By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. July bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

Tagged games:

Train wreck said:
Out of the top 10 games that Matt from NPD predicts will lead the year, you can only pre-order two in physical form from amazon...

Call of Duty Black Ops 4
Fallout 76

The rest only have higher edition digital codes or the game is not listed at all.

Don't forget some of the games are already out, and both Far Cry 5 and Monster Hunter World can be bought on the site normally. God of War however, not so much.

I highly doubt however that MHW will stay in the Top 10 until the end. It's at 1.1M in retail according to this site when combining PS4 and XBO and it's legs are pretty much dead already. At the current rate both MK8DX and SMO almost could beat that already until the end of the year, sitting at over 500k already, not to mention games like Super Mario Party, Smash or either version of Pokémon let's go.

Last edited by Bofferbrauer2 - on 11 July 2018

Around the Network
Bofferbrauer2 said:
TheBlackNaruto said:
Man Nintendo is murdering the Amazon charts! Geesh!

And it's not just Amazon:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/dev2016/thread.php?id=235297&page=9

Oh yeah I am in that thread as well. I just commented regarding Amazon because I was in this thread lol. They will have a very good July from the way things are looking!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Man, this gif gets me laughing. Amazing to be at #2 tbh. Never expected to do THIS great. How was it compared to the WiiU game?

Octopath Traveler position through different countries on amazon:

US: 1th (-)
JP: 1th (-)
UK: 1th (+1)
Germany: --- [Out of Stock]
France: 1th(-)
Spain: 1th(-)
Canada: 171th (-) [Must have just come out of stock]

Just a friendly reminder: Tomorrow the embargo lifts for the game reviews!

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Switch
#2, #9 Australia
#5, #81 Mexico
#7, #16 USA
#7, #49, #56, #62, #71 Japan
#7, #71 UK
#9. #13 Canada
#14, #17 Germany
#14, #51 Spain
#14 Italy
#30, #45 France

PS4
#15, #35, #36, #37 Australia
#17, #39, #61 Japan
#21, #54 Spain
#42, #74 Germany
#44 UK
#51 Mexico
#64, #77, #90, #100 France
#80 Italy
#84 Canada

Xbox
#18 Australia
#37, #47 Canada
#38 UK
#38, #91, #95 Mexico
#49 Italy
#69, #71, #87 USA
#100 Germany

Around the Network

I read this on resetera. So many problems with people selling on amazon it would really make you question it as a reliable tracker.

"They still are. You can't preorder physical copies of Disney, Marvel, Pixar, or Star Wars titles. They aren't available to order until the day of release, although sometimes quantities are extremely low (going out of stock for an obnoxiously long time) and only available to Prime subscribers.

It's a similar story with EA. You can preorder digital copies of their games, but you can't preorder anything physical, and even physical copies of already released games are mostly (entirely?) available only from third-party sellers rather than Amazon directly."

And obviously you can add Sony to the list. Anyway I'm glad these companies are standing up to the draconian amazon policies. Hopefully Nintendo and Microsoft follow suit. Otherwise they'll keep giving everyone super slim and shitty margins on their products sold via amazon.

Nautilus said:
Octopath Traveler position through different countries on amazon:

US: 1th (-)
JP: 1th (-)
UK: 1th (+1)
Germany: --- [Out of Stock]
France: 1th(-)
Spain: 1th(-)
Canada: 171th (-) [Must have just come out of stock]

Just a friendly reminder: Tomorrow the embargo lifts for the game reviews!

It has been out of stock for Canada for couple of days. Thankfully I got mine. Nice to see it doing well on amazon around the world. 

The yearly chart is in upheaval, too. God of War finally starts dropping, the PS cards are weakening at the top, while Smash, Octopath, Toad and Mario Party rush through the ranks.

I'll wait for my update of the yearly chart until tomorrow, so we'll have the position of Octopath at release day. But things are moving on all fronts there now.

Cards:
Last Update: 10 hours ago
3. ( +2) $10 Xbox Gift Card - [Digital Code]
5. ( +1) $25 Xbox Gift Card - [Digital Code]
12. ( +5) $20 Xbox Gift Card - [Digital Code]
14. ( +8) $15 Xbox Gift Card - [Digital Code]
18. ( 0) $50 Xbox Gift Card - [Digital Code]
21. ( +3) eCash - Nintendo eShop Gift Card $20 - Switch / Wii U / 3DS [Digital Code]
24. (+11) $30 Xbox Gift Card - [Digital Code]
25. ( 0) 3 Month Xbox Live Gold Membership - [Digital Code]
27. (+13) 12 Month Xbox Live Gold Membership - [Digital Code]
29. (+14) eCash - Nintendo eShop Gift Card $5 - Switch / Wii U / 3DS [Digital Code]
38. (-17) PlayStation Store Gift Card - PS3/PS4/PS Vita [Digital Code]
44. (-16) PlayStation Plus Membership
47. (+17) Xbox $60 Gift Card - Digital Code
52. (+11) $100 Xbox Gift Card - [Digital Code]
54. (+12) $40 Xbox Gift Card - [Digital Code]
65. (+20) eCash - Nintendo eShop Gift Card $50 - Switch / Wii U / 3DS [Digital Code]
70. (-43) PlayStation Store Gift Card - PS3/PS4/PS Vita [Digital Code]

Wow xbox cards are selling really well. MS must really be happy with all that cash entering their ecosystem.

Bofferbrauer2 said:
TheBlackNaruto said:
Man Nintendo is murdering the Amazon charts! Geesh!

And it's not just Amazon:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/dev2016/thread.php?id=235297&page=9

And its not just the US:

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2018-07-07-check-out-the-impact-the-steam-sale-has-on-the-european-charts

Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy on Switch was the No.1 best-selling boxed game last week across EMEA. In the UK, although it was close, it was the Xbox One version that was No.1 - beating the Switch version by 250 copies. Meanwhile, across EMEA, the Xbox One boxed version only makes No.9.

Even when you include Xbox's digital sales (again, Nintendo does not share digital sales), Crash Bandicoot on Switch still reached No.3, while on Xbox One it was at No.6. So Switch had the best-selling version by a large margin, even though not all Switch sales are counted.

Out of the Top 20 boxed games across EMEA, 10 were Nintendo Switch games. Mario Tennis Aces is at No.3 (just behind The Crew 2), having been No.1 last week. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is No.5, while Minecraft: Switch Edition is at No.6, dropping three places week-on-week after its initial launch.

Eight of the Top 20 were PS4 titles, while Xbox One accounted for just two of the best-selling physical games last week (The Crew 2 and Crash Bandicoot making the list for Microsoft's machine). Xbox has struggled for momentum across numerous EMEA territories this generation, whereas the console has been comparatively stronger in the UK and US (remember, UK physical sales are missing).

The Switch is certainly currently on a roll in Europe too.