By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NINTENDO stock -34% since March 2018

Faelco said:
Darwinianevolution said:
Why do Nintendo's shareholders panic so easily? Every time something slightly wrong happens, they flip out. Talk about short term interests...

Because I guess quite a bit of Nintendo's shareholders are guys who put their money there when they see an announcement like Labo or Pokemon, thinking "OMG it's maybe the new Wii, jackpot !". And then they see that's it's not going to be the famous new Wii phenomenon (announced here every 6 months), so they're disappointed and sell it.

March was the release of Labo, right? You have your explanation for the fall right here. 

I believe Labo was released in April.

Around the Network

That's a lot.
I'll wait after Q3 earnings to see if it goes up again. I expect Pokemon and Smash to sell a lot.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Ljink96 said:
quickrick said:

Gamestop sales doubled after E3 cause that week they had a crazy promo, trade in xbox/ps4 get 250$ towards a switch. Aside from that main reason it went down is cause nintendo es expecting a low shipment then Q1 2017, which doesn't bold well for the 20 million forecast. 

No, the specifically mentioned Switch hardware not by trade ins or anything. 

https://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/321467/GameStop_says_Nintendo_Switch_sales_doubled_following_E3.php

The also mentioned along with that, pre orders from Smash and Pokemon jumped to the top of their databases. And if consumers really are trading in their PS4 or Xbox just to get a Switch...I think that would signal good sings to investors still. And where are you getting this stuff that Nintendo is expecting a low shipment? Tatsumi Kimishima openly said Nintendo has no doubts that they will hit their 20M goal. Can you quit making stuff up please?

"Kimishima-san mentioned that the plan remains to ship twenty million shipments for the console in the current fiscal year (between April 2018 and March 2019), and there are no problems in securing the required production volumes. While it’s true that the price of parts is affected by fluctuations, negotiations are undergoing to any impact on the production costs of these twenty million units."

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/07/03/nintendo-expects-hit-20-million-switch-shipments-2019/

How am i making up stuff? just because nintendo  thinks they will hit 20 million doesn't mean it will. they were wrong ever year with 3ds forcasts, and not let's mention the wiiu.

quickrick said:
Ljink96 said:
I also heard reasoning that Donald Trump's tariffs on Chinese manufactured electronics have caused investors to become shaky. But, a poor E3 showing, vs. Gamestop seeing sales double during E3 week is a weak argument. Pokemon and Smash Bros. are among Nintendo's best selling franchises, I wouldn't exactly call that a "poor" showing. The stock market in itself is volatile, this happens. Hell, it dropped by like 5% after the Lets Go announcements. Most of these investors don't necessarily understand Nintendo or the game industry like they should.

For example, Pokemon Go shot Nintendo's stocks up the roof, when investors should have been investing in Niantic or The Pokemon Company as they get a greater cut than Nintendo. It was a bad evaluation by the market

Gamestop sales doubled after E3 cause that week they had a crazy promo, trade in xbox/ps4 get 250$ towards a switch. Aside from that main reason it went down is cause nintendo es expecting a lower shipment then Q1 2017, which doesn't bold well for the 20 million forecast. 

Pls link were Nintendo said they expecting lower shipment for Q1 compared to Q1 of last year?

In any case, they expecting biggest sales in second half of year when they have much stronger lineup compared to first half of year, especially during Oct-Dec quarter.

Investors are panic without reason (like Switch is stop selling, lol), Switch HW and SW will keep selling very good, at end of year because Pokemon, Smash and Holiday season, sales will be very strong and stocks will definatly g up.

Around the Network
quickrick said:
Ljink96 said:

No, the specifically mentioned Switch hardware not by trade ins or anything. 

https://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/321467/GameStop_says_Nintendo_Switch_sales_doubled_following_E3.php

The also mentioned along with that, pre orders from Smash and Pokemon jumped to the top of their databases. And if consumers really are trading in their PS4 or Xbox just to get a Switch...I think that would signal good sings to investors still. And where are you getting this stuff that Nintendo is expecting a low shipment? Tatsumi Kimishima openly said Nintendo has no doubts that they will hit their 20M goal. Can you quit making stuff up please?

"Kimishima-san mentioned that the plan remains to ship twenty million shipments for the console in the current fiscal year (between April 2018 and March 2019), and there are no problems in securing the required production volumes. While it’s true that the price of parts is affected by fluctuations, negotiations are undergoing to any impact on the production costs of these twenty million units."

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/07/03/nintendo-expects-hit-20-million-switch-shipments-2019/

How am i making up stuff? just because nintendo  thinks they will hit 20 million doesn't mean it will. they were wrong ever year with 3ds forcasts, and not let's mention the wiiu.

You do realise there is quite difference between "there will be lower sales" and "sales could be lower"!?

Miyamotoo said:
quickrick said:

You do realise there is quite difference between "there will be lower sales" and "sales could be lower"!?

Basically they are expecting sales to be lower for Q1, other wise they wouldn't tell investors that. not sure what your point is.

Investors, like most gamers, see that Nintendo isn't able to build solid partnerships with big 3rd parties. There is doubt on whether they can achieve 20m shipments with just ports and remakes here and there, let alone long term success.

It's foreign stockholders offloading cause they don't understand the company or it's vision. It is however still higher than the Pokemon Go craze. This is just one of those things that has always been the way it is when it comes Nintendo stock. It goes up quick and down quick and rests on a certain height for a while. Nowhere near JUNK status Sony's stock was.

Somewhat relevant tweet. 

quickrick said:
Miyamotoo said:

Basically they are expecting sales to be lower for Q1, other wise they wouldn't tell investors that. not sure what your point is.

My point is that they said "could be", not that they are definitely will be lower.