By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - DF: Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy on Switch/Xbone/PC

JRPGfan said:

No furr on Switch version? jeez.
No AA solution either... so jaggies and 720p.
The missing parallax occlusion stands out alot, if you do a side by side.
No reflections either... ambient occlusion.

Texture quality reduction, geometry complexity reduction, folage reduction...

Lots of sacrifices made to get this running 720p on the Switch.

Well, going by the vid, Jeez that the other consoles can't seem to do 60fps. It's not exactly been an impressive job all around for any of them though. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
Cobretti2 said:
xl-klaudkil said:
Switch cant even run a simple remaster? Wauw!

If i had a dollar for every Nintendo thread you wrote crap in I'd be richer than Bill Gates.

He has a total of 2690 comments. If literally all of his comments were akin to this one, you'd have $2,690.

Bill Gates' net worth is $92,200,000,000.

We're way beyond hyperbole here!

That explains why they aren't porting Spyro yet, Switch really is super inferior to the other consoles. At least it looks playable.

Even without looking at the graphical downgrades of the Switch version... the part in the video (14:30 - 15:00) about added latency worries me.

If I double dip I'll probably get the PC version with solid 60 fps.

Zones said:
Cobretti2 said:

If i had a dollar for every Nintendo thread you wrote crap in I'd be richer than Bill Gates.

He has a total of 2690 comments. If literally all of his comments were akin to this one, you'd have $2,690.

Bill Gates' net worth is $92,200,000,000.

We're way beyond hyperbole here!

i was factoring in the fake profiles that always appear on Nintendo threads lol. Granted that 99% of them won't be his lol.

haha agree beyond a hperbole.

Around the Network

They really should give a 60FPS mode on the Pro and X.

Cobretti2 said:
curl-6 said:

It should be born in mind that while the game's core design hails from the PS1 era, the graphics in the remaster were built from the ground up for the PS4, so we're effectively talking about a PS4 exclusive ported to a mobile device here.

Getting the game up and running on a system a fraction the size which runs on a fraction the wattage naturally necessitated some changes. To put things in perspective, the PS4 slim draws upwards of 100 watts during gameplay, Switch draws less than 18 watts when docked and even less when portable. Something had to give, and having played Crash on Switch myself, the cutbacks are generally well judged and it's a fine looking game. DF would seem to agree, as they ultimately label the Switch port "pretty good".

Forget all this.

On top of that ONE GUY decided to port a couple levels to the Switch to convince the studio to bring it to switch. The fact that oen guy had to twist  them into doing it just shows how much time, resources and effort went into it anyway.

Yeah I think it's fair to say they didn't commit a huge amount of resources to this version, but I actually think it turned out pretty well; I've played it myself and by Switch standards it looks very nice.

Barozi said:
curl-6 said:

It should be born in mind that while the game's core design hails from the PS1 era, the graphics in the remaster were built from the ground up for the PS4, so we're effectively talking about a PS4 exclusive ported to a mobile device here.

Getting the game up and running on a system a fraction the size which runs on a fraction the wattage naturally necessitated some changes. To put things in perspective, the PS4 slim draws upwards of 100 watts during gameplay, Switch draws less than 18 watts when docked and even less when portable. Something had to give, and having played Crash on Switch myself, the cutbacks are generally well judged and it's a fine looking game. DF would seem to agree, as they ultimately label the Switch port "pretty good".

Considering the game runs at 1080p on the base Xbox One, the PS4 definitely isn't anywhere close to being maxed out with this game.

I'm not saying it maxes out the PS4, just that its assets and effects were created with PS4's power as the baseline, so on a technical level it's a game built for the PS4, being ported to Switch, in light of which I think it's trimmed back settings are quite reasonable.

JRPGfan said: 

No AA solution either... 

It has AA.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 05 July 2018

As expected X1X would have the superior version.
Is Switch one sufficient for a pleasant gameplay?

And to think there was an user that claimed the devs were dumb for not eagerly consider this port that a single worker later saw was totally possible. Considering the downgrade it doesn't seem like a very easy port.

Warned by - PwerlvlAmy

Last edited by PwerlvlAmy - on 06 July 2018

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

JRPGfan said:

No furr on Switch version? jeez.
No AA solution either... so jaggies and 720p.
The missing parallax occlusion stands out alot, if you do a side by side.
No reflections either... ambient occlusion.

Texture quality reduction, geometry complexity reduction, folage reduction...

Lots of sacrifices made to get this running 720p on the Switch.

When PS4 and X1 already run the game on 30fps (even if they perhaps could run closer to 60fps) we know they would need to make greater concessions to make a port.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said: 

Is Switch one sufficient for a pleasant gameplay?

And to think there was an user that claimed the devs were dumb for not eagerly consider this port that a single worker later saw was totally possible. Considering the downgrade it doesn't seem like a very easy port.

I certainly found the Switch version pleasant to play. And I don't really see any sign this was an overly difficult port; sure they've made adjustments as necessary, but it looks and runs just fine. I mean, how hard could it have been when one guy got the first level up and running over the weekend? It's not like Doom or Wolfenstein II, now those are games that were obviously not easy conversions.