By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. July bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

Tagged games:

Smash and Pokemon are now available to pre-order in Japan.

#1, #2, #32 Smash Bros. Ultimate
#3, #4, #11, #12, #14, #15, #19, #25 Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee

#23, #39, #56, #68, #91, #93 Switch

Around the Network
p0isonparadise said:

The Ninvasion has begun

p0isonparadise said:

I'm a bit lazy, but what are  the many versions of Smash and Pokemon, I can only think 4 versions of Pokemon possible. 

Mbolibombo said:
Honest question:

Why are you assuming it's on Amazon? It could be Sony wanting better deals from Amazon and Amazon would have none of it. The obvious conflict is there, but has there been similar scenarios before between Nintendo/Sony/Microsoft and Amazon? I cant remember one. Sony loses more on this Amazon does so it would be to their gain to make this work again.

With that said, Amazon is a horrible company and I wish them nothing good so I hope it's on them and not Sony.

How do you think that Sony loses more than Amazon in this situation?

Other retailers/webshops still sell Sony hardware and software. I can't see why a person who wants to buy PS4 wouldn't just check other retailers when he/she notices that PS4 is not available in Amazon.

Amazon loses sales and profits every minute not selling the most popular gaming system and its software. 

This problem with Amazon hasn't stopped PS4 from outselling other gaming consoles in US lately, according to leaked NPD data.

Edit. Only thing I can think of, where Sony loses money is; PSN giftcards, Amazon is the only/best place to order credit for US  PSN accounts created in other countries - and I think there are lots of those accounts.

Last edited by Panosmies - on 13 July 2018

Acevil said:
p0isonparadise said:

I'm a bit lazy, but what are  the many versions of Smash and Pokemon, I can only think 4 versions of Pokemon possible. 

Apparently on Amazon Japan they have 2 SKU's for most games, I think one version has bonuses or something and the other doesn't.

So Smash SKU's are probably:

• Smash (Bonus)
  • Smash (without Bonus)
  • Smash Digital code

Pokemon is probably:

• Pikachu (with bonus)
  • Eevee (with bonus)
  • Pikachu + Pokebal
  • Eevee + Pokeball
  • Pikachu (without bonus)
  • Eevee (without bonus)
  • Pikachu Digital Code
  • Eevee Digital Code

Around the Network

Where are PS4 games.

Do PS4 owner don't buy physical anymore or is it the Amazon vs Sony issue?

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

0D0 said:
Where are PS4 games.

The PS4 and Xbox One have top 10 games monthly in NPD and its not shown on the Amazon top 100( like State of Decay, which wasnt even on Amazon and won the month of May), I wish people would stop seeing this as a Sony only issue and see it as a mutliplatform issue, multi company issue.  From Resetera, people are noticing disappearing Disney items and other things as well.

Panosmies said:
Mbolibombo said:
Honest question:

Why are you assuming it's on Amazon? It could be Sony wanting better deals from Amazon and Amazon would have none of it. The obvious conflict is there, but has there been similar scenarios before between Nintendo/Sony/Microsoft and Amazon? I cant remember one. Sony loses more on this Amazon does so it would be to their gain to make this work again.

With that said, Amazon is a horrible company and I wish them nothing good so I hope it's on them and not Sony.

How do you think that Sony loses more than Amazon in this situation?

Other retailers/webshops still sell Sony hardware and software. I can't see why a person who wants to buy PS4 wouldn't just check other retailers when he/she notices that PS4 is not available in Amazon.

Amazon loses sales and profits every minute not selling the most popular gaming system and its software. 

This problem with Amazon hasn't stopped PS4 from outselling other gaming consoles in US lately, according to leaked NPD data.

Edit. Only thing I can think of, where Sony loses money is; PSN giftcards, Amazon is the only/best place to order credit for US  PSN accounts created in other countries - and I think there are lots of those accounts.

Bolded is definitely true. I am mostly digital gamer. I always bought psn codes from Amazon  a for whatever reason  psn doesnt accept my visa card.  Imagine how annoyed I was  Tuesday when I went to amazon hoping to purchase and it was not available.

Train wreck said:
0D0 said:
Where are PS4 games.

The PS4 and Xbox One have top 10 games monthly in NPD and its not shown on the Amazon top 100( like State of Decay, which wasnt even on Amazon and won the month of May), I wish people would stop seeing this as a Sony only issue and see it as a mutliplatform issue, multi company issue.  From Resetera, people are noticing disappearing Disney items and other things as well.

I this case, I won't trust Amazon lists any more.

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

Not bothering with America anymore for the sake of keeping it fair.

Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee
#2, #21, #60, #92 - UK
#3, #4, #9, #12, #15, #18, #23, #34 - Japan
#7, #16 - Canada
#7, #23, #85 - Spain
#17, #23 - Germany
#17, #23 - Australia
#19, #30 - Mexico
#34 - Italy

Spider-Man
#15 - Australia
#38 - UK