By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Monthly Steam hardware survey analysis

Around the Network

i love this visualisation:

View on YouTube

I'm curious how mine compares to the modern ones now. I have a 980ti and everything still runs amazingly and is beautiful. I suspect I won't need to upgrade for a few more years (I had like a 470 prior to this card around 2 years ago) and while it ran new games, it didn't run them well.

Few people will know the torture that was playing Arkham Knight (pre-optimized days) on a 470 LOL.

Around the Network
Dulfite said:

I'm curious how mine compares to the modern ones now. I have a 980ti and everything still runs amazingly and is beautiful. I suspect I won't need to upgrade for a few more years (I had like a 470 prior to this card around 2 years ago) and while it ran new games, it didn't run them well.

Few people will know the torture that was playing Arkham Knight (pre-optimized days) on a 470 LOL.

Likewise with me and my 1080ti. I don't really think I'll need an upgrade for some time either. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

mZuzek said:

When you do, you should probably try doing a giveaway here, that'll go well.

Truth be told, I'm still waiting on the co-worker I've lent my 980 ti, to send it back to me, since he recently went to Uni in the UK. Once he gets that back, i've already promised that to an art friend. This 1080ti though, I'm not sure yet. The art friend I'm doing it for nothing (for the 980ti), since he's done commissions for me before in the past, and I know he needs better hw for his animation rigging. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Still no Navi GPUs in the August survey :(

I'm Super, thanks for asking!

The first "Super" GPU entered the Steam survey... the RTX 2070S. I would have expected to see the RTX 2060S first, but that will show up probably next month.

Still no Navi cards to be seen, but strangely a second RX 580 appeared (2048SP). According to Tom' Hardware, this is the Chinese version of the RX 570: https://www.tomshardware.com/news/amd-radeon-rx-580-2048sp,37933.html

An additional chart for VR-fans: 40% of the PCs in the Steam hardware survey are now VR-compatible.

1.08% of the surveyed PCs already have a VR-headset connected... very slowly climbing but nonetheless still climbing every month. And with the Oculus Quest getting PC-compatible I hope to see the number climbing much faster in the future.

Last edited by Conina - on 03 October 2019

Nvidia still has two GPUs that individually outnumber all AMD GPUs ever released since 2012. That's sad and slightly pathetic TBH.