock then.

Wait till after july 30, apparently shipped less then Q1 of last year. no way they are getting close to 20 million.

Time for that 199$ Switch basic kit

Ljink96 said:

No, I don't think you're talking about your opinions. I didn't even mention you in my post...

When I say you, I'm saying it in a hypothetical sense, not that I'm talking directly to you. I know very well what I'm talking about and my post seems pretty sound on my end. It's all a matter of opinion when it gets down to it. If the investors thought it was bad then they thought it was bad and they took out their money. I didn't say anything was wrong with that. I'm saying in my opinion I think it's a knee jerk reaction compared to how other investors treat their stock. But of course, there are some investors who may have thought that Nintendo's stock wasn't going any higher than it was, and took out their money. Buy low, sell high. Which is completely understandable. 

And of course there are investors who stayed and keep Nintendo's stock where it is now. And the hardware and software thing is just one thing. I also mentioned that China tariffs could have affected investors and I think that more than anything had an affect on stock than E3. I'm not saying it sold a bunch of hardware, I'm just going off of what Gamestop said. They singled out Nintendo Switch and Pokemon and Smash. They didn't highlight PS4, or Xbone or any of the software coming from those bases. 

I think you're taking this waaaaay to personal, perhaps you invest in Nintendo stock? If so, I don't think you're stupid or anything. 

No, I'm not taking this personally. I'm just genuinely confused ... xD

My whole point is that the investors are on some things being unreasonable, and then you explain that they are being unreasonable like it's a disagreement. And then I explained "well ok, this thing might make a little sense from their perspective" and then you argued with it but you're arguing against the investors point of view that you already said was unreasonable. I guess I just don't get what you're arguing against. The only thing I think wasn't sound was, I think all consoles have their sales heightened by E3, so I think that's an exaggeration. But even that point I can understand. I think the way investors are thinking of it, they don't like the presentations and they have almost 5 months (we're talking about early June) till they have a consistent basis of extreme growth. So just getting more sales at E3 week, makes sense. 

I'm not really taking it personally, I just don't get what you're arguing for. we seem to agree to some extent, and even the stuff we disagree with is just from the perspective of investors ... or at least what we think they're thinking ... 

Ljink96 said:

No, I'm not taking this personally. I'm just genuinely confused ... xD

My whole point is that the investors are on some things being unreasonable, and then you explain that they are being unreasonable like it's a disagreement. And then I explained "well ok, this thing might make a little sense from their perspective" and then you argued with it but you're arguing against the investors point of view that you already said was unreasonable. I guess I just don't get what you're arguing against. The only thing I think wasn't sound was, I think all consoles have their sales heightened by E3, so I think that's an exaggeration. But even that point I can understand. I think the way investors are thinking of it, they don't like the presentations and they have almost 5 months (we're talking about early June) till they have a consistent basis of extreme growth. So just getting more sales at E3 week, makes sense. 

I'm not really taking it personally, I just don't get what you're arguing for. we seem to agree to some extent, and even the stuff we disagree with is just from the perspective of investors ... or at least what we think they're thinking ... 

Well I'm honestly confused about what you're defending as well. Nothing is black and white, and in instances like this there is no right or wrong, just my opinion on things. I personally think it doesn't make sense for a subjectively bad E3 presentation to be the sole contributor to such a stock drop. This hasn't happened before. There are other factors contributing to this fall. My thing is there are investors that thought it may have been a bad E3 and stock dropped, and those who thought it was okay and are currently upholding Nintendo's current 34K standing. 

I guess thinking from both standpoints does neutralize an argument, so I guess I don't have a strong dispute. But that's natural because it's such a gray area, investing. I don't think I was necessarily trying to argue something, just presenting how I could see both sides, but lean more towards tangibility than pathos. I need a drink.